Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Barclays Corporate Banking telephone interview invite, what to expect :/

ReputationRep:
    What stage is anyone at with Credit Suisse IB grad?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    Will having done an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Business Studies instead of complete A-Levels in order to get to a university such as UCL, Durham, Manchester or Nottingham for a Business and/or Management undergraduate degree negatively impact and disadvantage me much in applying for graduate jobs in the City, such as in investment banking and other financial services? I am greatly worried that this will ultimately be the case for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    m8 y u asking the same question tho.

No it will not harm you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why do you keep picking up on this question/theme I do indeed repeatedly write on posts like this one lol? I mean, what, I am worried. Being at a strong university is such a life changing leap forward from where I currently am in life, having stooped too low. Two years ago, before my life had become really too awry, I had offers from Manchester and Nottingham for Finance degrees while in a boy's private school. It's up to me to pick myself up to be at that eventual level if not at a greater level within education, and my choices this year shall overall be greater ones than last time, but the unfortunate thing for me is, logically, I wouldn't dare aim for degrees requiring AAA or A*AA or more at A-Level as an Access course can't be worth more than AAA if you gain 45 Distinctions in terms of what it's equivalent to in UCAS points. If I had access to new A-Levels I would possibly do Biology, Chemistry and Geography over two years. Hm, nothing stops me from self-studying studying for those qualifications over time if I can't go to a college/school to be taught them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because, ultimately, I have a duty to respond to the questions and it gets slightly annoying if they're the exact same ones that have been answered by multiple people before in other threads/posts you've made.

Believe me, I know all about your background already and that's why a think you need to stop worrying so much.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Goldman Sachs in relation to their application for the New Analyst program?

I applied almost a month ago and have not heard back. When I called them 2 days ago they said that applications are being processed and I should hear back from them within the next few days. However I was wondering if anyone has already heard back from them?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you keep picking up on this question/theme I do indeed repeatedly write on posts like this one lol? I mean, what, I am worried. Being at a strong university is such a life changing leap forward from where I currently am in life, having stooped too low. Two years ago, before my life had become really too awry, I had offers from Manchester and Nottingham for Finance degrees while in a boy's private school. It's up to me to pick myself up to be at that eventual level if not at a greater level within education, and my choices this year shall overall be greater ones than last time, but the unfortunate thing for me is, logically, I wouldn't dare aim for degrees requiring AAA or A*AA or more at A-Level as an Access course can't be worth more than AAA if you gain 45 Distinctions in terms of what it's equivalent to in UCAS points. If I had access to new A-Levels I would possibly do Biology, Chemistry and Geography over two years. Hm, nothing stops me from self-studying studying for those qualifications over time if I can't go to a college/school to be taught them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You went to a private school, which recommended you do a business diploma despite having good grades? Maybe you should sue them for your fees for giving such silly advice?

In all seriousness, you're never too old to have a fresh start, do all the necessary pre-requisite formulaic **** that seems to be needed to get into IB i.e target uni --> insight day, spring week, SA --> analyst. I only found this out after graduating and can't afford to do another degree unfortunately, but you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnight999)
    Has anyone heard back from Goldman Sachs in relation to their application for the New Analyst program?

I applied almost a month ago and have not heard back. When I called them 2 days ago they said that applications are being processed and I should hear back from them within the next few days. However I was wondering if anyone has already heard back from them?
    No... I have applied 2 months ago and my status is still "Application received".
    I know from previous applications that you hear from them a couple of days after the status becomes "Application under review".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    Barclays Corporate Banking telephone interview invite, what to expect :/
    Robotic, detailed questioning. Google Glasdoor and Indeed for interview q's.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from BAML yet? since the SJT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    interview, never heard back after that
    when did you apply and when was your interview? IBD? I applied and did the SJT on 26/10 and still havent heard back :/ most prob a rejection haha

ReputationRep:
    How long roughly should I be expecting to hear back after a final interview? If it's been more than 4 days should i just assume I've been unsuccessful? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeGee3)
    Has anyone heard from BAML yet? since the SJT
    First round/informal call for off-cycle and then was transferred to full-time. Never heard anything since and this was quite a while ago...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    First round/informal call for off-cycle and then was transferred to full-time. Never heard anything since and this was quite a while ago...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh did they say why they transferred you to FT? and when did you apply/ have first round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainandthunder)
    How long roughly should I be expecting to hear back after a final interview? If it's been more than 4 days should i just assume I've been unsuccessful? :/
    Varies by bank. Normally if you're getting an offer, you'll hear within 72 hours.

But in some cases it can take longer because:

- HR haven't been able to gather all the feedback from your interviewers or other candidates interviews
    - You've been put on hold
    - The feedback HR received is not sufficient to distinguish between candidates so they need to go back and ask for secondary feedback
    - Someone important is on holiday
    - An interviewer got called away into a client emergency
    - There are problems trying to sort out the contract and related logistics
    - HR are waiting to see if there is more head count
    - HR want to interview other candidates first

Last summer, I got an offer two weeks after my final round because a VP who interviewed me was called into a client situation and then went on holiday so HR never got his feedback.

If you haven't heard back, prepare for the worst but there is always hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeGee3)
    oh did they say why they transferred you to FT? and when did you apply/ have first round?
    The IBD Analyst who interviewed me thought the Off-Cycle was not the best option for me in my situation. And thought it would not fit well given I will have already graduated and have an offer for another industry. We agreed it was probably best if I was transferred because when I initially applied they weren't recruiting for FT.

It was ages ago - maybe even nearly a month ago now. I got invited to the call maybe a week or so after applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you log on is your application sayingapplicationreceived or under review?

ReputationRep:
    The IBD Analyst who interviewed me thought the Off-Cycle was not the best option for me in my situation. And thought it would not fit well given I will have already graduated and have an offer for another industry. We agreed it was probably best if I was transferred because when I initially applied they weren't recruiting for FT.

It was ages ago - maybe even nearly a month ago now. I got invited to the call maybe a week or so after applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah ok.... my status still says application received, idk if that still means they havent looked at it yet, but yh dont have high hopes for baml then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daveevad)
    When you log on is your application sayingapplicationreceived or under review?
    Last time I checked a couple of weeks ago it still said "Application Received" despite having what was basically a first round telephone interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, you didn't read my words correctly.
    My previous private school has obviously not recommended I do an Access to HE Diploma in Business Studies. It is my only option in order to get to the universities I want to go to. I am 19 years old and have incomplete A-Levels (only AS'. It's not easily accessible (affordable) for me to start again doing at a school new A-Levels I enjoy and am comfortable with over two years. I wish I could do that.
    Once at university, if I get into UCL, Durham, Manchester or Nottingham for Business/Management, I would pursue the steps one would take to get into the City. At the same time, in the back of my mind I would, if I am not for some reason in a terribly strong place to get into investment banking, want to continue within education. I would want to work in academia or research if not in high finance, and to be honest even if I were, say, an Economics undergraduate at LSE or Cambridge I would probably actually rather remain in education for longer than go into the world of work (investment banking). I've become way more enthusiastic for the point of all this, what gets you there, what leverages you, which is working hard on qualifications/in education. I don't want to leave education due to how I feel so anyway it's not a dominating concern in my head, doing the right things to get into investment banking.
    The dominating concern right now is getting into a great university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good plan. At least you're switched on at 19 about it all. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from UBS after completing the online tests?

I submitted my application for the Project Consulting and Business Intelligence (PCBI) graduate programme on the 22nd of September and completed the online tests on the 29th of September and I still haven't heard back from UBS.

I did get an email from UBS on the 30th of September saying

"We have received a high volume of applications for this position and apologise for any delay. Please don't panic if we are not in touch for a few weeks, your application will be reviewed soon by our recruiting team and we will contact you when a decision has been made regarding your next steps."

However, it has been 1.5 months (i.e. 6 weeks) since I completed the online test and I still haven't heard anything.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.