Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surreal123)
    erm do you work for aqa or something
    Oh if that were true...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I buggered up on a few parts.

I wrote g(x)=1/x but for some reason wrote gg(x)=1 lol

then I made something algebraic mistakes on the triangle question, got the line equation and intercepts but messed up somewhere here...

I also forgot the +c on the integral

apart from that all my answers were correct. What you guys predict for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utilitymaker)
    It's a good thing I don't plan on being a doctor.

I wouldn't want my surgeon to be elbows deep into my stomach if he got less than an A in Core 3 Mathematics.
    You see, I'm struggling to work out exactly who you are. I can feel your aggression, so you're probably short, the high and mighty bravado means you're probably from a private school, and the fact that you're putting everyone else down suggests that you have a small penis... Sound about right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyTaylor1998)
    Got to spread a little positivity with all this nastiness! We're all in the same boat and exams are a huge stress on people as it is, no need to make anyone feel worse😄
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck, I hope your other exams don't end up like this one. It's easy to blame the exam board for your own failures.
    You're trying waaaaaay too hard bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyTaylor1998)
    Oh sounds interesting! Sciences were never my field haha. And I think a variety of a levels is always good to show how rounded you are as an individual😄
    I went with the standard choice of Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but then again I am going into Biomedical Science, so those are needed anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Parts of it took some thinking and were quite tricky, and I have pals with Cambridge maths offers that said they've lost 6/7 marks, but the petition is a bit OTT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cascadess)
    Are you here literally to put people down? Most of us will have tried our hardest, some of us would have struggled under the pressure, both time and exam pressure, some of us may just have not properly revised on of the subjects that came up. That gives you no right to patronise people because you believe you did better than us.

People do not need to be told that they are delusional, not worthy of reaching their dreams of becoming undergrads in medicine, or that they will fail. What people need is to be helped with questions they may have gotten wrong and need to know the answers to, to get a confidence boost after a bad exam to try and do the best they can in Core 4, and with any other help. That's why we're here. So if you don't have anything constructive or helpful to say, why are you saying it?
    Completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    No, but failing to secure an A in this bog standard core 3 exam raises alarm bells about one's intelligence.
    Youre the only **** who thought it was easy, perhaps you didnt do so well after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grakata)
    I went with the standard choice of Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but then again I am going into Biomedical Science, so those are needed anyways.
    Completely relevant for your field so excellent choices I would say! Shows a clear focus on what you want to pursue in the future.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post65802139
    add on to the mark scheme pls

ReputationRep:
    I am just saying that every year candidates say the same thing:

"omg it was so hard"
    "aqa omgggg whyyy"

And now it's happening here.

Is it not delusional to expect A* to be below 60? Is it not delusional to think that everyone has bombed the exam like them? Is it not delusional to think that because they flopped that the exam board it to blame? Is it not delusional to start a petition about this exam's difficulty. Even if you won't admit it, I know your answer.]

AQA is innocent, you all are not. It's easy to blame the "evil" exam board just because you were too lazy to revise.

And no, this is an exam DISCUSSION. Not a safe space for failures to circlejerk at how horrible they did and how it wasn't their fault.

Ugh get a grip

PS: The time you spent typing up that joke of message you could have spent REVISING for your other exams. I expect to see you here complaining again post-Core 4
    i acc agree with you, i put in efort and time and i think i got an A even A* depending on boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Easy exam
    (Original post by Qcomber)
    This would not come up on C3, only fp2

ReputationRep:
    Finally some common sense

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfi3NYVFvBI

It's out

ReputationRep:
    You need to make a thread

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck, I hope your other exams don't end up like this one. It's easy to blame the exam board for your own failures.
    At no point did I say I blamed the exam board on my failures. Sure the exam was f*cking hard but that doesn't mean it's AQA fault, nevertheless that doesn't mean I can't be mad. A lot of it is my failure to apply spec knowledge. I came out of the exam and realised how to a question and literally solved it in my head. 5 marks down the drain because I couldn't see the solution. What I'm saying is, performance in this exam is directly or even remotely correlated with the intelligence of a person. On a side note, your attitude towards other definitely needs work, no matter how good you think you did in am exam. I'm sure I will make a great doctor because I did great in interview, have great interpersonal skills and am mature and respectful to others, unlike you. Good luck with the rest of your exams and trying to integrate into society and a workplace with that attitude of yours

ReputationRep:
    I am just saying that every year candidates say the same thing:

"omg it was so hard"
    "aqa omgggg whyyy"

And now it's happening here.

Is it not delusional to expect A* to be below 60? Is it not delusional to think that everyone has bombed the exam because they did? Is it not delusional to think that because they flopped that the exam board it to blame? Is it not delusional to start a petition about this exam's difficulty.
    Even if you won't admit it, I know your answer.

AQA is innocent, you all are not. It's easy to blame the "evil" exam board just because you were too lazy to revise.

And no, this is an exam DISCUSSION. Not a safe space for failures to circlejerk at how horrible they did and how it wasn't their fault.

Ugh get a grip

PS: The time you spent typing up that joke of message you could have spent REVISING for your other exams. I expect to see you here complaining again post-Core 4
    Listen STFU and get ur arse of this forum. You've failed core 3 10 times and finally realised ur the dumb **** and the exam board isnt to blame. Some of are sitting our first A2 core 3 exam, so we have full rights to compare papers relative to others. As for you you've said that for 9/10 papers so thought ud just say its easy and troll amd fail again on results day. Now go lern core 4 so u dont have to resit that for an 11th time like u will for core 3.

ReputationRep:
    Just spoke to the head of Maths in my school, who also works for AQA, he said that many people who thought it was hard were merely exaggerating, and the grade boundaries will likely not move from the previous years' iteration. He predicts thus

A* 65
    A 61
    B 56
    C 53

He also said he thought that none of the questions were new or weirdly written, so i guess the grade boundaries will remain standard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanigger)
    i acc agree with you, i put in efort and time and i think i got an A even A* depending on boundaries
    Yeah, I feel like I got a C or B mainly because there wasn't much there I was 100% confident I got right, though that's probably just me being cautious with how well it went for me (better to expect very little and get a better than expected result than expecting a lot and getting nothing, I'd say).

What's happened has happened though, no real reason to flip out over how the exam went in my opinion, though it's not really needed to further put down other people down, best to just admit nothing can be changed now and just focus on what's to come.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.