Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jim-Jam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So many people voted for series 5... Not a chance in hell it's the best!

Thought Asylum of the Daleks was good, not fantastic but good.
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sheldor)
I don't want to sound dim here, but am I the only one that's still confused as to why the Doctor told Amy too "make them[the Daleks?] rememmber her"?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I thought it was maybe so that if she could get through to the Daleks in the asylum, they would realise she had been sent on a 'mission' with the Doctor and they may spare changing her. Now that I type that though, it seems silly.
Maybe it was so that if she could remind them of who she was, she wouldn't change so quickly. E.g. by sticking by who she is an attempting to make them remember, her personality etc would act as a way to lengthen the process of her becoming a human-dalek.
Mystic123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
But if you don't count the brief appearances, that'd take The Lodger/Closing Time out of the equation for Karen - she hardly appeared in those.

Certainly in the run as the actual companion Karen has had longer, but I think if you add in the number of bloody returns Rose made, it does get rather close.
I'd take out Closing Time certainly as she didn't even have any lines, but Karen had enough to do in The Lodger.

maybe I'm just clutching at straws because I hate the number of returns Rose made - she was annoying enough towards the end of her run as companion!
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mystic123)
I'd take out Closing Time certainly as she didn't even have any lines, but Karen had enough to do in The Lodger.

maybe I'm just clutching at straws because I hate the number of returns Rose made - she was annoying enough towards the end of her run as companion!
Aye, that was ridiculously irritating given she was supposed to be in a parallel universe. T'is why I was glad of the whole "she'll burn up if she remembers me" bit for Donna - there's no way they can get round that surely? Just leave the previous companions in the past.
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aye, that was ridiculously irritating given she was supposed to be in a parallel universe. T'is why I was glad of the whole "she'll burn up if she remembers me" bit for Donna - there's no way they can get round that surely? Just leave the previous companions in the past.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they managed to find a timey-wimey way to drag Donna back in It is Doctor Who after all. :rolleyes:
Isn't she going to be back for the 50th anniversary or has that not been confirmed?
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Henna x)
I wouldn't be too surprised if they managed to find a timey-wimey way to drag Donna back in It is Doctor Who after all. :rolleyes:
Isn't she going to be back for the 50th anniversary or has that not been confirmed?
Oh I hope not, they need to leave the companions in the past, move forward.
I don't know, there's all sorts of rumours flying around but I don't think they've actually confirmed anything yet.
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizolove)
Yes! He owns the fez and bow tie. (;
Bring back the fez! Bow ties are cool.
I love how they're the same person, but totally different. You know what I mean!
If he had tried to replicate David, it wouldn't have worked.
2014? Excellent! I know they all want to move on to other things e.g. David and his theatre acting, but Christopher left after 1 series didn't he?
Hehe He's soo cute with his bow tie and fez
Yup, I agree with you. They all have different approaches and it's brilliant to watch
Yes, Christopher did but I hope he makes an appearance for the 50th anniversary
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, there have been rumours about every past doctor and every past companion at some point - nothing has been confirmed except that Matt Smith will still be in it, though. I hope there are some returns (Tennant would be EPIC), but then again, everyone has past characters that they dislike or wouldn't want to see come back, so if they do bring characters back there are going to be some people who are disappointed.

All the surviving doctor actors in one show would be amazing :awesome: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith. The 8 Doctors.

*head explodes*
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh I hope not, they need to leave the companions in the past, move forward.
I don't know, there's all sorts of rumours flying around but I don't think they've actually confirmed anything yet.
Yes I see what your saying. So far they haven't brought any old companions in. New Doctor, new start, that's what I think they're aiming for. I doubt they are going to bring them back anyway, it all ended with Ten. Though I do want to see Captain Jack again
Oh right, I see. I would like to see every one back for night though, I think it could turn out to be amazing but that's just me.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
Yeah, there have been rumours about every past doctor and every past companion at some point - nothing has been confirmed except that Matt Smith will still be in it, though. I hope there are some returns (Tennant would be EPIC), but then again, everyone has past characters that they dislike or wouldn't want to see come back, so if they do bring characters back there are going to be some people who are disappointed.

All the surviving doctor actors in one show would be amazing :awesome: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith. The 8 Doctors.

*head explodes*
Spoilered because some might not want to know yet:
Spoiler:
Show

I wouldn't bet on that, from what Eccleston has said it doesn't look like he'll be coming back at all.

Edit:

Yes I see what your saying. So far they haven't brought any old companions in. New Doctor, new start, that's what I think they're aiming for. I doubt they are going to bring them back anyway, it all ended with Ten. Though I do want to see Captain Jack again
Oh right, I see. I would like to see every one back for night though, I think it could turn out to be amazing but that's just me.
aye - I think that was a good thing about the ending of The End of Time, it closed off all the loose ends with the old companions.
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

*head explodes*
It'd be like Doctor Who heaven for all us Who fans. Now there's something I'd really like to see. With excellent writing, it could go down in Who history
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hehe He's soo cute with his bow tie and fez
Yup, I agree with you. They all have different approaches and it's brilliant to watch
Yes, Christopher did but I hope he makes an appearance for the 50th anniversary
He needs to bring the fez back. :3
Yes. It'd be good to see him back.
Not sure what to think of Saturday's 'next time' clip. It'll be tough to beat Episode 1!
PoGo HoPz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What's everyone's favourite regeneration? Sylvester McCoy's regeneration into Paul McGann seemed quite unique! :eek:
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

I wouldn't bet on that, from what Eccleston has said it doesn't look like he'll be coming back at all.
Yeah I know it's incredibly unlikely - many of the older doctors look too aged to reprise their roles, and some have said that they don't want to return. I'm just having a fangasm moment over here, that's all :p:
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

I've read some recent articles that say Christopher might have had a change of heart because he no longer speaks negatively of his time at Doctor Who but rather warm and lovingly lol, I know it's not much to go on but those of us that really want to see him back are clinging on to the tiniest of hope
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I know it's incredibly unlikely - many of the older doctors look too aged to reprise their roles, and some have said that they don't want to return. I'm just having a fangasm moment over here, that's all :p:
I think they could get round the aging thing - they had Tennant aged quite far at the end of series 3. Just Tennant or Baker back would be :love: though.
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He needs to bring the fez back. :3
Yes. It'd be good to see him back.
Not sure what to think of Saturday's 'next time' clip. It'll be tough to beat Episode 1!
I know! Maybe it'll return in the 50th anniversary episode
Hmm, theres a lot going on, Rory's dad, Queen of Egypt, dinosaurs on a spaceship and Mr Filch :eek: looks interesting!
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know! Maybe it'll return in the 50th anniversary episode
Hmm, theres a lot going on, Rory's dad, Queen of Egypt, dinosaurs on a spaceship and Mr Filch :eek: looks interesting!
I wonder if Filch's cat will make an appearance.
Henna x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wonder if Filch's cat will make an appearance.
Haha, Mrs Norris has to be there Filch is nothing without his cat
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've read some recent articles that say Christopher might have had a change of heart because he no longer speaks negatively of his time at Doctor Who but rather warm and lovingly lol, I know it's not much to go on but those of us that really want to see him back are clinging on to the tiniest of hope
I'd hope so, Christopher really didn't get a decent run at being the Doctor but I did like him - perfect actor for the rebooting of the series.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise