Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Natasha_BBY
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shindu138)
oh noo, i applied to do sociology aswell, can i ask why you were put off?
heyy, i know i applied with so much hope for it, but when i went to visit it it was appalling, the buildings looked like business blocks, it was far too professional and felt more like a corporate block than a university like in comparison to UCL and KCL i was not happy with the lay out at all

It also felt really hostile and the people were just not friendly at all, the receptionists just left me waiting there ages when i was the only one there!
and the guide was just awful and snobbish, so i left really deflated and gutted as its reputation is amazing!

Also, when we were being showed around everyone just looked at us like we were retards whereas at KCL and UCL they came and talked to us and were really encouraging and helpful
so I guess what they say is true, it has NO community spirit, except for the ingroups, such a shame!
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Natasha_BBY)
heyy, i know i applied with so much hope for it, but when i went to visit it it was appalling, the buildings looked like business blocks, it was far too professional and felt more like a corporate block than a university like in comparison to UCL and KCL i was not happy with the lay out at all

It also felt really hostile and the people were just not friendly at all, the receptionists just left me waiting there ages when i was the only one there!
and the guide was just awful and snobbish, so i left really deflated and gutted as its reputation is amazing!

Also, when we were being showed around everyone just looked at us like we were retards whereas at KCL and UCL they came and talked to us and were really encouraging and helpful
so I guess what they say is true, it has NO community spirit, except for the ingroups, such a shame!
I would argue it's difficult to get an idea of what three years' experience would be like from just one visit....although I guess it might give you an impression of what the atmosphere's like.

I've visited twice and I thought it was wicked both times, but that's just my opinion I guess.
Natasha_BBY
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
I would argue it's difficult to get an idea of what three years' experience would be like from just one visit....although I guess it might give you an impression of what the atmosphere's like.

I've visited twice and I thought it was wicked both times, but that's just my opinion I guess.
but arguably if thats just a visit God knows what it would be like actually being there, the segregation and the silence errrr
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
but arguably if thats just a visit God knows what it would be like actually being there, the segregation and the silence errrr
Haha fair enough :tongue:

I just think, provided you make the effort to make friends and don't bury yourself in studying all the time, it will be alright. A couple of my friends are at LSE and they seem to be having a wicked time.
Mustang Sally
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ninety_nine)
Annoying isn't it, but then again we don't know it's been completely inactive - we don't make up a particulary representative sample of the social policy applicants!

Anyway, I just got back from viewing the University of Manchester, and I'm happy because it just looks amazing. Great nightlife, great course, great people etc..but I still have this petty thing where I think I'd far rather go to LSE! Perhaps I'm just a prestige-whore; fingers crossed for Friday guys!
lol, i know - just 3 people. oh well, time will soon tell (hopefully by the deadline)!
amar247
Report 9 years ago
can someone make a thread, on people who have been made offers, when they send application and all dat stuff. because in this thread you have to look for eveything, and any other thread they all go off the topic???? i would do it, but i have no idea how to
Natasha_BBY
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Haha fair enough :tongue:

I just think, provided you make the effort to make friends and don't bury yourself in studying all the time, it will be alright. A couple of my friends are at LSE and they seem to be having a wicked time.
well a couple of my friends go there and HATE it with a passion so i dno
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well a couple of my friends go there and HATE it with a passion so i dno
Meh, whatever pours your pint I guess.
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shindu138)
oh noo, i applied to do sociology aswell, can i ask why you were put off?
im in for sociology too!!! and social anthropology ...
and wating for over 4 months ...
anyway, i went to the lse open day and have to say i wasn't to impressed by the presentation from the sociology course too ...
but not toally put of or anthing and i would still go there for sure if they would give me an offer:tongue:
Natasha_BBY
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by VanillaLatte)
im in for sociology too!!! and social anthropology ...
and wating for over 4 months ...
anyway, i went to the lse open day and have to say i wasn't to impressed by the presentation from the sociology course too ...
but not toally put of or anthing and i would still go there for sure if they would give me an offer:tongue:
i no they really didn't sell it well, kind of made my mind up 4 me that it would be psychology somewhere else!
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i no they really didn't sell it well, kind of made my mind up 4 me that it would be psychology somewhere else!
sounds reasonable ... i def would prefer getting into social anthropology because that sounded really good the way they presented it...
ler21
Report 9 years ago
I'm also Sociology. Has anyone heard of many offers/rejections for it? From what I've followed along this thread there's not much activity. Then again there's only a few hundred applicants so I guess it's pretty hard to gather what's going on..
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey VanillaLatteIf, just so you know and if I recall correctly from last year's thread social anthropology started becoming (more) active around mid march, just like the social policy dept.
Ruhell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by QBC123)
I AGREE!! Must they make us suffer! Apparently gathered pile law applicants have been rejected so who knows maybe we will hear back on Friday!
:eek3:

