Its an offer day
Thanks.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
It seems more and more people are choosing Warwick over LSE.
More people picking LSE over Oxbridge too :yep:
Srije
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
It seems more and more people are choosing Warwick over LSE.
well warwick is a really good uni + its always improving, i reckon in a few more years it'll be more of a powerhouse both domestically and internationally.

the only thing against it is that it does not have a good location. London is the bestttttttttt!!!!!
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Srije)
well warwick is a really good uni + its always improving, i reckon in a few more years it'll be more of a powerhouse both domestically and internationally.

the only thing against it is that it does not have a good location. London is the bestttttttttt!!!!!
Sometimes i wonder why i even applied there lol. Paradoxically it seems that some very good unis at politics/IR are in not-so vibrant/international locations: saint andrews (i'd probably kill myself if i had to stay 4 years there), well and coventry/leamington spa for warwick.
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hmmm, so offers tomorrow right?? goosh, really hope to her from them this week ... dont wanna wait til march!!!
eyijia
Report 9 years ago
Do you guys think informing LSE that i may be taking F maths AS help with my application?
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Informal (telephone) offer from LSE for Econ & Econ History!!! :woo: (after initial rejection based on a predicted grade!) since I've already firmed York
Ridiculous offer conditions though lol!
AAAa (Maths, Econ, Psych, FM respectively) as well as AEA Econ- Disctinction, AEA Maths- Merit+

I think it's more of a 'go away' kind of offer! :tongue: but I'll try my best to get it!
jeharrison
Report 9 years ago
Jade Estelle Harrison
Social policy and criminology
PENDING!!!
1 A*, 6 As, 2 Bs at GCSE
I have 4 As at AS and am predicted a further 4 As at A level. (psychology, sociology, philosophy and law)
I applied Sept 18th 2008.

Anyone doing my subject please drop me a comment!!
facetious
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Economic Historian 1)
Informal (telephone) offer from LSE!!! :woo: (after initial rejection based on a predicted grade!)
why what are they? at least its an offer lol.. weird over the telephone though
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Informal (telephone) offer from LSE!!! :woo: (after initial rejection based on a predicted grade!)
seriously? i didn't know they did that!

Congratulations though!!!

what are the conditions
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
seriously? i didn't know they did that!

Congratulations though!!!

what are the conditions
Thanks!
I don't think they do that lol, but I asked to speak to the admissions tutor to challenge my rejection since they said it was ONLY because of a single predicted grade, and in the end he agreed that I could have an offer if I attain AAAa as well as a Merit in AEA Maths and Distinction in AEA Econ! (I edited the original post to show this), whilst the standard offer is AAB! Ah well, I'll try my best!
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks!
I don't think they do that lol, but I asked to speak to the admissions tutor to challenge my rejection since they said it was ONLY because of a single predicted grade, and in the end he agreed that I could have an offer if I attain AAAa as well as a Merit in AEA Maths and Distinction in AEA Econ! (I edited the original post to show this), whilst the standard offer is AAB! Ah well, I'll try my best!
Can you change your firm though?
amar09
Rep:
?
Thanks!
Wow, you sure thats legit? That sounds like a ridiculously high offer for an AAB course. Still, hope you get it!

EDIT: Not that I don't believe either one of you, but having 2 rejections overturned seems highly strange.
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, you sure thats legit? That sounds like a ridiculously high offer for an AAB course. Still, hope you get it!

EDIT: Not that I don't believe either one of you, but having 2 rejections overturned seems highly strange.
2 rejections? Lol just one!
Yeah of course it's legit, although I have to call in on results day and tell them whether I achieved these results or not. He 'sympathised' that the application was only unsuccessful because of a predicted grade in Maths, when I'm taking AEA Maths too(!), so as long as I can proove my abilities are to the standard then I may attend!
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dramaminedreams)
Can you change your firm though?
Well there wouldn't really be any point to do so right now even if it's possible because LSE made nothing certain in writing, I have to phone in on results day IF i manage to achieve the ridiculous offer :redface: ...I'm pretty sure they're not expecting me to meet the offer!
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahh I see, best hit the books then. Lol.
amar09
Rep:
?
Well there wouldn't really be any point to do so right now even if it's possible because LSE made nothing certain in writing, I have to phone in on results day IF i manage to achieve the ridiculous offer :redface: ...I'm pretty sure they're not expecting me to meet the offer!
Not to be cynical or anything, but there's no guarantee that they'll take you if you do meet the conditions?:
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dramaminedreams)
Ahh I see, best hit the books then. Lol.
Lol yeah, I'll try my best!
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not to be cynical or anything, but there's no guarantee that they'll take you if you do meet the conditions?:
Well yes, they don't have to take me, as there's no formal agreement, but the exact words were "...Well,I'm quite impressed to be honest...If you do indeed manage to get these grades, then phone me right after you get your results and I'm sure I'll be able to sort something out....best of luck"
I'm going to think of it as an offer lol!, but yes, they could in theory still say No...although that would be mega-harsh!
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well yes, they don't have to take me, as there's no formal agreement, but the exact words were "...Well,I'm quite impressed to be honest...If you do indeed manage to get these grades, then phone me right after you get your results and I'm sure I'll be able to sort something out....best of luck"
I'm going to think of it as an offer lol!, but yes, they could in theory still say No...although that would be mega-harsh!
Well anyway congrats , good luck with the grades!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads