Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    There are many Muslims out there who have openly said what ISIS have done is completely wrong. Not all Muslims support ISIS. You are unbelievably ignorant for saying that
    they are all the same, they always attack western way of life and we welcome them with open arms
    lets have a look at some of the recent attacks
    911 - Muslims
    7\7 -Muslims
    isis- Muslims
    Madrid train attack Muslims
    its Muslims every time and they stick together don't forget when the US nearly had bin laden before they actually killed him the local Muslims said he was nit there, they stick together no matter what. We should pay isreal 10 million quid every time they attack Muslims.They are all scum and pretend to be anti terrorism so they do not blow there own cover for their own attacks. I'd be quite happy if we nuked every muslim country out of existence they hate English way of life and are here for benefits or their corner shops to sell to all other Muslims,we need to eradicate all of them they harbour each other by covering up for each other kill the scum and stop admitting them to the UK if we have an Isis attack the UK Isis members would outnumber our police , army and TA ten times over. Secret police service to wipe then out is needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Here is a Muslim being anything but silent or supportive of what happened.

When Anders Beverik killed 77 people we did not demand the entirety of Christianity and Christian culture explain itself and demand an official condemnation of that Christian motivated attack from Western Christian leaders.
    Just a question...have you read Breivig's manifesto? I think if you had, you would see it's simply incorrect to say that it was 'christian motivated'. That is simply not true.

And by the way, if it had been a 'christian motivated' attack (which it wasn't) and if he had been quoting his Bible in the same way terrorists quote the Qur'an (which he wasn't), then I would certainly expect some response from the Christian community.

Although I wouldn't expect a response from the 'entirety of Christianity' because that's a meaningless phrase. Just like I did not recall asking for a response from the 'entirety of Islam'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    If those responsible for these most heinous attacks are found to have done so in the name of a political or religious goal, then the repercussions will be devastating. This series of coordinated attacks is the deadliest to hit Paris since World War II. It’s a sad state of affairs that people automatically jump to assume that Islam is responsible. It’s even worse, however, that people forget the victims in lieu of protecting their faith.

Perhaps the worst thing anyone can do right now is tell other people how they should feel; that she should direct their anger elsewhere; that they should point their rage in the ‘right’ direction. This is undoubtedly the best option in the long run, but to rob someone of their right to anger immediately after they have been robbed of someone they love is cruel and only serves to create more resentment to those innocent Muslims who did nothing wrong. Let people feel their anger and sorrow as they are entitled to it, and they will come round to realise that these were the acts of extremists who don’t represent an entire religion, but don’t try to silence their grief at the present.

Killing scores of innocent people aside, these idiots have only served to give more people reason to hate Muslims. In the long run there probably will be severe backlash against the Islamic community, but I think we can all agree that at this very moment that the suffering of those affected both physically and mentally from such atrocities far outweighs the hurt feelings of Muslims. To add monikers like ‘the religion of peace’ to try to defend Islam is pointless. No religion is peaceful, that is a tried and tested fact from countless wars and conflicts up to present done in the name of a faith that not everyone shares. Every major religion has been hijacked by extremists killing innocent people in the name of their faith, so don’t try to tell me Islam is innocent.

Maybe Islam didn’t cause this, but religion can certainly be held responsible in some way. But just because I haven’t specified which religion doesn’t make it any less about Islam, any less than the crusades were caused by Christians or the Ikkō-ikki rebellion was caused by Buddhists. Terrorism is definitely the immediate cause of these horrible crimes, that much is true. But religion has definitely played a part in it.

Right now, however, it’s not ideal to focus on those responsible as much as we should bow our heads for the deceased. More often than not, nowadays, we are quick to forget the victims in favour of political leverage, attacking an ideology, or gathering popular support through social media such as Twitter or Facebook. If you have a shred of sympathy for the victims in Paris and the families and friends of those affected, you won’t burden the attacks in Paris with political bandwagon. That isn’t me saying don’t speak your mind or don’t see the wider picture or implications. I’m simply trying to point out that the well-being and memory of the victims is worth more than capitalising on this travesty or by sympathising with the lesser of the two.

Yes, Israel is horrible and they have a terrible human rights track record, and something has to be done about their actions regarding Palestine; yes, the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan were terrible, and have claimed thousands of innocent lives; yes, the US and the UK have hypocritical approaches in the international stage regarding terrorism. And yes, there are other tragedies going on right now in the likes of Japan, Mexico, Iraq, and other nations worldwide, and they deserve their own mourning and moment of silence. But they deserve them in their own time. Right now these other events are not the focus of what has happened in Paris and trying to compare other, equally terrible events will only scatter people than unite them.
    Hear ****ing hear!

You're literally the only other person making sense here!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    You genius.

