This discussion is closed.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
What about biology? That seemed to be the most popular option for the science subject at my school.
I can confirm that as a Biology A-Level student who is naturally better at humanities, sciences should be avoided at all cost if you're not good at them! It's going to be the thing that stops me from getting into my first choice uni
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
I can confirm that as a Biology A-Level student who is naturally better at humanities, sciences should be avoided at all cost if you're not good at them! It's going to be the thing that stops me from getting into my first choice uni
Aw, I am sorry to hear that. I think I am lucky. I didn't have a clue what I wanted to study at university when I had to pick my subjects, so I went with languages and maths, biology and chemistry - I figured I had a wide range of options that way. But whilst physics baffled me, and I just about scraped a C at GCSE level, I was pretty good at the other sciences. And now I am studying the humanities at university.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw, I am sorry to hear that. I think I am lucky. I didn't have a clue what I wanted to study at university when I had to pick my subjects, so I went with languages and maths, biology and chemistry - I figured I had a wide range of options that way. But whilst physics baffled me, and I just about scraped a C at GCSE level, I was pretty good at the other sciences. And now I am studying the humanities at university.
Ah, its alright; what will be will be. That is quite lucky! You got through with it in the end then
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah, its alright; what will be will be. That is quite lucky! You got through with it in the end then
Is it just a bad feeling you have? You may well have done better than you think!

Well, most of what I studied at A-level is pretty useless to me now. I would have made some different choices in hindsight.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it just a bad feeling you have? You may well have done better than you think!

Well, most of what I studied at A-level is pretty useless to me now. I would have made some different choices in hindsight.
Well I yet have two more papers to go, and if they're anything like the last I may as well start planning my mandatory gap year now.

Ahh, well even so, it got you where you are, and no knowledge is truly useless
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I yet have two more papers to go, and if they're anything like the last I may as well start planning my mandatory gap year now.

Ahh, well even so, it got you where you are, and no knowledge is truly useless
Don't give up yet! Some papers will be more difficult than others.

And true. Knowledge seems to slip away, though. I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation in French or German now.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
My closes IB school is an hour away
Are you ****ting me? I had to go 2 hours from where I was to go to college and you complain of an hour?!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't give up yet! Some papers will be more difficult than others.

And true. Knowledge seems to slip away, though. I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation in French or German now.
I won't, I won't; just the anticipation of it is unbearable!

That is quite true, although I'm sure you'd be surprised how quickly it would come back to you if ti was demanded
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Ensure that you have a proper contract and that they're not ****. Startups are the worst to work with IMO.
I just had the best day of my life today, we're going to the pub for a comedy night tomorrow. I have the best boss in the world.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you ****ting me? I had to go 2 hours from where I was to go to college and you complain of an hour?!
You had to or wanted to?
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
One of my favourites by Bragg, he's just so brilliant!
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about biology? That seemed to be the most popular option for the science subject at my school.
Oh no...some of my friends do it and it looks awful.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

DaveSmith99 Probably my favourite song in the world
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)

DaveSmith99 Probably my favourite song in the world
Another great. For all the love in the world I have for Billy though, there can be no greater protest songwriter, or songwriter in general than Dylan.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
You had to or wanted to?
I said had... So I meant wanted, didn't I? Did you take Key Stage English or not?
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
Another great. For all the love in the world I have for Billy though, there can be no greater protest songwriter, or songwriter in general than Dylan.
I Feel they're on par with each other, but I still prefer a bit of Bragg.
St. Brynjar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My sixth form offered the IB, but not with the right subjects annoyingly. Real shame, everyone I know who took it found it really challenging but so rewarding.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
I only have 1 A level, I feel like Ralph Wiggum compared to you lot. :dunce: I miss school, I wish I could go back and do it again.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I said had... So I meant wanted, didn't I? Did you take Key Stage English or not?
Key stage what? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?
And surely there were closer schools... It was just 2 hours to the best one.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PRSOM
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (53)
67.95%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
20.51%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.54%

Watched Threads