Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from St Peter's for Engineering Science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    All replies should have come at least a week in advance of the interview. If you've not received anything, I definitely suggest that you email your college (and CC the department) as soon as possible.
    Somebody on the thread said that rejections from their college for PPE (Exeter) come through by post. Would this be true for all colleges?

(Original post by JordiBorges)
    I applied for PPE at Oxford's Corpus Christi college, yet I still haven't heard anything back from them apropos the interviews. As the Oxford website states, I should receive an email (which confirms my acceptance or rejection for an interview) one week in advance; this will be tomorrow. Should I be worried? Is anyone else sharing similar concerns? And lastly, should I do anything in the mean time (e.g. contact the college)?
    I haven't got an rejection/interview email either. I will do what Plagioclase told me to do in the quoted post above and email/phone Wadham definitely by Monday. The Wadham page which details what decision emails have been sent out doesn't include PPE though - I'm guessing your college is in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordiBorges)
    I applied for PPE at Oxford's Corpus Christi college, yet I still haven't heard anything back from them apropos the interviews. As the Oxford website states, I should receive an email (which confirms my acceptance or rejection for an interview) one week in advance; this will be tomorrow. Should I be worried? Is anyone else sharing similar concerns? And lastly, should I do anything in the mean time (e.g. contact the college)?
    Candidate information page (http://www.ccc.ox.ac.uk/Candidate-News/) says that PPE candidates have been shortlisted by letter or email, maybe they sent you the letter?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Somebody on the thread said that rejections from their college for PPE (Exeter) come through by post. Would this be true for all colleges?
    No, I got mine via email (St Anne's). It will depend on the college. Keble also does letters as far as I know but I don't know about the other colleges.

(Original post by AC57)
      Ahh that's so cool I did Russian GCSE - you'll love it!
      I applied for French and Beginners' Portuguese at New College and got an interview from them!
      Good luck with everything! How are you preparing for the Russian side?
      Well done, and good luck with everything too! I am really excited to start the Russian! To prepare, I am familiarising myself with how the language works so that I have a general knowledge (case system, types of verbs etc). I'm also re-reading the books on my personal statement, looking at current events, etc. I'm not sure what else to do. What about you with the Portuguese?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by millieellen)
      Woohoo! I've been invited to Brasenose, hopefully see you around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Yeah! And good luck with all of your interviews!

ReputationRep:
      YAAAAAAAAY got an interview for Chemistry at Exeter!!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oxfordmist)
      Definitely this.
      I use it all the time - by far the easiest and most stress-free way of travelling to and from Heathrow into Oxford, especially after a trans-Atlantic flight!
      I wouldn't recommend using the Oxford tube from Heathrow, sure it's cheaper, but it often gets caught up in the hideous central London traffic, and can take forever, especially in rush hour - not fun. The airline bus is great, and the bus station in Oxford (where you get off) is very central, and no more than a 10 minute walk to most colleges, or a £5 cab journey, depending on how energetic you're feeling.
      Thank you. I will definitely use this.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PlaneovertheSea)
      Theres also the Oxford Tube. Its a bus service as well. They are much cheaper and have busses every 15 mins or so. But all of the stops are somewhere around the Marble Arch tube station so you would have to go into the city - which could be quite nice if you have the time and haven't been to London.
      Thanks, but I only have 4 hours between the time that my plane lands and when I am required to check in at Hertford.

ReputationRep:
      I applied to Trinity for PPE with IB predicted scores. 38 without core points. I think I did well on the TSA, I was getting high 60s-70s in the practice ones. I haven't heard anything from Trinity, but neither has anyone else I've talked to. I called today and they told me that the admissions office is closed on the weekends, so I should call back Monday morning if I haven't heard, which is what I plan on doing. If anyone needs the number it's +44 1865 279900. Has anyone from Trinity heard back for PPE?

ReputationRep:
      Rejected for E&M with 10A*s GCSE, 5 As AS level and 4A* predictions. Done all practise TSA papers with an average of above 70 scaled, worked through Thinking Skills by John Butterworth and Geoff Braithwaite, done 10 practise essays. Had to guess a few on the real TSA and wasted time deciding which question to do for the essay and so didn't finish. I question whether judging candidates on one exam out of the 30 or so they have taken previously, is the best way considering exa can just go bad on the day.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DanielKirrane)
      YAAAAAAAAY got an interview for Chemistry at Exeter!!!
      Did u just receive it?

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone else got an interview at Jesus?? I've got one for his pol )))

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PleaseSmile)
      Anyone heard from LMH about E&M ?????
      I phoned them. LMH has said that all decisions with regards to the Economics and Management will be released early next week. When pushed for a specific day, they hoped it would be sent out on Monday.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ZYCJASON)
      Did u just receive it?
      On Thursday

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by vossari)
      I applied to Trinity for PPE with IB predicted scores. 38 without core points. I think I did well on the TSA, I was getting high 60s-70s in the practice ones. I haven't heard anything from Trinity, but neither has anyone else I've talked to. I called today and they told me that the admissions office is closed on the weekends, so I should call back Monday morning if I haven't heard, which is what I plan on doing. If anyone needs the number it's +44 1865 279900. Has anyone from Trinity heard back for PPE?
      Well I applied for E&M at Trinity and haven't heard back as well. I guess they are slower than most colleges in giving out interviews

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mechanism)
      Really? I've looked at some of them and they're really quite difficult. I've just been cementing all my A level Bio/Chem knowledge and reading over PS-related things. I'm not even sure what's likely to be asked - Organic Chemistry or purely Biology? Or a mix of both? Prob. the latter. I'm trying not to over-prepare/cram information (as difficult as it is - it really feels like I'm prepping for an exam haha).

-Sorry, I just realised you're applying for Chemistry. I'm assuming we fall into similar categories and we'll both be asked lots of Organic Chem!
      From what I've seen I've realised we'd be unlikely to face a question based on our PS. They are not looking for the right answer or knowledge (so I'm not learning much extra stuff..) but your "academic potential" I guess.. so I'm trying to do questions that make me think

ReputationRep:
      for interviews, is it better to arrive on the night before to get settled in or to just arrive on the morning?
      (I've been invited 10th-12th December and I'm debating whether or not to come on the night of the 9th)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rêverie)
      for interviews, is it better to arrive on the night before to get settled in or to just arrive on the morning?
      (I've been invited 10th-12th December and I'm debating whether or not to come on the night of the 9th)
      It's better to arrive the night before by at least 6pm. This was the advice given to me by the college that has invited me because interviews can start at 9pm on the day you've been told they start (10th Dec). However, in your email/letter, it should tell you when to arrive. It is highly unlikely that the college will not let you stay the night before but it's usually specified!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rêverie)
      I'm arriving the night before- which is a Sunday night! I just think it will be nice to meet people and get a feel for the place😀

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.