Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Hey, I seem to remember you sat AQA Chemistry AS this year? What are your thoughts on the GBs?
    They're alright for CHEM2, not the highest I've seen but not the lowest I've seen either. I'm just praying for an A: despite all the help I gave everyone over in the AQA CHEM2 thread ages ago, I seem to have made a lot of silly mistakes and I know that
    Also I got a B (rubbish at practicals) in my ISA, I know it's not that bad but I'm just wondering how far it will pull my grade down *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Hahha I know. So nervous for by5
    Ah! A fellow WJEC biol student may I presume?

I'm with you buddy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ah so you'll know if you're into uni or not :eek:
    Indeed :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to change subject, just seen that the course I want to get into in Birmingham is up for clearing, is that a good or bad sign for me wanting to get in... Can't really tell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will track automatically update if you keep hitting refreshing or do you need to log out and back in to see any changes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleyhayley)
    Ah! A fellow WJEC biol student may I presume?

I'm with you buddy...
    hello fellow other WJEC biologist :hi:

BY5 was evil :unimpressed:

(Original post by Deziah)
    My maths teacher said that they have to mark answers correct if they can see the correct answer/method in your working, regardless of if there is any other working/answers - this is for edexcel. He's a really good and honest teacher so I'm praying that he is right, seen as I did it for a few of my questions in C1 and if they don't mark them right because I didn't cross my other working out then I will be screwed.
    Yeah did Edexce;, and my maths teacher also said it. However, the exam I did will not count as my school is changing examboard to MEI -.- ... DO MEI do the same ? In my opinion, this is another unfair advantage among candidates doing maths at different examboards.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    OCR grade boundaries?
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-...-june-2013.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    They're alright for CHEM2, not the highest I've seen but not the lowest I've seen either. I'm just praying for an A: despite all the help I gave everyone over in the AQA CHEM2 thread ages ago, I seem to have made a lot of silly mistakes and I know that
    Also I got a B in my ISA, I know it's not that bad but I'm just wondering how far it will pull my grade down *shrug*
    What do you think you got, roughly, on Chem 2? I thought boundaries for both Chem 1 & 2 were pretty fair; could have been better but could have been worse.

I know I've done a lot better on Chem 2 and I reckon Chem 1 and ISA are roughly on the A boundary so just praying all went to plan! Good luck!!

:parrot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matttchapmannn)
    Sorry to change subject, just seen that the course I want to get into in Birmingham is up for clearing, is that a good or bad sign for me wanting to get in... Can't really tell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It means nothing for you specifically.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! & A2's i hope you get into your chosen uni :o:D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What time are people setting alarms for tomorrow morning? I'd quite like to wake up and be able to check Track straight away but then I'm tempted to set it for 7 for no good reason :/

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the edexcel C4 paper, I think I roughly got 67/68 and at the worst 66. Now I've seen the grade boundaries and I know that 68 is 90 UMS but I need 88 for an A*. Do you think 66 will be enough or will it be higher?

Thanks guys 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If yesterday night is anything to go by, people on here give the wrong times out I doubt Track will open before 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an a level student I'm a GCSE student in year 10 and I'm new.. I'm thinking about taking a level chemistry now but I'm in year 10 plz can someone explain a level chemistry a level a little bit to me please! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths_geek)
    I'm not an a level student I'm a GCSE student in year 10 and I'm new.. I'm thinking about taking a level chemistry now but I'm in year 10 plz can someone explain a level chemistry a level a little bit to me please! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. You're in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_green_day)
    Yeah that'll be great, best not to think about it! You doing anything to celebrate?
    Probably won't really get to do much after I get my results because I'm going away with my family for a week :/ what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel really sick now just thinking about tomorrow. I've never had nerves like this before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    What do you think you got, roughly, on Chem 2? I thought boundaries for both Chem 1 & 2 were pretty fair; could have been better but could have been worse.

I know I've done a lot better on Chem 2 and I reckon Chem 1 and ISA are roughly on the A boundary so just praying all went to plan! Good luck!!

:parrot:
    Well I revised a hell of a lot more for CHEM2 than I did for CHEM1 so I hoping to do better this time... I liked CHEM2 more too so if I don't do well I'm going to screw :')
    Hell, I'd probably be happy with a high B overall at the moment, I just don't want anything less seeing as Chemistry's the subject I'm hoping to do at uni next year
    Good luck for you too!
    P.S. I know it's probably a stupid question but what are all these parrots I'm seeing? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    hello fellow other WJEC biologist :hi:

BY5 was evil :unimpressed:
    More WJEC Bio buddies...I swear no one takes our exam. I'm so worried because I never understand their marking, it's like they just make it up as they go along :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.