The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paradoxicalme
Those are really good results :smile: Get a C or above with the maths resit and you'll be able to get into a decent uni no problem, as long as you get the grades at AS.

Thank you! I was really upset was I was predicted higher grades in applied and ICT and thought it would jepordise my uni places. :biggrin: :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
No individual photos yay!
Original post by alice_c_97
Thanks:smile: I was so upset yesterday and didn't even get to celebrate the fact I got an A in maths (truly a miracle!) I'm gonna prove them wrong!:biggrin: Jope you did well!

Hey alice! :biggrin: How'd your exams go?
Reply 8183
7A*s and 3As - SO happy!
Original post by usycool1
As Farhan96 said, you can't personally request for you coursework/controlled assessments to be remarked if they were originally marked by the teacher and then sent to the exam board for moderation. They can, however, be re-moderated at the discretion of your centre. It won't be just yours that will be re-moderated though, it will have to be the whole centre's marks.

That's really annoying. Does the clerical check not make sure that the right results for the coursework were submitted?
Reply 8185
so what is the world percentage of getting A* in First Language English?
Original post by y.arora
absolutely identical situation...which exam if u dont mind me asking?

Sorry for the late reply :colondollar: I did AQA Additional Science Higher Tier Biology the paper was BL3HP... I got a C :frown: I found my grade really weird since I kept achieving A*' sin my Mocks :confused:
Got an A in history - four marks off 90%. Is it worth getting a remark or is four marks a bit too much if a stretch?
Original post by ryanb97
Oh my ..... your grades are like ... :O lol well done!!

thanks you! I'm sure you did great too :smile:
Original post by alicesisi
Got an A in history - four marks off 90%. Is it worth getting a remark or is four marks a bit too much if a stretch?

You should. History is very easy to get more remark marks in than other subjects. And as long as you're not less than 10 marks (UMS) from decreasing a grade then go for it :biggrin: All the best of luck!
i got 1a* 2a's 6b's and 2c's, and i guess im satisfied with it, and i think their pretty average? but im still disappointed because compared to my friends who all got a's and a*'s i did crap. i only have myself to blame but idk, i feel like these grades will put me at a disadvantage :/
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm planning on retaking an exam next year but the problem is I wont be staying at my school sixth form,instead i'm going to a sixth form college!where will i retake my exam?!
Reply 8192
does anyone know the grade boundaries for AQA religious studies B unit 3 and 4. Its out of 200? I got 173 UMS and I got an A
(edited 10 years ago)
I posted yesterday, but should thought I should add this:

Out of 112 students in year 11 at my school, I was the only one to achieve an A* in English Literature.

As pleased as I am with 197/200 (180 for an A*) I am shocked at how the school has performed as a whole.

I ask, is this concerning (I think it is!) and roughly what proportion/how many achieved an A* in Lit at your school?
Original post by nkamy
does anyone know the grade boundaries for AQA religious studies B unit 3 and 4. Its out of 200? I got 173 UMS and I got an A

UMS boundaries are always the same. You need 90% for an A*, 80% for an A, 70% for a B etc. So in terms of UMS, you needed 180/200 for an A*.

You can find raw mark boundaries here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF
Original post by paradoxicalme
Hey alice! :biggrin: How'd your exams go?

Hello!:smile: Ok thanks, got 3A*'s and 7A's! you?
Reply 8196
Hi, my sister got 10 As which is good but annoying because all the UMS scores were in the 80s and 6 of the subjects were 87% or above. Is it worth getting a re-mark on all or any
Original post by alice_c_97
Hello!:smile: Ok thanks, got 3A*'s and 7A's! you?

Well done, those are fantastic! :biggrin: Somehow managed 9A*, no idea how though...keep thinking yesterday was a fever dream :tongue: You going to go do A levels then?
Reply 8198
Original post by ScotsLad
Hi, my sister got 10 As which is good but annoying because all the UMS scores were in the 80s and 6 of the subjects were 87% or above. Is it worth getting a re-mark on all or any

Yes some subjects may be worth a remark. I've been saying this a lot recently but I think its true that marks can go up fairly significantly with humanities such as English which are very subjectively marked.

I was in the same position with R.S last year and a remark really payed off :smile:. Hope I was of some help
Original post by The Room Student
I posted yesterday, but should thought I should add this:

Out of 112 students in year 11 at my school, I was the only one to achieve an A* in English Literature.

As pleased as I am with 197/200 (180 for an A*) I am shocked at how the school has performed as a whole.

I ask, is this concerning (I think it is!) and roughly what proportion/how many achieved an A* in Lit at your school?

We got 100% A*-B in Lit at our school, and quite a few A*. But we have a fantastic English department (I somehow managed full UMS which I would not have been able to do with a different teacher). Our problem subjects were English Language and History. I think only a couple of people got A* in history in our year of 100...

It would seem quite concerning, but Language is more important than Literature at GCSE to unis. Are we talking 'most people getting As and Bs' or 'most people getting Ds and Es'?

Latest