Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.tariah)
    oh okay

LOL of course hes in my sociology class! He's soo... peculiar.

ew wheres N1 lol
    Some people never change :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Some people never change :lol:
    LOL hes so weird, one day, i went under the table to pick up a pen and he started calling my name and meowing at me.. WTH looool

ReputationRep:
    theres 7, so you met 3 or 4?
    Yeah, 4, however I have mitigating circumstances so I hope I might get considered on that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_slatch)
    Yeah, 4, however I have mitigating circumstances so I hope I might get considered on that too.
    well i only meet three. do you think its worth it?

ReputationRep:
    well i only meet three. do you think its worth it?
    Yeah, go for it. Sutton Trust you don't need a personal statement, it's literally just filling in forms online and getting a teacher to do their confirmation bit, takes 15 minutes max. and it's free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, go for it. Sutton Trust you don't need a personal statement, it's literally just filling in forms online and getting a teacher to do their confirmation bit, takes 15 minutes max. and it's free
    okay well, i'll do it monday, so i can have all my grades right here and stuff

ReputationRep:
    LOL hes so weird, one day, i went under the table to pick up a pen and he started calling my name and meowing at me.. WTH looool
    Yeah he's kinda eccentric, but he's a good guy at heart... Feel bad for him because he used to get picked on a lot .
    Like whenever he would approach a group of people they would tell him to go away and avoid him in general. Well the guys mostly, the girls weren't as harsh.
    Don't tell him I'm telling you this though

ReputationRep:
    okay well, i'll do it monday, so i can have all my grades right here and stuff
    awesome, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    You guys applying too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    You guys applying too?
    Yep! Maths, you?

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Maths, you?
    Maths as well! :five: To be honest, I only really qualify because my school isn't a private school (perks of Northern Irish education system), but heck I figure I've nothing to lose. I reckon I've more chance of getting in to the UNIQ one, but I'll apply to both and see what the craic is after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcastic-sal)
    Anyone applying for the Oxford UNIQ summer schools?
    Yes! How is the application business going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    I've also applied to the taster days. One at LSE (international relations/history) & one at SOAS (development/international relations).
    Ohh great! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys going to the SOAS one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths as well! :five: To be honest, I only really qualify because my school isn't a private school (perks of Northern Irish education system), but heck I figure I've nothing to lose. I reckon I've more chance of getting in to the UNIQ one, but I'll apply to both and see what the craic is after?
    YAY! Where are you applying for Maths? Same with the UNIQ, done my personal statement for that but not applied yet.

ReputationRep:
    YAY! Where are you applying for Maths? Same with the UNIQ, done my personal statement for that but not applied yet.
    Cambridge, I don't really want to see any of the other universities. I haven't written my personal statement yet. What sort of stuff have you put on it?

I take it you're studying Maths/ Further Maths for A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for PPE at UNIQ

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, I don't really want to see any of the other universities. I haven't written my personal statement yet. What sort of stuff have you put on it?

I take it you're studying Maths/ Further Maths for A-Level?
    Ah I'm going for Imperial, can't make the Cambridge dates I've just put about why I want to do maths, why I want to do a summer school, and why they should pick me- i.e. skills and ECAs that set me apart (all relevant though) Yep, I'm doing both! (D1, FP1 and M1 for FM, with C1,C2 and S1 for maths) Are you doing FM?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm going for Imperial, can't make the Cambridge dates I've just put about why I want to do maths, why I want to do a summer school, and why they should pick me- i.e. skills and ECAs that set me apart (all relevant though) Yep, I'm doing both! (D1, FP1 and M1 for FM, with C1,C2 and S1 for maths) Are you doing FM?
    University in London isn't really something I'm considering, and I really want to see Cambridge!
    Oh cool, thanks! I've written out a list of things that I could stick on it.
    Yep I am, have to teach myself a couple of modules this and next year though (M2 and S2 in class, self-teaching D1) and then C1/C2, M1 and S1 for normal Maths.

ReputationRep:
    University in London isn't really something I'm considering, and I really want to see Cambridge!
    Oh cool, thanks! I've written out a list of things that I could stick on it.
    Yep I am, have to teach myself a couple of modules this and next year though (M2 and S2 in class, self-teaching D1) and then C1/C2, M1 and S1 for normal Maths.
    Ahh cool, where else are you thinking of applying? You'll be okay self-teaching D1, it's pretty straight-forward so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    X
    Hi, I've been lurking on TSR for years but finally decided to make an account.

I'm doing ASs in English Literature (WJEC), French (Edexcel), History and Classical Greek (both OCR)

Thanks for putting it on, it must take so much time putting everyone's name on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.