Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The other 10% is minority shareholders. The share scheme we ran earlier etc I'd imagine is probably the main part of that. Hillwood has 1% about I think too?

Usmanov will have relatively little share compared to Stan and he won't be on the board and will have no chance to take control. He'll make a profit if he sells and there's little/no reason for him to stay right now.

ReputationRep:
    Good blog on Kroenke from the Swiss Ramble.

ReputationRep:
    No problems with Kroenke taking over.

He's adopted a laissez-faire approach to ownership in the past, and assuming he does the same again there should be no issue.

That said, I don't think he will have a hugely significant effect, since even if he does inject money into the club and into Arsene's coffers, Arsene will never use it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If they got rid of Arsene, bought a new manager, signed six new players and won two trophies a season, would you love Arsenal as much as you do now?

Entirely different team, entirely different club, entirely different philosophy. I'd feel a bit lost. I don't think Arsenal can become Man City or Chelsea without losing something of what it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triple_H)
    If they got rid of Arsene, bought a new manager, signed six new players and won two trophies a season, would you love Arsenal as much as you do now?

Entirely different team, entirely different club, entirely different philosophy. I'd feel a bit lost. I don't think Arsenal can become Man City or Chelsea without losing something of what it is.
    Arsenal has already lost most of what it was, but change is inevitable.

Very few of the players at the club today have the work ethic and passion to earn my respect, whereas 6 years ago those players were in the rare minority.

Talent has diminished, with a few exceptions, but the team is only as strong as it's weakest links. The team isn't half as classy or motivated as it had been for decades.

And I still don't like the Emirates.......

I feel distraught. I'm not sure what I'd do if this goes ahead.

ReputationRep:
      Stan Kroenke set to launch take-over bid.

ReputationRep:
      The statement to the stock exchange said: "The offer will not be funded by way of any debt finance (banks loans, payment in kind loans or other debt or quasi-debt interest bearing obligations) for which the payment of interest on, repayment of or security for any liability (contingent or otherwise) will depend on the business of Arsenal."

ReputationRep:
      Let's hope he's got better since this...

http://vids.wwe.com/5962/raw-mr-mcma...nfronts-e-stan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE4hNZ4RRQk

ReputationRep:
      Current board remaining in place.

Will there be more funds for transfers?

It is KSE’s intention that the business will continue to be run along existing self-sustaining lines.
      Well

Link

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 419)
      Ffs when's the PL or FA going to do something to stop football clubs from being rich folks play thing.
      Or more alarmingly the influx of American owners.

ReputationRep:
      Don't think all that much will change under Kroenke, as has been said he's a silent owner, willing to support outlays where necessary but also delegate to people he trusts. The pressure on Wenger is unlikely to change either so long as Gazidis backs Wenger.
      Not sure what the rumours about Dein's return to the club are coming from, it seems unlikely to me. Not as long as Peter Hill-Wood remains at the club anyway. Dein burnt his bridges when he endorsed Usmanov and sold his shares to him really. Shame, because I don't think we've won a trophy since he left.

ReputationRep:
      Robert Peston tweets:

Usmanov is in no mood to sell his Arsenal stake to Kroenke, says ally. He is livid, feels AFC stitched him up.
      I think that's the worst option. Having Stan with enough to be in charge but not enough to make structural changes and be complete owner leaves us in no mans land. Things could get ugly off the field here =/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Psychotic546)
      Robert Peston tweets:

I think that's the worst option. Having Stan with enough to be in charge but not enough to make structural changes and be complete owner leaves us in no mans land. Things could get ugly off the field here =/
      Don't even see what Usmanov has to gain by sticking around. The chance that he'll own Arsenal are beyond slim, and have been for a while and he's not magically going to get a seat on the board. At the suggested share price he'd make a tidy profit on his investment too. I suppose he's holding out for a better price but I don't think Kroenke would be in any hurry to hoover up the remaining stakes in the club having made the key breakthrough.

ReputationRep:
      As far as we can see so far, the definite positive of this is that Jabba's out of the picture in terms of his hypothetical takeover. Sounds like he's in a huff, but Kroenke's made the key investment anyway (Fiszman and Bracewell-Smith). There isn't much in it for him any more. Kroenke's well aware of fan hostility towards Jabba so a boardroom seat is out of the question either way.

If he doesn't want to sell, fine, it's small change to him after all.

Danny Fiszman is gravely ill sadly. This move with Kroenke was most probably always in the pipeline. With that and Kroenke's background considered, it doesn't look like much will change for now. Recruiting the likes of Gazidis and Tom Fox were building towards this - MLS influence.

I've heard the Dein rumours too - very unlikely, at least for now. Hill-Wood's still there after all.

ReputationRep:
      According to Arsenal, Kroenke is fully supportive of Wenger and Peter Hillwood will remain as chairman. He also wants to keep the club's current financial plan of long term sustainability.
      This is good news as far as I'm concerned. The less changes, the better. As long as Wenger is given a reasonable amount of money to make changes in the summer and isn't pestered by the board I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by voodoomagic)
      Don't even see what Usmanov has to gain by sticking around. The chance that he'll own Arsenal are beyond slim, and have been for a while and he's not magically going to get a seat on the board. At the suggested share price he'd make a tidy profit on his investment too. I suppose he's holding out for a better price but I don't think Kroenke would be in any hurry to hoover up the remaining stakes in the club having made the key breakthrough.
      He definitely won't get a seat on the board and he'll have no say in how the club is run but frankly his shares are £300m out of £17 billion. It makes no difference to him and if he feels wrongly done he can make life difficult. Add to that the many sources that say he's a unsavoury character well...

I doubt he'll get a better price if he waits either. This values the club at £750 million (I think) more than double 6 years ago.

If the deal goes through we can expect a big change in the commercial revenue in the short time I think. Reportedly he's already planning to buy out the shirt sponsor deal which is very undervalued atm.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Psychotic546)
      If the deal goes through we can expect a big change in the commercial revenue in the short time I think. Reportedly he's already planning to buy out the shirt sponsor deal which is very undervalued atm.
      That'd be a pretty big step, on the commercial side. We're losing out big style there. Do we know if that's viable though? Can imagine it'd be very costly...

Tbh I would've thought Gazidis or the other US commercial guys would've/should've been on that by now.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JoleonLescott)
      That'd be a pretty big step, on the commercial side. We're losing out big style there. Do we know if that's viable though? Can imagine it'd be very costly...

Tbh I would've thought Gazidis or the other US commercial guys would've/should've been on that by now.
      . The contract is £5.5 million a year up to end of 2013/14 season. United get £20 million a year. Even if we have to pay early termination fees they won't amount to that. I doubt he would do it unless he had a deal worthwhile waiting in the wings.

Well they didn't have the control to buy out a sponsor until now did they?

If you want to believe Goal.com :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      I actually find it a bit weird that people are being put off by Kroenke coming in. That too just because he's American. He's apparently the type that does nothing with what he owns apart from improving their chances of silverware, with Colorado in the MLS and Denver in the NBA.

One was suggesting earlier (sorry, cba to quote, it's a few pages back) that even if we get new, star players in, replacing what we have today, and then start winning the trophies, that it would feel weird if we win trophies with a completely different line-up. Wtf? Compare our line-up in the FA Cup final in 2005 to what we have now. Major difference been made already.

But yes, I'd rather see us win trophies with only a few more investments (along with sawing the deadwood out from the squad) than winning trophies with a star-studded lineup that we had to pay millions for, case in point Man City and Real Madrid.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.