The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    I like how you missed out the very next line though

''Simply taking the victim's word for his or her age may not be enough.'' which basically means that law is not applied very often, and certainly not in Nonceson's case
    Because it's irrelevant. In the situation we're talking about, he wouldn't just be taking her word, he'd also be taking the word of someone whose job is to make sure people are old enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Because it's irrelevant. In the situation we're talking about, he wouldn't just be taking her word, he'd also be taking the word of someone whose job is to make sure people are old enough.
    Pretty sure the law doesn't work on theoreticals, and the fact that it's well known many under-age people will enter clubs and bars will surely be taken into account

Lettuce ask the law man swirly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Strong career choice

ReputationRep:
    Apart from

Amir Khan > Zayn

If we're talking young Asian role models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Amir Khan > Zayn

If we're talking young Asian role models.
    True but Zayn for aesthetics innit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zayn Fideo

Cc FK is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Strong career choice
    A common one for Psychology grads apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    A common one for Psychology grads apparently
    U *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    U *****
    Pls stop with the intellectual deterrents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Hehe x

You clubbing before France match?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Thoughts on you getting rekt?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on you getting rekt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by swirly)
    Zayn Fideo Cc FK is right
    Who to believe: Joshua Rozenberg, Oxford-educated solicitor with 40 years experience, former Legal Affair Editor for the Telegraph, 4 time winner of the Bar Council's Legal Reporting Award, or swirly, unemployed TSR poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Who to believe: Joshua Rozenberg, Oxford-educated solicitor with 40 years experience, former Legal Affair Editor for the Telegraph, 4 time winner of the Bar Council's Legal Reporting Award, or swirly, unemployed TSR poster
    I think we need to bring in an expert.

Where is Sheddy? He's a fair and intelligent poster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Except Rozenberg didn't say what you said, that's how you interpreted it.

Who to believe: Difeo, 27 year old who dated a 15 year old in 1st year of Biology at London City College, or swirly, Russell Group Law graduate

ReputationRep:
    Except Rozenberg didn't say what you said, that's how you interpreted it.

Who to believe: Difeo, 27 year old who dated a 15 year old in 1st year of Biology at London City College, or swirly, Russell Group Law graduate
    What he says literally supports my point, the idea that it doesn't comes from swirly, hence my previous comparison

Who to believe: Difeo, trusted poster with 8 green gems, or FK, banned 17 times, former hoider of 6 red gems for his awful viewpoints such as "the Sun was right" and "I see where ISIS are coming from tbf"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    What he says literally supports my point, the idea that it doesn't comes from swirly, hence my previous comparison

Who to believe: Difeo, trusted poster with 8 green gems, or FK, banned 17 times, former hoider of 6 red gems for his awful viewpoints such as "the Sun was right" and "I see where ISIS are coming from tbf"
    Strong lies

Not it doesn't lol, the line after clearly states that asking/relying on the girl being older than 16 isn't enough

ReputationRep:
    Strong lies

Not it doesn't lol, the line after clearly states that asking/relying on the girl being older than 16 isn't enough
    You said something ISIS apologisty about the Charlie Hebdo attacks, obvs I'm exaggerating like you were in your post before

Right, and that line is irrelevant because it's not simply relying on the girl's word. It's also relying on the nightclub, and the idea that that's not enough comes from swirly (and you lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    You said something ISIS apologisty about the Charlie Hebdo attacks, obvs I'm exaggerating like you were in your post before

Right, and that line is irrelevant because it's not simply relying on the girl's word. It's also relying on the nightclub, and the idea that that's not enough comes from swirly (and you lol), hence the comparison
    Charlie Hebdo wasn't carried out by ISIS

No, I made the point that in reality, everyone is aware that fake ID is used to gain admission into nightclubs (aka Johnson was), so the possibility of minors being in the club is fairly high (and something that the club should be held responsible for as a result). What you're suggesting is that the law is viewed in a very idealistic way, e.g. that nobody ever uses fake ID and no minors ever enters clubs or lie about their ages. Swirly has said that the law is applied practically, which means that you're wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    It makes perfect sense. We get a year or two of him, and by the time hes declined, Martial and Rashford are the best strikers in the league.

What makes no sense is signing a striker who's never scored 10 league goals
    So If you buy ibra who would be sacrificed ? Martial or rashford ? How th **** are they goingto be the best when they sit in the bench for 33 year old ibra ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Charlie Hebdo wasn't carried out by ISIS

No, I made the point that in reality, everyone is aware that fake ID is used to gain admission into nightclubs (aka Johnson was), so the possibility of minors being in the club is fairly high (and something that the club should be held responsible for as a result). What you're suggesting is that the law is viewed in a very idealistic way, e.g. that nobody ever uses fake ID and no minors ever enters clubs or lie about their ages. Swirly has said that the law is applied practically, which means that you're wrong
    Sorry you're actually an Al-Qaeda apologist!!

Which brings us back to the lolsy idea of swirly being the final ruling on the law

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.