Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    4 keepers injured ffs. Only arsenal :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann playing. So wrong and yet so right

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know what to say right about now... Looking at the line-up, I'd say that we have a solid chance of actually winning the league. Lehmann's starting, just watch how organized our defense is today!

ReputationRep:
    Lehman starting further reinforces why I feel Wenger should be leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Oh okay, that changes things completely. I agree that attitude is very important, but I'm only really unhappy with the attitude shown by some of our players - Bendtner (except on certain occaisons) and Denilson stand out. Chamakh has been accused of not caring, but I honestly think his is more an issue of fitness and adaptation to England than attitude (as is evidenced by his performances earlier on in the season). Arshavin would have been the likeliest culprit here, but I do think he's improved since the Barcelona game; he still doesn't defend as often as you'd like him to, and I'd drop him for Nasri/Walcott any day, but his attitude doesn't seem to be as bad as I initially thought.

I suppose the issue is most significant amongst the bench players - in the first team, we have Fabregas, RVP, Walcott, Sagna and now Wilshere who really seem to care. What I would like to believe is that this problem will be much reduced when our more promising youth and reserve players begin to push their way into the senior squad, a process that I hope starts from next season; the ones I hope will make it next season are JET for Bendtner (who I suspect will be sold), Frimpong/Eastmond for Denilson and Lansbury for Rosicky. Or course, there's no guarantee that this will solve things, but I would hope/like to believe that it will, and vaguely suspect that Wenger is thinking along these lines as well.
    Yeah, the attitudes of various players is just miles off players like Xavi, Puyol, Ferdinand, Rooney, and plenty others. There seems no winning desire or will to improve. Especially Denilson, as you said, doesn't seem to regret mistakes or show that he cares about what fans have been saying of him.

See, the problem with the bench players is that Wenger doesn't get the crap out. Rosicky, Denilson, and Diaby will, in all probability, still be here next season. No motivation, no skills suited for a team fighting on four fronts, and no leadership abilities in any player. I see Bendtner forcing his way out, but Wenger won't even be trying to stimulate his exit.

If the three said players go, and the youngsters that you mentioned step up like Wilshere has this season, then we may see silverware next season.

Edit: Oh goodness, Lehmann. Conceded two goals against Wigan Reserves, and now playing a must-win game in less than 2 weeks after that?

ReputationRep:
    Surely lehmann cant be any worse than Almunia? seems like the cocky/arrogant type... and almunia's the type whose confidence crumbles in the first 5 minutes.... might suit you better tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well if nothing else this match should be a good laugh. Why is there no match thread?

ReputationRep:
    Probably Blackpool will play into Arsenal's hands I expect a victory but Lehmann starting is beyond a joke.

ReputationRep:
    20/1 Odds on Arsenal's next signing to be David Seaman!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you guys are gonna have a comfortable victory today.

Even with Lehman in goal. The **** *******.

In Wengers defence when the options are him or Almunia there's no real winner.

I quite like Wengers transfer policy. The emphasis on youth is good and it's better than the opposite of buying everything that's relatively good (city) or spending ridiculous amounts of money on strikers that fall over (Chelsea).

I like to think Man united have a good middle ground. Players like Hernandez and Smalling are cheap and young.

Obviously I'm hoping that somehow Blackpool pull something out the bag but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1601810 - Match Thread

ReputationRep:
    **** :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    If Clichy does go then I think we should buy Coentrao, not Baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    If Clichy does go then I think we should buy Coentrao, not Baines.
    I sure hope we go for Coentrao even if Clichy stays.

ReputationRep:
    Good game, good result, good to see us finally manage to ride out a shaky period after conceding, shame it ever got to that stage though. Cesc was stunning at times, RvP looked a bit nervy but a goal and an assist can't really be complained about. Gives us a glimmer of hope... I wonder how long that'll last.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike Coentrao's hair.

Really wouldn't mind him though, should raid them for Maxi, too. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    3 points but far from convincing.In all honestly should have been about 10-1 much tougher games to come up for Arsenal just about kept the slim title hopes alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    3 points but far from convincing.In all honestly should have been about 10-1 much tougher games to come up for Arsenal just about kept the slim title hopes alive.
    Tbh even if we did win 10-1 you'd still be complaining.

ReputationRep:
    Today showed how much we rely on Cesc, when he's fit arsenal play a lot better. Good to see Diaby complete a full match and get a goal aswell :cool:
    At this point not even thinking about the title or ManU match just need to get some kind of confidence and good form going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Tbh even if we did win 10-1 you'd still be complaining.
    Tbh it was pure luck that Arsenal didn't concede another at 1-2.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.