I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    they are all the same, they always attack western way of life and we welcome them with open arms
    911 - Muslims
    7\7 -Muslims
    isis- Muslims
    its Muslims every time and they stick together don't forget when the US nearly had bin laden before they actually killed him the local Muslims said he was nit there, they stick together no matter what. We should pay isreal 10 million quid every time they attack Muslims.They are all scum and pretend to be anti terrorism so they do not blow there own cover for their own attacks. I'd be quite happy if we nuked every muslim country out of existence they hate English way of life and are here for benefits or their corner shops to sell to all other Muslims,we need to eradicate all of them they harbour each other by covering up for each other kill the scum and stop admitting them to the UK if we have an Isis attack the UK Isis members would outnumber our police , army and TA ten times over. Secret police service to wipe then out is needed
    Bear in mind 9/11, 7/7 and ISIS was caused by a small proportion of Muslims. There's billions of Muslims out there and ISIS barely covers 5% of them.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/to...ligion-137976/ - Islamic university condemns ISIS

https://www.rt.com/news/229383-kasas...-isis-crucify/ - Jordanians condemn ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...p-9599273.html - British Muslim leaders condemn ISIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    911 - Muslims
    7\7 -Muslims
    isis- Muslims
    Who are the main victims of muslim terrorism?
    Muslims.

Why are those muslim being terrorised? What is the ideology of the second, targeted group of muslims? Why aren't they fighting on the side of the terrorists?

Ask yourself these questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    Just a question...have you read Breivig's manifesto? I think if you had, you would see it's simply incorrect to say that it was 'christian motivated'. That is simply not true.

And by the way, if it had been a 'christian motivated' attack (which it wasn't) and if he had been quoting his Bible in the same way terrorists quote the Qur'an (which he wasn't), then I would certainly expect some response from the Christian community.

Although I wouldn't expect a response from the 'entirety of Christianity' because that's a meaningless phrase. Just like I did not recall asking for a response from the 'entirety of Islam'.
    Whilst not being overtly Christian it does play an important part in the types of politics he comes from. It's part of what defines the west against the percieved invasion and taking over of Europe from Muslims/Islam and Marxists. If anything his version Christianity is even worse in that it is a kind of soft Christianity in that there are millions of such people in Europe who hold this belief of Beveriks... It

"It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy..." ~ Beverik

It probably describes a lot of Church of England goers in this country. But we did not demand they explained themselves after those 77 people were killed.

Some more of his views on religion.

In 2009, he wrote "Today's Protestant church is a joke. Priests in jeans who march for Palestine and churches that look like minimalist shopping centres. I am a supporter of an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic."[192] Before the attacks, he stated an intention to attend Frogner Church in a final "Martyr's mass".[193]The manifesto states its author is "100 percent Christian",[32] but he is not "excessively religious"[32] and considers himself a "cultural Christian" and a "modern-day crusader".[32][194]

His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." Regarding the term cultural Christian, which he says means preserving European culture, he notes, "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[184][194] Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."[194][195] Nevertheless, he stated that he planned to pray to God for help during his attacks.[196]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

But we do not condone or demand some kind of inquiry into western Culture/religion. Statements such as "the deafening silence of the Muslim community" imply that the Muslim community are inherently complicit unless they, on mass, state otherwise. Guilty until proven innocent. There is an imbalance between how we treat terrorist attacks that come from different ideologies, beliefs and countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    Muslims would NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER join ISIS. ISIS are the one that are killing Muslims in Syria and other parts of the world. There are some absolute idiots that support them and all i can say for them people is that God help them.As a Muslim I Hate Hate Hate ISIS more than any non Muslim, they are not human forget Muslims Why do ALL the Muslims get Hate when its a group of animals that are causing the pain and chaos?Do you seriously believe all the Muslims you have met could be as brutal and disgusting as ISIS?How hard must it be for me and all the other Muslims to be always blamed for something I have not done? To go out and people looking at you disgusted? As a civilised nation why have we not stopped generalising? i am a Muslim but i didn't kill innocent CHILDREN men and women i wasn't responsible for the tragedy in Paris i am not the one trying to take over the world i am a Muslim but i am not ISIS so stop blaming me
    It's because the most popular versions of Islamic history imply that the prophet we love and follow did the same things as ISIS, and because the popular interpretations of the Quran supports their actions and policies.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst not being overtly Christian it does play an important part in the types of politics he comes from. It's part of what defines the west against the percieved invasion and taking over of Europe from Muslims/Islam and Marxists. If anything his version Christianity is even worse in that it is a kind of soft Christianity in that there are millions of such people in Europe who hold this belief of Beveriks...

