Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academia123)
    Anyone still waiting on interview emails? Got an email from Keele a few days ago saying they're now reviewing my application. Does it seem likely that I can get an interview this late? Is it common?
    I've just been checking out last years thread; on there the last day an interview was given out seems to be the 10th of March so although like me you're probably constantly checking your emails, I wouldn't worry yet. No news is not bad news necessarily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikingkermit)
    I've just been checking out last years thread; on there the last day an interview was given out seems to be the 10th of March so although like me you're probably constantly checking your emails, I wouldn't worry yet. No news is not bad news necessarily!
    The website says they aim to give 2 weeks notice for interview dates and the last one is around the 23rd March so we could be waiting a while yet!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for the 16th March. Came through by Keele e-mail just now. Good luck to all the grads still waiting, hopefully you will get yours soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vka94)
    Just got an interview for the 16th March. Came through by Keele e-mail just now. Good luck to all the grads still waiting, hopefully you will get yours soon.
    Congratulationsss!!! Really well done and good luck. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I am a grad and still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think they could be going through applications in order of submission? I sent mine in just before the deadline and haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Congratulationsss!!! Really well done and good luck. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I am a grad and still waiting.
    2:1 in biomed and 632 UKCAT. My stats aren't great as you can see but I think what got me the interview was probably my work experiences and some of the responsibilities I have had previously. Hope you get yours soon!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vka94)
    2:1 in biomed and 632 UKCAT. My stats aren't great as you can see but I think what got me the interview was probably my work experiences and some of the responsibilities I have had previously. Hope you get yours soon!!
    Oh thank you for the reply. I have very similar stats. I only really have one long term work experience and one other one I did years ago do you have several wk exp? Once again congrats and thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vka94)
    Thanks for the reply I have similar stats to you which is reassuring I'm hoping the work experience gets me through too! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you for the reply. I have very similar stats. I only really have one long term work experience and one other one I did years ago do you have several wk exp? Once again congrats and thank you!!!
    What did you put on the roles and responsibilities form? That's what they base interviews on, and I think as long as the experience was long term and you didn't pay for a course then it should be fine hopefully we'll hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    What did you put on the roles and responsibilities form? That's what they base interviews on, and I think as long as the experience was long term and you didn't pay for a course then it should be fine hopefully we'll hear soon
    I put my current job as a nursing assistant and ChildLine counsellor in 2011. How about yourself? I hope these are sufficient enough. Hope so!

ReputationRep:
    I put my current job as a nursing assistant and ChildLine counsellor in 2011. How about yourself? I hope these are sufficient enough. Hope so!
    I think more than what you did it's important what you took from it and how you relate it to the NHS constitution.

ReputationRep:
    Your nursing assistant job should be totally fine as long as you've done it for a while. I volunteered at a geriatrics ward and i've done some mentoring and was president of society at uni.

ReputationRep:
    That's great I've done a nursing home for two years and I was a rainbow leader for two years and various volunteering at doctors surgerys and two hospitals, one of which was over a year then I put my circumstances for not getting into medicine first time which was the death of my father. They also check postcodes at Keele to see who comes from deprived areas as well, and I grew up on a council estate in a rough area

ReputationRep:
    So I just called and apparently my application is in the 'hold' bracket. Meaning that it's borderline, TORTURE

ReputationRep:
    Which number do you call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    So I just called and apparently my application is in the 'hold' bracket. Meaning that it's borderline, TORTURE
    Mine too! :'( Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    Which number do you call
    01782 733632 / 734644 / 733642 / 734651

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_M16)
    Mine too! :'( Good luck!
    You too! Let me know when you hear anything.

ReputationRep:
    I just called and the lady said they have reviewed my application but haven't made a decision because they havent set a threshold. They might get back tk me next week.. so that means mines on the borderline too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    I just called and the lady said they have reviewed my application but haven't made a decision because they havent set a threshold. They might get back tk me next week.. so that means mines on the borderline too?
    Maybe but hey at least it isn't a no! Good luck I'm waiting for a call back from the lady now!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.