The Commons Bar Mk XIII - MHoC Chat Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's hilarious seeing all the Clintomanicacs sharing stories basically reading "Democrat says Bush voting Democrat" as proof Trump is going to lose.
    I struggle to imagine hardly anyone really being a maniacal supporter of Clinton, or much of a supporter at all really except to the extent that she isn't Donald Trump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    I struggle to imagine hardly anyone really being a maniacal supporter of Clinton, or much of a supporter at all really except to the extent that she isn't Donald Trump.
    Oh, you'd be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you'd be surprised.
    I just don't get how you can be in such passionate support of a candidate who has no consistent beliefs or ideologies except what she thinks people want to hear, it honestly baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    I just don't get how you can be in such passionate support of a candidate who has no consistent beliefs or ideologies except what she thinks people want to hear, it honestly baffles me.
    By being a braindead moron?

ReputationRep:
    By being a braindead moron?
    It seems so I'm not one of the Berniebros who wants to repeat 2000 by voting Green to enable a Republican, I'd vote for her if I was a yank in an at least vaguely competitive state, but it'd be a vote cast with a clothespeg on my nose.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn, farewell Labour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn, farewell Labour!
    If the reports are true that many former shadow cabinet ministers are willing to return, at least if we can agree a plan with the NEC to re-introduce some elected positions, that's a good step forward. I still don't expect to see Corbyn survive till 2020, but it's about being at least semi-functional while his leadership runs its course and setting the ground for his eventual replacement

ReputationRep:
    With Mockingjay part 2 now being on Netflix I really don't get why they didn't have the break after the shooting, when reading the books it seemed the most obvious place, and it's not even like they did that scene in a stupid way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Today, being the UN's international day of peace; I think we should remember,

Although peace in itself is wonderful, peace is not always the best option. And sometimes, we might need to disrupt the peace to gain liberty and justice, as sometimes disrupting the peace to get this is fundamentally necessary.

To quote Mrs Thatcher 'Everyone talked about peace as if that in itself were the sole aim. But peace is not enough without freedom and justice, and sometimes... it was necessary to sacrifice peace if freedom and justice were to prevail.'
    Peace on earth will likely never exist, few people are prepared to fight to create it.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine went to campaign for Hillary in Ohio. He's not a big fan, just that all the other candidates are so astoundingly terrible (including Stein), there's not really much other choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    A mate of mine went to campaign for Hillary in Ohio. He's not a big fan, just that all the other candidates are so astoundingly terrible (including Stein), there's not really much other choice.
    Which is the same sort of sentiment most Trump supporters have towards Trump

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow's Mirror's front page perfectly highlights the incompetence of the NHS, failure to prescribe a 34p a pill cancer treatment. If we suppose that it's a 20 tablet packet it shows the incompetence in at least one of at least two ways:
    1) They simply aren't business savvy, losing them money hand over fist, with the assumptions made and reasonable administrative costs the profit margin is in the region of 20% for those who have to pay for their prescriptions;
    and/or 2) the administrative costs are so high that even with all that margin to play with they still manage to lose money hand over fist.

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow's Mirror's front page perfectly highlights the incompetence of the NHS, failure to prescribe a 34p a pill cancer treatment. If we suppose that it's a 20 tablet packet it shows the incompetence in at least one of at least two ways:
    1) They simply aren't business savvy, losing them money hand over fist, with the assumptions made and reasonable administrative costs the profit margin is in the region of 20% for those who have to pay for their prescriptions;
    and/or 2) the administrative costs are so high that even with all that margin to play with they still manage to lose money hand over fist.
    Two many managers spoil the broth I dare say.

ReputationRep:
    Its a weird double standard, I'd love to clarify that story, surely the cancer drugs fund covers central funding for cancer treatment?

Admin agree, absolute nightmare, a decent IT upgrade would do wonders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37422613
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Implying people expect a government it system to work...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We just need to raise taxes more, the rich can pay for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanBowling33)
    Can and will are two very different words with two very different levels of significance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanBowling33)
    I think you missed the bit where it explained how its argued that by reducing the need for bone scans it saves money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Implying people expect a government it system to work...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much agree, Hunt is at least reviewing how to implement it, but with the spectacular failure of previous attempts I'm not optimistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.