Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
Warning: post about Minecraft.

Spoiler:
Show
I think me and mo are pretty close to finding the treasure on the Survival Island map. We hit a crazy big cave full of a stupid amount of monsters that eventually killed us both. We're going back tomorrow!
:awesome:
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
I think Sainsbury's are selling the 160GB console at £195 at the moment. Might be worth checking out
Checked in Sainsbury's last night. £194.99 Managed to get my girlfriend to buy it as a graduation present as well! :holmes:

Correct me if I'm wrong - it'll still play .avi files with ease? How does it handle .mkv files?
AugustWestie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sony to resume some PlayStation gaming services

Sony has said it will resume some services on its PlayStation Network, which was shut after the theft of personal details of about 77m users.

Rest of article
No **** some services will resume, good job on pointing out the obvious. No indication of when though. What a pointless article.

Edit: Link to press release on the Playstation Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ble-this-week/

Central components of the “Welcome Back” program will include:
Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
Additional “Welcome Back” entertainment and service offerings will be rolled out over the coming weeks as the company returns the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services to the quality standard users have grown to enjoy and strive to exceed those exceptions.
bigmo7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/01/s...ack-at-1am-et/

If anyone fancies reading the Sony conference...

Yep, 30 day free PS Plus membership, 30 days of free service for Qriocity and Music Unlimited customers and a free gift of some software. Nice gesture.
We missed a bit there, but it sounds like they're planning to restore full network functionality within the month. Considering it's May 1st, that could be quite a wait.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AugustWestie)
No **** some services will resume, good job on pointing out the obvious. No indication of when though. What a pointless article.

Edit: Link to press release on the Playstation Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ble-this-week/
Stop editing your post, now I look stupid have the same thing as you on mine
AugustWestie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
Stop editing your post, now I look stupid have the same thing as you on mine
Haha, sorry I didn't see your post.

To be fair, our sources are slightly different.
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.cracked.com/article_19172...o-be-true.html
badger-man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
30 days free PS+!

Hopefully they'll be some good discounts/free stuff in those 30 days.
AugustWestie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by badger-man)
30 days free PS+!

Hopefully they'll be some good discounts/free stuff in those 30 days.
Apart from when the 30 days are up, you don't get to keep any of it. Thank you, Sony! :rolleyes:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apart from when the 30 days are up, you don't get to keep any of it. Thank you, Sony! :rolleyes:
really?

there is no way of keeping it at all? there must be?...

x
where are you?
badger-man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You only lose the free stuff. You keep the stuff you buy at a discounted price
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i need my minecraft fix
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
i need my minecraft fix
I fell asleep at my laptop

The servers up, I need to get something to eat :p:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I fell asleep at my laptop

The servers up, I need to get something to eat :p:
zomg something blew up on the roof and all the water came in :/ i patched it up for now
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
zomg something blew up on the roof and all the water came in :/ i patched it up for now
Did you ruin the house? You've not been in there more than 2 minutes!
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ffs and anther one, this time in the day - where are they coming from?

edit :arrrgh help leak!
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
...is this a ploy to get my away from doing coursework and on Minecraft? Cos it's working :shifty:

Edit: omg you cannot be serious surely?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
...is this a ploy to get my away from doing coursework and on Minecraft? Cos it's working :shifty:
leak contained but there is a hole and some crop missing i think - have u made a new tunnel to let creepers on the roof
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
leak contained but there is a hole and some crop missing i think - have u made a new tunnel to let creepers on the roof
No...they spawn on the map at night, like they're supposed to! :p:

We do have a massive and I mean massive tunnel network below the house....it's amazingly complex too. Hence why we were going to go down there again today at some point fully stocked. We lost so much resources when we both died :/
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No...they spawn on the map at night, like they're supposed to! :p:
they were not spawning on the island for what i can remember :holmes:

im going to back out and wait for reinforcemants in case more damage is done and i look like the one in the wrong
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (83)
25.86%
No (238)
74.14%

Watched Threads