The Insomniacs Society Watch

emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bex W)
Hello all! Been suffering from insomnia forever, part of my PTSD.

Took me about three hours to get to sleep last night. Just woke up to go for a wee, which I can usually manage to get back to sleep after if I don't turn any lights on, but use a dim torch. But as soon as I got up, the cat demanded to be fed, I had to go downstairs to get cat food, the other two cats wanted food too, the dogs wanted to be let out... so now I've had all the lights on and am wide awake.

Cat, I love you, but I love you more in the daytime. Night time is for snuggles, not yowling.
no wonder you have problems sleeping. sounds like you're spending most of your time taking care of animals.they are joy but they are demanding.can you imagine how difficult it would be with a house load of pets and children.
Bex W
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emobambam)
no wonder you have problems sleeping. sounds like you're spending most of your time taking care of animals.they are joy but they are demanding.can you imagine how difficult it would be with a house load of pets and children.
Thanks Sorry I didn't reply, didn't come up in the box on my laptop browser and I've only just spotted this here.

I'm away from the animals now, moved into Halls, and that's made things a bit easier. Tonight I'm having one of those 'nothing worrying me, just my brain refusing to sleep' nights. Wondering whether I should even bother trying to get back to sleep at this point or just write it off as a bad night, load up on coffee and start doing daytime stuff...
emobambam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bex W)
Thanks Sorry I didn't reply, didn't come up in the box on my laptop browser and I've only just spotted this here.

I'm away from the animals now, moved into Halls, and that's made things a bit easier. Tonight I'm having one of those 'nothing worrying me, just my brain refusing to sleep' nights. Wondering whether I should even bother trying to get back to sleep at this point or just write it off as a bad night, load up on coffee and start doing daytime stuff...
I thought you forgot all about me.I've had so many nights like that.that feeling is so horrible.I got my ambien 4 days ago so I'm happy.
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by secretmessages)
:puppyeyes:

Edit: Naww you deleted it
:teeth:
secretmessages
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rafa)
:teeth:
:creep:
Rafa
Report 4 years ago
:creep:
Long time! How is you?! This place has died :teeth:
secretmessages
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rafa)
Long time! How is you?! This place has died :teeth:
I'm good Gosh yeah, I became a mod, a staff member, and moved on, all in the time this thread has existed

How are you?
Rafa
Report 4 years ago
I'm good Gosh yeah, I became a mod, a staff member, and moved on, all in the time this thread has existed

How are you?
Haha, the TSR life. This thread will always live on, and the Insomniac Soc will never die! :cool:

I'm good, just settling back into TSR after a few years out. Have I changed or have the people changed? It's really strange being back...I'm still kinda getting use to it...
emobambam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello I haven't posted here for a while now but I miss all of you.guess what? I can't sleep tonight any suggestions?
Rafa
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emobambam)
hello I haven't posted here for a while now but I miss all of you.guess what? I can't sleep tonight any suggestions?
Stay clear from caffeine today, and stay up for as long as you can until you crash!
secretmessages
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rafa)
Haha, the TSR life. This thread will always live on, and the Insomniac Soc will never die! :cool:

I'm good, just settling back into TSR after a few years out. Have I changed or have the people changed? It's really strange being back...I'm still kinda getting use to it...
I think the people have changed. The oldies have moved on and been replaced by a completely different demographic. It feels a shame for me, because I'm still attached to the old days, but that's just where the site is going now
Rafa
Report 4 years ago
I think the people have changed. The oldies have moved on and been replaced by a completely different demographic. It feels a shame for me, because I'm still attached to the old days, but that's just where the site is going now
Yeah I felt that when I tried coming back a couple of years ago, there were a lot of oldies who had disappeared. 2 years later, and I've come back again, and I don't recognise anyone. I guess everyone moves on one day, I do miss the oldies - but I'm sure they're happy and have moved on to better things in life. I shall fly the banner until I've finished my studies, for the second time
secretmessages
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rafa)
Yeah I felt that when I tried coming back a couple of years ago, there were a lot of oldies who had disappeared. 2 years later, and I've come back again, and I don't recognise anyone. I guess everyone moves on one day, I do miss the oldies - but I'm sure they're happy and have moved on to better things in life. I shall fly the banner until I've finished my studies, for the second time
Haha, in that case I should be long gone, I have no excuse anymore :p:
Rafa
Report 4 years ago
Haha, in that case I should be long gone, I have no excuse anymore :p:
:cry2:
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads