Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNervous)
    Hydrogens bonds wouldn't form as the only form hydrogen and flourine or hydrogen and oxygen and hydrogen and nitrogen. I'm pretty sure anyway.
    Ignore me I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NzUddin)
    Hiya, was looking to see if anyone has the June 15 F324 and F325 Papers and Mark Schemes!! I'll be very grateful since i'm sitting externally so don't have access to them ¬_¬
    Thanks in advance !
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kwj0elokp...S-r2mI-Pa?dl=0

ReputationRep:
    If 51 is an A, how many would be needed for A*? I got 57 (2nd time doing the paper though) - Jan 13 f324

ReputationRep:
    with alkaline hydrolysis of esters, will only the carbonyl group gain the negative charge or will the hydroxyl group gain a negative charge as well\?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    If 51 is an A, how many would be needed for A*? I got 57 (2nd time doing the paper though) - Jan 13 f324
    57 should definitely be an A*
    check on physicsandmathstutor.com it has the A* grade boundaries as well

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    57 should definitely be an A*
    check on physicsandmathstutor.com it has the A* grade boundaries as well
    Thanks so much, the physicsandmathstutor grade boundaries are so useful! Hopefully we get a paper like jan 13 :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    Thanks so much, the physicsandmathstutor grade boundaries are so useful! Hopefully we get a paper like jan 13 :s
    yeah that paper wasn't so bad although the weird nmr question in the table, I wouldn't like to get

ReputationRep:
    yeah that paper wasn't so bad although the weird nmr question in the table, I wouldn't like to get
    yep I went through that NMR table with my teacher after getting basically all of the splitting patterns wrong. I think I understand it now

I'd rather that than the NMR question from june 15!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNervous)
    Hi
    What paper is this from if you don't mind me asking? Thanks
    I think it was a legacy paper, Jan or June 05 from Chem Hume

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    No problem!

Okay so we have added an equal volume of water, so let's say, with 1 dm3 of the acid, we added 1 dm3 of water. The total volume of the solution has doubled but the number of moles of acid remains the same

So the new concentration is 0.015/2

HNO3 is still a strong acid so the pH will be....
    Wait so ph is -log (0.0075)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by zirak46)
    Wait so ph is -log (0.0075)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    Yep!
    U smart.

U very smart

U a genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone have last years mark scheme for f324? can't find it anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia_jw)
    anyone have last years mark scheme for f324? can't find it anywhere
    Think there's literally one on previous page? Definately all papers/ms of june 5 in the forum past 10 pages I think

U smart.

U very smart

U a genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I don't really think I am but thank you

ReputationRep:
    Think there's literally one on previous page? Definately all papers/ms of june 5 in the forum past 10 pages I think
    ahhh I got it, thanks

with alkaline hydrolysis of esters, will only the carbonyl group gain the negative charge or will the hydroxyl group gain a negative charge as well\?
    It's the hydroxyl group that becomes negatively charged to form a carboxylate ion?

Name:  IMG_20160611_155321067.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  138.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    It's the hydroxyl group that becomes negatively charged to form a carboxylate ion?

Name:  IMG_20160611_155321067.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  138.0 KB
    sorry don't think I was clear enough - I mean if a molecule has an ester group which is hydrolysed and also another hydroxyl group on the same molecule
    So the hydroxyl group of the ester which has broken up and gain the Na+ but would the other OH group on the same molecule gain a Na+ as well?

sorry don't think I was clear enough - I mean if a molecule has an ester group which is hydrolysed and also another hydroxyl group on the same molecule
    So the hydroxyl group of the ester which has broken up and gain the Na+ but would the other OH group on the same molecule gain a Na+ as well?
    No, not unless the hydroxyl group is attached to a benzene ring (phenol)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.