Turn on thread page Beta

Official GCSE Results Day 2016 Thread (TODAY!) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Naa 😂 medicine just seems so long, I do enjoy it but I cbb for so much competition and time which is hard to find a job (from what I've seen and heard)

I've always wanted to work In a bank since like year 5 (when I got gifted and talented in maths I don't know why I'm like anyone else) so I just associated banks with maths, so that was my goal... Then frok like year 7-11 this didn't really change but I didn't really care about school or the future, but after exams I realised I'm getting close to uni I should start thinking (as my brother is it year 13 and he don't know what he wants to do and is panicking) so I wanted to be sure and stress tree so In the summer I Startrd researching banking and came across investment banking and yh I chose this, and then since then I've been motivated to work, before I'd never revise now I'm revising on the holidays so yeah it was good and I've just been researching it a lot and asking questions so I can learn more
    And no, I've only worked in a nursery? But I'm going to try get some experience on a bank this year

I wrote a book basically

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow you've done actual work this holiday! Writing a damn essay.. too much work for the summer. I had work experience last week at MUFG, an investment bank, some parts were a bit tedious but other than that it was AMAZING. We got to do job shadowing and visit Bloomberg and use their software to observe stocks live. It was awesome!

ReputationRep:
    "sexual" 😂 didn't even know ace was a girl, if he/she is

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ace is a girl. An awesome one btw if you haven't already realised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AceOfSpade)
    The girl who has just had an internship at a national bank of Japan, yet still has Spongebob in her avi. Tears in my eyes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Wow you've done actual work this holiday! Writing a damn essay.. too much work for the summer. I had work experience last week at MUFG, an investment bank, some parts were a bit tedious but other than that it was AMAZING. We got to do job shadowing and visit Bloomberg and use their software to observe stocks live. It was awesome!
    Yep I'm motivated and determined for success!
    Nice, good start.. How did you get that?
    What parts were tedious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ohhh shame I did not realise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sahil19)
    The girl who has just had an internship at a national bank of Japan, yet still has Spongebob in her avi. Tears in my eyes.
    😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Spongebob is for life so I'm at a loss to what you are insinuating.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's a shame I can't give rep or follow people on the app, can't be bothered to go on safari

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm motivated and determined for success!
    Nice, good start.. How did you get that?
    What parts were tedious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Somehow my school managed to get us the experience, my school and MUFG apparently have a partnership or something. The part that was tedious was when we were given a lecture on investment banking, but it wasn't really the content it was more the guy presenting was just reading off the powerpoint. Aside from that everything was so interesting and great fun but the trading game almost killed my brain, I was so confused. But my team came third so I guess I somewhat knew what I was doing, however I don't think I will be becoming a trader perhaps a finance manager or investment analyst.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Somehow my school managed to get us the experience, my school and MUFG apparently have a partnership or something. The part that was tedious was when we were given a lecture on investment banking, but it wasn't really the content it was more the guy presenting was just reading off the powerpoint. Aside from that everything was so interesting and great fun but the trading game almost killed my brain, I was so confused. But my team came third so I guess I somewhat knew what I was doing, however I don't think I will be becoming a trader perhaps a finance manager or investment analyst.
    Cool, so are you leaning more towards banking or medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool, so are you leaning more towards banking or medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right now I'm leaning towards banking, but at the end of the month I'm shadowing a vascular surgery to get a greater insight into medicine so perhaps I will change my mind. What will you do if you don't become an investment banker?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Right now I'm leaning towards banking, but at the end of the month I'm shadowing a vascular surgery to get a greater insight into medicine so perhaps I will change my mind. What will you do if you don't become an investment banker?
    Do something else in the bank - middle office, back office? Accountancy, anything really I don't know yet, no back up plan, I need one don't. Hopefully we won't need to use it. I was gonna ask you the same but I'm guessing medicine?, btw what exam boards are you doing?

And enjoy your shadowing experience ; I don't like surgery 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do something else in the bank - middle office, back office? Accountancy, anything really I don't know yet, no back up plan, I need one don't. Hopefully we won't need to use it. I was gonna ask you the same but I'm guessing medicine?, btw what exam boards are you doing?

And enjoy your shadowing experience ; I don't like surgery 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh medicine is my back up. When you ask about exam boards, do you mean for GCSE or A levels? Thanks, I love surgery- well at least looking at bodies, which is basically the same thing so it should be fun.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yh medicine is my back up. When you ask about exam boards, do you mean for GCSE or A levels? Thanks, I love surgery- well at least looking at bodies, which is basically the same thing so it should be fun.
    'Looking at bodies' is very different to cutting up bodies and stuff 😂; but if you were speaking about the shadowing then yeah mb I just don't like seeing all the blood and pain (can't see pain but you know that I mean) and for A-levels? Also how many A*, As, Bs etc. Do you think you will get for gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My predictions for the A* boundary for AQA Triple Science:

B1: 43
    B2: 44
    B3: 47

C1: 48
    C2: 51
    C3: 46

P1: 46
    P2: 38
    P3: 42

ReputationRep:
    For A levels I'm doing OCR Maths not MEI, Edexcel Economics and OCR A Bio and Chem. And I think I will get 7A*s 2As and a B minimum. Wbu? And yh I'm calm with blood so that's not a problem lool.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    My predictions for the A* boundary for AQA Triple Science:

B1: 43
    B2: 44
    B3: 47

C1: 48
    C2: 51
    C3: 46

P1: 46
    P2: 38
    P3: 42
    12 soon, on time today? 👍🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    For A levels I'm doing OCR Maths not MEI, Edexcel Economics and OCR A Bio and Chem. And I think I will get 7A*s 2As and a B minimum. Wbu? And yh I'm calm with blood so that's not a problem lool.
    Cool cool
    minimum
    5A*, 6As, 1B
    max
    10A*s 2As
    I wish you luck
    I'm going to pm you, if you don't mind? About investment banking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    12 days to go. (God that feels close.)

ReputationRep:
    12 days to GCSEs results day
    11 days to grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.