Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning on going to Northumbria?

Also, has anyone had the offer for architecture and urban planning from Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeakeake)
    What do you think about Kent actually? because I got conditional there and don't know how good is the uni... Anyone has opinion on that??
    My first choice. Looks really good tbh. Spent a lot of time there coz gf goes there as well for the same course, and loves it. Just heavy workload. And the town is kinda dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raimonds)
    My first choice. Looks really good tbh. Spent a lot of time there coz gf goes there as well for the same course, and loves it. Just heavy workload. And the town is kinda dead.

The town is awful. be sure to make a proper visit and speak candidly with xurrent students before you decide for it. The nearest clubs are awful and dodgy, and the next decent town is a £20 taxi ride away for a night out.

The Liberty Quays accommodation has a reputation for daily fire alarms pulled by drunken idiots. The buses are exorbitantly expensive.

I have heard good things about the uni and their sports injury clinic had helped me immensely. I chose not to apply there, as i have lived here for going on three years and it is just not convenient for anyone who does not drive and who prefers something less suburban.

My first choice is RGU as it is in Aberdeen which combines city and nature and has excellent, affordable public transport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalw23)
    Anyone planning on going to Northumbria?

Also, has anyone had the offer for architecture and built environment from Newcastle too?
    I have had an offer from Newcastle of AAA but waiting to hear from northumbria from my portfolio

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was there. Sitting at the front and one of the first for interview
    Haha I was sitting at the front too. Came in a bit late for the talk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahastbury)
    I have had an offer from Newcastle of AAA but waiting to hear from northumbria from my portfolio
    are you hoping on one of these as your firm? I got an offer for architecture and urban planning from Newcastle, that you can transfer from into k100 in stage two, but got an unconditional from Northumbria. I'm definitely more in favour of Northumbrias facilities though and just the course in general thankfully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalw23)
    are you hoping on one of these as your firm? I got an offer for architecture and urban planning from Newcastle, that you can transfer from into k100 in stage two, but got an unconditional from Northumbria. I'm definitely more in favour of Northumbrias facilities though and just the course in general thankfully
    My favourite is Nottingham but tbh i would be happy to even get into a university at this rate! what did you get last year/what are you predicted may i ask.
    and what grades is the urban planning at newcastle i may have to consider that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Haha I was sitting at the front too. Came in a bit late for the talk
    Oh yeah, there was a free seat next to me and my friend, but somehow you went for the further one away XD
    Well done on your offer tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by circlecircle)
    The town is awful. be sure to make a proper visit and speak candidly with xurrent students before you decide for it. The nearest clubs are awful and dodgy, and the next decent town is a £20 taxi ride away for a night out.

The Liberty Quays accommodation has a reputation for daily fire alarms pulled by drunken idiots. The buses are exorbitantly expensive.

I have heard good things about the uni and their sports injury clinic had helped me immensely. I chose not to apply there, as i have lived here for going on three years and it is just not convenient for anyone who does not drive and who prefers something less suburban.

My first choice is RGU as it is in Aberdeen which combines city and nature and has excellent, affordable public transport.
    Yeah.... I'm kinda boring and i dont go out that much, so the town being dead isnt really a problem for me. I understand it would be for other people.
    And also I plan to rent a studio flat anyway and not living in halls. But I would presume that would be a problem in any uni.
    I have spoken to many students there, don' worry XD

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, there was a free seat next to me and my friend, but somehow you went for the further one away XD
    Well done on your offer tho
    Haha how do you know which one was me?? You too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a bit new to this thread. Has anyone applied to Salford? any thoughts on whether its a good uni or not

ReputationRep:
    Haha how do you know which one was me?? You too!
    Coz you were one of the two people that were late, and the only one of those that sat at the front xD

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.... I'm kinda boring and i dont go out that much, so the town being dead isnt really a problem for me. I understand it would be for other people.
    And also I plan to rent a studio flat anyway and not living in halls. But I would presume that would be a problem in any uni.
    I have spoken to many students there, don' worry XD
    I do't go out either tbf but that is partly why 😂 not much of a partier but a decent coffe house isn't too much to ask.

Good you have got that taken care of. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Coz you were one of the two people that were late, and the only one of those that sat at the front xD
    Haha there were like 6 people that were late! Sure u were at 1.30?

ReputationRep:
    Haha there were like 6 people that were late! Sure u were at 1.30?
    Yh

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm kinda new here. Those of you who have already attended the interview for UCL, did you bring originals or scanned and printed reproductions of your works? Cuz I only brought an A4 folder with the latter and I'm not sure if I would be disadvantaged because of that. I had to first fly from Germany to Portugal and then from there to the UK, and it's physically difficult to transport bulky items... Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    To those that got rejections from UCL after the task.. How long did it take for you receive that reply

ReputationRep:
    To those that got rejections from UCL after the task.. How long did it take for you receive that reply
    under a week

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Cardiff after sending in their portfolios?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-loofah)
    Has anybody heard from Cardiff after sending in their portfolios?
    I posted my portfolio in early November and got a conditional offer like last week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.