Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Seahawks getting some of that home cooking. Bowman got robbed and no credit for an amazing play, stop showing the replay of it as well its pretty nasty.
    Yeah that replay is absolutely rank. His knee is going to be in serious bother. Can't help feel Seattle have ridden their luck a bit here. And now Kap completes on 4th... I am a touch scared!

And there came the BOOM! Love that play by Sherman... However, dubious interviewing skills there, can't fault the mans passion though.

ReputationRep:
    Now that is the time to get an interception, Seahawks in the Super Bowl, delighted

Broncos will win the SB I think, but still pleased to see my favourite team there.

ReputationRep:
    Just outplayed in every position, Talib going down just made it worse. Dirty wee Welker

Young team, loads to come back fron injury, plus the draft, think next year will be better.

Hoping for a Seahawks win, going to be a great game. See the Broncos really struggling against them.

ReputationRep:
    New to TSR, love American Football, so thought I would have a quick introduction here.

Been a fan for quite a while, am a Minnesota Vikings fan (due to American friends who got me into the sport). Managed to catch a game at the Dome last season, so glad I got to experience the atmosphere in there before it got knocked down. Also saw the Vikings at Wembly this season.

Had a few open trial training sessions with the Berkshire Renegades last season, but due to other commitments, couldn't commit to the team, even though they asked me to stay on

Didn't see the playoffs last night, but the Superbowl looks like it could be an interesting match

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    As a Cardinals fan I don't think I could care about this Super Bowl less. I can't stand either team. Blaugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    x
    Why though, he is the best corner in the game. The stats say so. He is literally a minute after the play, he's buzzing. He's not Peyton, he'll talk the talk and whilst he walks the walk then that just has to be accepted. It's not as if Crabtree wouldn't have been chirping if he'd have made the play. They're 2 people who don't like each other, it's a great subplot rivalry for the game to have!

ReputationRep:
    Sherman is one of those sportspeople you'd love to hate because he is a bit of a jerk but he's just too dam good, so you find yourself liking him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Sherman is one of those sportspeople you'd love to hate because he is a bit of a jerk but he's just too dam good, so you find yourself liking him.
    I don't know. I always liked the calmer players, who just keep their mouths shut and play ball. Hell, I liked Revis better and I ****ing hate the Jets.

ReputationRep:

Me when I woke up and saw that the 9ers lost after watching the pats lose earlier in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    x
    Should have watched it! It felt like my understanding of an old school football game, a heavyweight slugfest with no shortage of haymakers on both sides of the ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Should have watched it! It felt like my understanding of an old school football game, a heavyweight slugfest with no shortage of haymakers on both sides of the ball.
    Had to be up at 8 to get in the library lol. Bloody exams. Watched the highlights though. Looked a proper duel.

ReputationRep:
    The game was awesome. That clutch 51 yard pass after running around for 8 seconds from Wilson, and that 35 yard TD.... plus the 40 yard run and that interception...

With regards to Sherman, it's not something that I like to think I would have done, although I understand it (who doesn't get hyped during sports games - let alone ones as important as these!) He could have handled himself better but against someone that he doesn't like, in the most important game so far, vs. the 49ers, at home, he makes a clutch play to win the match - can you blame him for being hyped?! Crabtree would have done the exact same and he knows it, haha. And Sherman is the best cornerback right now tbh. He didn't swear or offend anyone other than Crabtree.

Ah well, hoping for a Seahawks win of course (another Sherman tip off to save from Welker or Thomas would be nice ) but the Broncos have been awesome this season so wouldn't mind losing to them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I've learned to appreciate Manning and thought that I wouldn't really mind who won, but then I checked my bet and I win £95 if the Hawks win, that would make me very very happy but I hope it doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the Superbowl. I could just win today's 1st goalscorer treble and then I wouldn't care banking £375. Manning really has turned me around though, even if he does make kids fat, I think classy is a much overused term in the NFL but Peyton truly is one of the greatest ever and he represents himself well 99% of the time. It should be a close game reagrdless, lets hope the old Defense wins Championships adage holds true.

ReputationRep:
    After seeing the Manning interview with Ron Burgundy and then seeing Sherman's post-game interview, I will go onto support the Broncos at the Super Bowl.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rooting for Manning but not the broncos hate their fans. Will root for the Seahawks because of Derrick Coleman .

ReputationRep:
    I want the Broncos to win because of Jack Del Rio.

ReputationRep:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...errick-coleman

Kids know how to put stuff into perspective sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...errick-coleman

Kids know how to put stuff into perspective sometimes.
    Seen the advert a couple weeks ago, was the reason I watched that last game, to see what all this NFL hype was about lol

I might just be nautural for the game, I don't know who to side with after reading this:

Seahawk team is full of players who exceeded the expectations of others.

Wilson of course is a notable example, how many teams are kicking themselves for passing on Wilson because he was "too short" to ever be an NFL quarterback. But Wilson was another one who never let himself be defined by what others said about him.

In fact, of the 53 players on the roster, 17 were undrafted. Not drafted late, not drafted last, but overlooked completely in the draft. And then another 30 were drafted 3rd round or lower (including Sherman) No surprise they play like they have something to prove.

As for Sherman - instead of his Stanford coach Harbough (now 49ers coach) trying to help Sherman through the draft process, Harbough made calls around the league bad mouthing Sherman. As a result, Sherman was drafted in the 5th round, the 23rd cornerback selected in the draft. Harbough cost Sherman millions as well as prestige, Sherman's chip on the shoulder is totally understandable.

ReputationRep:
    And SoundFX on Sherman just made Crabtree look like the unsporting one in that scenario. Sherman says 'hell of a game' and offers a handshake only to receive a hand to his facemask. No wonder Sherman got mad in the interview! Anyone that did that to me when I played 'soccer' as a kid I'd have gone absolutely mad with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.