"It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy..." ~ Beverik

In 2009, he wrote "Today's Protestant church is a joke. Priests in jeans who march for Palestine and churches that look like minimalist shopping centres. I am a supporter of an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic."[192] Before the attacks, he stated an intention to attend Frogner Church in a final "Martyr's mass".[193]The manifesto states its author is "100 percent Christian",[32] but he is not "excessively religious"[32] and considers himself a "cultural Christian" and a "modern-day crusader".[32][194]

His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." Regarding the term cultural Christian, which he says means preserving European culture, he notes, "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[184][194] Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."[194][195] Nevertheless, he stated that he planned to pray to God for help during his attacks.[196]

But we do not condone or demand some kind of inquiry into western Culture/religion. Statements such as "the deafening silence of the Muslim community" imply that the Muslim community are inherently complicit unless they, on mass, state otherwise. Guilty until proven innocent. There is an imbalance between how we treat terrorist attacks that come from different ideologies, beliefs and countries.
    In some ways Breivik's Christianity was similar to Hitler's (Hitler actually wrote about his opinion on this)

Both men were raised in a Christian environment, but both men actually disliked it internally because of their perception of Christianity as a meek religion which praises weakness. It says a lot about Christianity that violent nutters don't really like it.

(Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    It's because the most popular versions of Islamic history imply that the prophet we love and follow did the same things as ISIS, and because the popular interpretations of the Quran supports their actions and policies.

Such a Shia thing to say x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    Who are the main victims of muslim terrorism?
    Muslims.

Ask yourself these questions.
    Well done Sherlock.

Most of the ISIS/Al Qaeda attacks have been carried out in majority Muslim countries. /slowclap

ReputationRep:
    Muslims would NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER join ISIS. ISIS are the one that are killing Muslims in Syria and other parts of the world. There are some absolute idiots that support them and all i can say for them people is that God help them.As a Muslim I Hate Hate Hate ISIS more than any non Muslim, they are not human forget Muslims Why do ALL the Muslims get Hate when its a group of animals that are causing the pain and chaos?Do you seriously believe all the Muslims you have met could be as brutal and disgusting as ISIS?How hard must it be for me and all the other Muslims to be always blamed for something I have not done? To go out and people looking at you disgusted? As a civilised nation why have we not stopped generalising? i am a Muslim but i didn't kill innocent CHILDREN men and women i wasn't responsible for the tragedy in Paris i am not the one trying to take over the world i am a Muslim but i am not ISIS so stop blaming me
    Take your logical fallacies somewhere else.

Stop detaching yourself from the attacks. Where is your empathy to the victims and the people of France? Stop making this about Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody insane :/ RIP those who died at the hands of those savages.

ReputationRep:
    Such a sad time for Paris, after so little time has passed since the Charle Hebdo attacks. My thoughts go out to all people in Paris who have lost loved ones, and experienced such an awful night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    Take your logical fallacies somewhere else.

Stop detaching yourself from the attacks. Where is your empathy to the victims and the people of France? Stop making this about Muslims.
    if you go on the first few pages i was there one of the first ones in the tread to say my heart cries for the victim of Paris
    i didn't sleep all night thinking of the families who had lost their fathers,mothers, children.

stop making this about Muslims?
    you want me to stop defending myself when this tread is filled with hatred for me?

ReputationRep:
    Whilst not being overtly Christian it does play an important part in the types of politics he comes from. It's part of what defines the west against the percieved invasion and taking over of Europe from Muslims/Islam and Marxists. If anything his version Christianity is even worse in that it is a kind of soft Christianity in that there are millions of such people in Europe who hold this belief of Beveriks... It

It probably describes a lot of Church of England goers in this country. But we did not demand they explained themselves after those 77 people were killed.

Some more of his views on religion.

No disrespect but your post is the stupidest I have ever read on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Just goes to show how pathetic and cowardly these "Jihadi" militants are.

They speak of their hatred of the West, their policies and governments, yet instead of going for the heart (the government itself), they choose easy/soft targets.

Hundreds of innocent human beings having dinner, drinking and watching football and a rock band.

I'm in complete and utter shock. As someone who has a lot of affection for France, it truly sickens me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    In some ways Breivik's Christianity was similar to Hitler's (Hitler actually wrote about his opinion on this)

Both men were raised in a Christian environment, but both men actually disliked it internally because of their perception of Christianity as a meek religion which praises weakness. It says a lot about Christianity that violent nutters don't really like it.

Such a Shia thing to say x

Mr Brevik was a sad neckbeard fantasist whose worldview was constructed from violent computer games. Please ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    if you go on the first few pages i was there one of the first ones in the tread to say my heart cries for the victim of Paris
    i didn't sleep all night thinking of the families who had lost their fathers,mothers, children.

stop making this about Muslims?
    you want me to stop defending myself when this tread is filled with hatred for me?
    What do you expect?? Of course people are going to be shouting hatred, it's an Internet forum.

You've got to understand that people are angry, and rightly so. Respect that fact, just like you respect the families and friends of the dead and injured.

Anger is a normal reaction.

ReputationRep:
    A Syrian passport has been found near the body of a terrorist at the Stade de France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Mr Brevik was a sad neckbeard fantasist whose worldview was constructed from violent computer games. Please ignore him.
    I'm just making the point that he wasn't a Christian terrorist because he was an atheist-agnostic who disliked the idea of a peaceful Jewish hippy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.