Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Go to shop and click on the little button top right hand corner. You can do it straight after claiming a gym, and then every 21 hours.

Sitting in a Starbucks on holiday in Poland in order to take over a gym is a perfectly normal thing... Right?
    Awesome, I got 10 coins :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I found a Krabby in the work toilets.

I was reluctant to catch it
    I've only been finding pigeots and their evolutions sadly a few rattata but that's it. However I haven't got it on my phone just my tablet so I've caught them all inside my house:lol:

I'd kill for a krabby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I've only been finding pigeots and their evolutions sadly a few rattata but that's it. However I haven't got it on my phone just my tablet so I've caught them all inside my house:lol:

I'd kill for a krabby.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 111
Size:  238.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 111
Size:  238.7 KB
    PRSOM :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    PRSOM :rofl:
    Poor little thing looks embarrassed :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo :woo: just got level 6 and I joined the blue team Even do my entire area is team l red

The strongest pokémon at one of the nearby gym is like 800 something cp :sad: the strongest I have is only at 135 cp

Don't know how I'm going to beat that :bawling:

Posted from OtherWorld

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a good summary/can someone explain? Sounds like Pokemon GO is very different to the original gameboy games.

ReputationRep:
    So i used to be competitive at this game. I had seven gyms at one point. Seven.

Now every gym in my area has at least at least one CP 1200, sometimes >CP1600, pokemon in them when my best is 890.

Well it was fun whilst it lasted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Anyone got a good summary/can someone explain? Sounds like Pokemon GO is very different to the original gameboy games.
    You basically run a slavery ring by capturing harmless Pokemon and feeding them powder and pills to make sure they do well in gym battles with other player slaves. And then you sell the useless ones to the professor for more pills and rob pokestops for free pokeballs and ****.

And by that I mean,
    You go out and find random Pokemon and throw balls at them (no fighting). Get free stuff from pokestops by spinning the sign cause you're that awesome. And you fight Pokemon in gyms by tapping the screen. The way you train and evolve Pokemon is by using dust and candy and you once again have eggs that you have to travel distances with to hatch

ReputationRep:
    I wish i'd chosen mystic now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I wish i'd chosen mystic now
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Not if you plan to evolve the Pokemon, at least, but then you'll probably catch a higher one as soon as you've levelled it up .

Just hit level 20 today, this is my current line up:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah, though I'm expecting that at my level I'm not going to be leveling up fast enough to encounter higher leveled pokemon than the few I maxed upon hitting level 17 - ironically at this stage I'm actually hoping to encounter tons of low CP pokemon so I can catch them easily with cheap pokeballs and transfer them in order to stockpile materials..!

Went to London today (not for pokemon) and came across a level 900 starmie! Needless to say I was pretty chuffed, it has a ground attack as well which should help add diversity

One thing I've heard is that naming your eevee's prior to evolving them will dictate what they evolve into... based on a trio of eeveelutions from the anime.. have you come across this / did you do it for your vaporeon? EDIT: confirmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    You basically run a slavery ring by capturing harmless Pokemon and feeding them powder and pills to make sure they do well in gym battles with other player slaves. And then you sell the useless ones to the professor for more pills and rob pokestops for free pokeballs and ****.

And by that I mean,
    You go out and find random Pokemon and throw balls at them (no fighting). Get free stuff from pokestops by spinning the sign cause you're that awesome. And you fight Pokemon in gyms by tapping the screen. The way you train and evolve Pokemon is by using dust and candy and you once again have eggs that you have to travel distances with to hatch
    Personally I like to imagine Prof. Willow as running a glue factory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I have very little idea wtf I am doing.

I am very amused by the fact that my workplace appears to be infested with rats and bugs :rofl:
    I went to Westminster today... and the area was infested with Drowzees :lol:

A clever political punt, perhaps :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Damn Kadabra are hard to catch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Haha yeah, though I'm expecting that at my level I'm not going to be leveling up fast enough to encounter higher leveled pokemon than the few I maxed upon hitting level 17 - ironically at this stage I'm actually hoping to encounter tons of low CP pokemon so I can catch them easily with cheap pokeballs and transfer them in order to stockpile materials..!

Went to London today (not for pokemon) and came across a level 900 starmie! Needless to say I was pretty chuffed, it has a ground attack as well which should help add diversity

One thing I've heard is that naming your eevee's prior to evolving them will dictate what they evolve into... based on a trio of eeveelutions from the anime.. have you come across this / did you do it for your vaporeon? EDIT: confirmed
    The Eevee trick is not 100% (I've seen a few videos of people fail it) but it does seem to have a high success rate. Managed a 1250 Flareon earlier from a 501 Eevee named Pyro.

Also hatched a 1400 Snorlax earlier from a 10km egg .

ReputationRep:
    The Eevee trick is not 100% (I've seen a few videos of people fail it) but it does seem to have a high success rate. Managed a 1250 Flareon earlier from a 501 Eevee named Pyro.

Meanwhile some of us are in the middle of nowhere happy to be hatching a 200 cubone from a 5k and to be catching a <200 kadabra :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Meanwhile some of us are in the middle of nowhere happy to be hatching a 200 cubone from a 5k and to be catching a <200 kadabra :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also live in the middle of nowhere, I just walk ~4km a day and I'm level 20 .

ReputationRep:

Ooo good one, do you know what your CP cap is at your level? I've maxed a Hypno and Starmie and they're 1072 and 1061 respectively, when I'm level 17

I have a 462 Bellsprout whose CP curve is practically maxed already, but I'll be damned if I can find any candies to evolve it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I found an eevee on my way home last night. Can anyone explain which of the three names would be the best choice?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.