Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    He only came on as a sub, let's only judge once he gets a full 90 minutes.

(...that said, Ozil impressed at Madrid only because he got substituted as much as possible)
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck looking desperate to prove himself. Practice for Rosicky, Chambers, Ox, Wilshere and Podolski. Looking good.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Since Dat Guy is cup tied for the Cap One cup do you think Wenger will go for Sanogo, Campbell or Akpom up front?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sanogo or Podolski, Wenger seems to hate Campbell for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    He only came on as a sub, let's only judge once he gets a full 90 minutes.

(...that said, Ozil impressed at Madrid only because he got substituted as much as possible)
    Yeah Ozil is a fader.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...653163&page=27

Will we be stuck with two Sanogos?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I've met Ali Al-Habsi before, lmao he thought I was going to ask for a autograph :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:

Don't slate him lol! Ali Al-Habsi was my guy, would purely watch Wigan just cos of him. I mean, look at his name! I could say it over and over again.

(Original post by Arkasia)
    Everyone, but mainly Cavani/Reus, a CDM like Schneiderlin and a decent CB, perhaps Nastasic.
    I bet Wenger would just read your post and go "lol no".

ReputationRep:
    do you think the comparisons between welbeck and adebayor(arsenal days) are warranted in the sense that at they are both similar players?

http://gunnerblog.com/2014/09/03/why...nuel-adebayor/

ReputationRep:
    Also where do you think wilshere should play in the team? Do you think he could take over Arteta's role as a DLP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...653163&page=27

Will we be stuck with two Sanogos?
    LOOOOOOOOOOL at 419's post that guy must be feeling hard done by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    LOOOOOOOOOOL at 419's post that guy must be feeling hard done by.
    scroll to the next page and see me pwn the arsenal thread lololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    Also where do you think wilshere should play in the team? Do you think he could take over Arteta's role as a DLP?
    Nowhere near disciplined enough, probably doesn't have the reading of the game either, and isn't the best use of his talents
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    :rofl:

Don't slate him lol! Ali Al-Habsi was my guy, would purely watch Wigan just cos of him. I mean, look at his name! I could say it over and over again.

I bet Wenger would just read your post and go "lol no".
    I imagine 'Sacre bleu, what is this English idiot thinking, we are not made of money!' before proceeding to laugh in a French way.

ReputationRep:
    In a 4141 or 433 but if Wenger decides to go back to 4231 then he won't have a place in our best 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    In a 4141 or 433 but if Wenger decides to go back to 4231 then he won't have a place in our best 11.
    I don't think Wenger will play 4-3-3 if Ozil is in the starting XI. It seems like we're gearing up to play 4-2-3-1 against the big boys, and 4-1-4-1 against the lesser teams; which is cool but it requires Wilshere to prove that he is capable of protecting the back four to a high standard on a consistent basis - should've cloned him after Barca '11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I don't think Wenger will play 4-3-3 if Ozil is in the starting XI. It seems like we're gearing up to play 4-2-3-1 against the big boys, and 4-1-4-1 against the lesser teams; which is cool but it requires Wilshere to prove that he is capable of protecting the back four to a high standard on a consistent basis - should've cloned him after Barca '11.
    Tbh in a 4-1-4-1 I'd have more confidence in Ramsey's defensive abilities. Reckon wilshere would do much better partnered with a proper DM as his physique just isn't suited to that role - he doesn't have the legs of Ramsey, and cos he's short, he's more likely to get injured over-stretching or giving a bad foul when tackling. Still though, he needs an injury-free run in the team and I think he'll come good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Tbh in a 4-1-4-1 I'd have more confidence in Ramsey's defensive abilities. Reckon wilshere would do much better partnered with a proper DM as his physique just isn't suited to that role - he doesn't have the legs of Ramsey, and cos he's short, he's more likely to get injured over-stretching or giving a bad foul when tackling. Still though, he needs an injury-free run in the team and I think he'll come good.
    Ramsey would do a better job defensively than Wilshere, I agree, however, he'd benefit the team more in an attacking role. I suppose you can always look at it from another angle: he'd make more runs as a sitting midfielder because he wouldn't be marked.

Where's Diaby when you need him?

Diaby
    Ramsey Ozil
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I imagine 'Sacre bleu, what is this English idiot thinking, we are not made of money!' before proceeding to laugh in a French way.
    Haha! Laughed a bit too much at that.

ReputationRep:
    do you think the comparisons between welbeck and adebayor(arsenal days) are warranted in the sense that at they are both similar players?

http://gunnerblog.com/2014/09/03/why...nuel-adebayor/
    The only thing similar between them is that they are both black strikers.

ReputationRep:
    Love this:

https://twitter.com/VintageFooty/sta...721984/photo/1

ReputationRep:

i just cant

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.