Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Do you have any stats to back that up?
    yes

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/site...t%202014_0.pdf

Even if that is true, Christianity has been used countless times in the name of terrorism. The issue I have is that if we are going to demonise one religion then we should demonise them all.
    perhaps but in current day islam by far excels in go to inspiration for most of the worlds terrorists - this goes for religious and non religious causes

ones must ask the question why is this

the answer is pretty obvious if you look back at a fairly bloody and war -filled 1300 years of islamic history - terrorism is just a modern manifestation of islamic doctrine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekinwari)
    I have to admit the clock does look like something Mickey Rourke would have to disarm but they didn't even call people to check if it was a bomb. They just slapped handcuff on his wrists and interrogated him. If it was a Johnny and not an Ahmed they wouldn't have called police. They would have praised him.
    He was being charged with making a hoax bomb. Can you not read?

ReputationRep:
    Dawkins gets it spot on when it comes to the rushing overcompensation given to this kid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...otive-backlash

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else spent time looking at who the Farther of this chap is?

I sense a publicity stunt hoping to establish an American political role as his Sudanese one went so badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteLiberatïon)
    So he didn't even make the clock it was bought on Ebay? LOL

Hey least he got loads of free stuff by companies looking to exploit the situation.
    And what's up with your username?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Dawkins gets it spot on when it comes to the rushing overcompensation given to this kid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...otive-backlash
    If it was a white Christian/atheist kid he wouldn't be complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Has anyone else spent time looking at who the Farther of this chap is?

I sense a publicity stunt hoping to establish an American political role as his Sudanese one went so badly
    This isn't about his family.the focus should be on racism and prejudice in America and what we can do about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    This isn't about his family.the focus should be on racism and prejudice in America and what we can do about it
    Oh come on Bee

He wouldn't be the first child used by a self serving parent to forward their career in politics now would he

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because were it a "white Christian/atheist kid" this wouldn't have happened anyway, as many on here has been so quick to propagate :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on Bee

He wouldn't be the first child used by a self serving parent to forward their career in politics now would he
    I highly doubt it was a set up

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it was a set up
    Why?

are muslim politicians incapable of media manipulation like other politicians?

ReputationRep:
    You know what they say, 'Fake it till you make it'. Ahmeds struggle bus found the nitro button and now we're all feeling salty.

Honestly, the only bit about this that's annoying isn't even that he got free stuff because people get lucky so good for him, it's the heat people get who don't support him from the moral police. As if they're even on Dawkins level with their Tumblr ramblings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm42)
    /\
    Blimey, I've been away for a week and Errm is up to his forty-second account?!

ReputationRep:
    Why?

are muslim politicians incapable of media manipulation like other politicians?
    correct

ReputationRep:
    Lmao he didn't even make the clock, just took one out of it's casing and made it look suspicious af

You clearly have no understanding of who Dawkins is or what he stands for if you think that.

ReputationRep:
    correct
    Hold on did you just say muslim politicians aren't the same as other politicians

Come on bee you seem to be loosing the plot here

ReputationRep:
    correct
    You seem to have forgotten Comical Ali: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0

His announcements famously included claims that US soldiers were committing suicide outside Baghdad, and a denial that there were any American tanks in Baghdad at all - despite the fact they were just a short distance away from the press conference he was giving, and sounds of the approaching Americans could be heard in the background.

ReputationRep:
    Dawkins regularly slams whites, males and christians for stupidity, hypocrisy all the time.

Please just stop making stuff up.

ReputationRep:
    Hold on did you just say muslim politicians aren't the same as other politicians

Come on bee you seem to be loosing the plot here
    I'm a crazy Arab :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway,don't y'all think it's crazy that they didn't handle the situation the way it should have been handled if they suspected a bomb threat:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.