Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    No, the essay is the same its just how they've worded the question
    ohhh got it, thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    i forgot to say i'm doing addiction in psya4 as well!

That sounds like a plan, I might start now on relationships as well as getting that out of the way will be relatively easy! maybe send me a private message when you're done so we don't clog up this feed though haha
    So it did take me around an hour give or take to complete and memorize the formation of relationships and write it in timed conditions. The essay is about 5 pages long. Ill upload it and if others want me to do future i will do so. Would appreciate any feedback on this.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    So it did take me around an hour give or take to complete and memorize the formation of relationships and write it in timed conditions. The essay is about 5 pages long. Ill upload it and if others want me to do future i will do so. Would appreciate any feedback on this.
    what i could read looks really good! you've got pretty much all of the ao1s and ao2s and idas in there that i would've used

i haven't started yet as something popped up -_- don't feel motivated to do it now but i really need to start memorising them!

ReputationRep:
    Are the loopa books good?
    If a remember some of the theories and IDA that he has put in his books will I get a good grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    what i could read looks really good! you've got pretty much all of the ao1s and ao2s and idas in there that i would've used

i haven't started yet as something popped up -_- don't feel motivated to do it now but i really need to start memorising them!
    The way i see it is now youve only got 2 weeks left and your exam will be here within 4 weeks you wull have finished a2. So just study hard and hopefully you do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georginarosee)
    Are the loopa books good?
    If a remember some of the theories and IDA that he has put in his books will I get a good grade?
    Yep loopa books are really good although if you have used your own notes and books it may be difficult to switch since studies snd points might be different.

ReputationRep:
    for the addiction topic if you got a question such as 'outline biological approaches to addiction' would it better to talk about both smoking and gambling or would it better to just focus on one (and if you focus on just one is there actually enough to say to get all the marks?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanna23810)
    for the addiction topic if you got a question such as 'outline biological approaches to addiction' would it better to talk about both smoking and gambling or would it better to just focus on one (and if you focus on just one is there actually enough to say to get all the marks?)
    I'd do both

ReputationRep:
    What does assess mean? Eg: assess the importance of social influences on gender (16marks) appeared in Jan 2012

Outline and evaluate?
    Outline or Evaluate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    What does assess mean? Eg: assess the importance of social influences on gender (16marks) appeared in Jan 2012

Outline and evaluate?
    Outline or Evaluate?
    This goes for everyone wondering about the format of questions.

ALL questions that are essays are normal, I.e outline and evaluate. The wording of the question just differs.

Outline is only for shorter questions, normally 4 markers. Even then I throw in a study to back up what I've written.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do both
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    This goes for everyone wondering about the format of questions.

ALL questions that are essays are normal, I.e outline and evaluate. The wording of the question just differs.

Outline is only for shorter questions, normally 4 markers. Even then I throw in a study to back up what I've written.
    But on the same paper it said describe research into social influences on gender (8 marks)
    So is the 16 marker the evaluate part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    But on the same paper it said describe research into social influences on gender (8 marks)
    So is the 16 marker the evaluate part?
    Yeah so the one you posted and I commented on (assess) is the normal essay including evaluation

If you look at the mark scheme it appears the 8 marker is just describing relevant theories and studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im130)
    Hi guys,

I'm doing Gender, Aggression and Biorhythms & Sleep for Unit 3.

I'm studying at home, and am a bit confused with the biological approach to gender development. I've attached a mock essay I wrote, that I could use in the exam, for the biological approach. If anyone here is sure and confident for that sub-topic, please read my essay and tell me whether or not the A01 content is meant for this approach. The essay is more wordy than it should be in the actual exam, but that's just because this essay is for me to keep reading over and over as revision, and so I made it quite detailed.

From what I've seen, AQA haven't asked the biological approach to gender in like forever, so it could come up.
    This is a video of a model essay https://youtu.be/ZQDhCX6OIr4

ReputationRep:
    How can I go from a C to an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also any predictions for media, cognition and development , eating behaviour , gender and ocd? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused as to which is the best way to do unit 3! What would people suggest? I've started to make mind maps with the points and studies for each topic so I can clearly see what relates to each topic, but is it just best for me to write out my own essays and learn those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucytal)
    I'm so confused as to which is the best way to do unit 3! What would people suggest? I've started to make mind maps with the points and studies for each topic so I can clearly see what relates to each topic, but is it just best for me to write out my own essays and learn those?
    I write out and perfect my model essay. I then rewrite it until I'm confident that I can reproduce that essay to a high standard in the exam. I then write out the structure of the essay on flash cards as "prompts" for example: neural - brain structure - Charles Whitman and Phineas Gage - animal research Protegal etc

ReputationRep:
    I write out and perfect my model essay. I then rewrite it until I'm confident that I can reproduce that essay to a high standard in the exam. I then write out the structure of the essay on flash cards as "prompts" for example: neural - brain structure - Charles Whitman and Phineas Gage - animal research Protegal etc
    Ok thanks I think I'll do that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heretohelp!)
    Also any predictions for media, cognition and development , eating behaviour , gender and ocd? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go on loopa website he has predictions for all units

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.