Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    That's not the point being made here. In this entire transfer window, you believe there was not a single player available who could improve our squad? AT ALL? You don't believe any players were available to increase squad depth? None? There's no point going into specific players as Wenger might have had different targets than the ones being reported by the media, but it's very clear that we've tried to be in the market and failed. I am still trying to be patient but the facts so far is that we've only signed Yaya Sanogo. If that is our only business this summer, it sends out a message that we're content just to be "near the top" rather than actually winning silverware. I'm aware of the need for patience - we have some excellent players and some players who will be brilliant in a few years, but fans have been patient for 8 years now. The truth is Wenger needs someone alongside him to help him out with transfers.

Oh, and £35m for Higuain may be overpriced but at the end of the day if you want to buy a class striker with an incredible goalscoring record who would improve your team, sometimes that's what you've got to do. We failed to do that, chased Suarez instead, and have failed to get him.

This isn't a case of being anti-Wenger or anti-Arsenal - two things I am definitely not - it's a case of being a concerned fan who doesn't want us to drop down in the pecking order when our financial capabilities are just left as untapped potential because of Wenger's failures this summer. You can argue that United and Chelsea haven't spent much but at the end of the day, they don't need to beause they are both in far stronger positions than we are. Out of all the top 4 teams, Arsenal's place looked the least secure last season and it's the same story this season. If Wenger thinks this same team can get 1st this season (87-90 points), then why did it only scrape 4th (73 points) last season? I get that players will have improved, but that's not going to result in us getting 15+ more points than last season.

I get you want to stick up for Arsenal, personally I just can't understand how anyone can be satisfied with a Ligue 2 signing and large sums of money sat in the bank which just screams "we're happy to be 4th". I thought this summer would finally be different, and there's only 16 days left to prove so.
    Lol I thought as welll, I still don't know how we let Higuain off like that especially basically he was already in our hands. That was monumental **** up tbh. I'd be lying right now if I said I want Wenger to sign a new contract.

ReputationRep:
    "We don't need Suarez, just sell him and reinvest in the squad" - Liverpool fans now, hopefully

Just going to clutch at straws transfer-wise for next two weeks instead of complaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    "We don't need Suarez, just sell him and reinvest in the squad" - Liverpool fans now, hopefully

Just going to clutch at straws transfer-wise for next two weeks instead of complaining
    We need Suarez and his goals, so no.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth didn't we take Anelka? Would've been great for quality depth. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    70 milly back in the piggybank I guess then lads.
    Should be a bit more than that by now, well over 100 mill by Christmas I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)

Doesn't matter what we, the fans, think, what matters is that Brendan Rodgers and John Henry have said that he's not going to be sold.

By all means clutch at straws, I thought you Arsenal fans did that all the time anyway. It's certainly my favourite thread on TSR as a result.

ReputationRep:
    COYG Let's do this

ReputationRep:
    Gonna go with Arsenal 2 - 1 Villa.

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope fort a good start to the season, I can't remember the last time we had one.

ReputationRep:
    Girroouddd

ReputationRep:
    quote the gawd

ReputationRep:
    rosicky is on fire!!! C'mon Girouuddd!

Rosicky is just :sogood:, he's proper on ittttt

ReputationRep:
    Giroud! perfectly timed run

ReputationRep:
    now thats what was needed - clam the nerves.. get Giroud feeling confident..

Brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Lovely goal. Great start to the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    quote the gawd
    LOL you were right

ReputationRep:
    Giroud 1-0 Get in!

ReputationRep:
    Penalty?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's really poor from Arsenal's defence, not Chesney's fault at all. He had two heavy touches and no one could tackle him ffs.

ReputationRep:
    advantage given, they miss.. then gives the penalty? - surely its 1 or the other..

Either way, 1-1..

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.