Like who? How many? Source? When? :eek3: :eek3:
determined0716
Report 9 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am new to this but since you want some info of offers/rejections - my college mate got rejected this monday (23rd of February)for Accounts and Finances and I applied for Economics and Maths (rejected about two weeks ago) and waiting for decision for Economics..

I am not too sure I will get a place but of course would be great to since got two rejections from UCL (economics, economics and maths) so only LSE and SOAS remaining lol..

My AS grades are:
Law (A)
Business Studies (A)
Economics (A) - Continuing in A2 (predicted A)
Mathematics (A) - Continuing in A2 (predicted A)
Psychology (B) - Continuing in A2 (predicted A)

I didn't do GCSEs in this country so got others - high school scores from my native country..

Will let you know on rejections/offers(hopefully lol)

And yeah, LSE confirmed receiving my application on 10th of December.
dawgnut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^Good luck
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by determined0716)
Hey everyone,

I am new to this but since you want some info of offers/rejections - my college mate got rejected this monday (23rd of February)for Accounts and Finances and I applied for Economics and Maths (rejected about two weeks ago) and waiting for decision for Economics..

I am not too sure I will get a place but of course would be great to since got two rejections from UCL (economics, economics and maths) so only LSE and SOAS remaining lol..

My AS grades are:
Law (A)
Business Studies (A)
Economics (A) - Continuing in A2 (predicted A)
Mathematics (A) - Continuing in A2 (predicted A)
Psychology (B) - Continuing in A2 (predicted A)

I didn't do GCSEs in this country so got others - high school scores from my native country..

Will let you know on rejections/offers(hopefully lol)

And yeah, LSE confirmed receiving my application on 10th of December.
Good luck, someone on here got rejected for Maths and Economics but got an offer for straight Economics so you have a chance. I take it your PS was more Econ based than Econ and Maths based?
Ruhell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
El Mariachi, no offence, but why are you still here? You have your offer so bugger off.
QBC123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ruhell)
:eek3:

Like who? How many? Source? When? :eek3: :eek3:
The Gathered Pile thread shows one guy getting rejected, also another person on this thread I believe stated their friends who were gathered pile law applicants were rejected last week! If it is true then maybe we will hear back this week. Admittedly not very many were rejected if you use TSR as a sample! Sorry to freak you out my friend!
sjyip
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by QBC123)
The Gathered Pile thread shows one guy getting rejected, also another person on this thread I believe stated their friends who were gathered pile law applicants were rejected last week! If it is true then maybe we will hear back this week. Admittedly not very many were rejected if you use TSR as a sample! Sorry to freak you out my friend!
If TSR was the sample then we only knew of SAMBO! who got rejected, if i'm not mistaken.

Oh, and for the law applicants' info, I just knew of this information where two of my collegemates, 1 applied in december and the other in January (before the deadline) and they both got offers for law on LSE! One had an offer of AAA and the other AAB =S Best part of it was that they both recieved offers in late january....

Seems pretty weird to me in the sense that my friends who applied to LSE in december/January all go their offers/rejections pretty fast but for ppl like me (and several other pre-oxbridge applicants in my college) who applied pre-oxbridge deadline still have not heard from them.

Hmmm...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.51%
No (528)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise