Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Didn't Fergie have phone numbers of refs and pressurised referees.

Think he'd have suited serie A tbf.
    Wasnt Mourinho waiting around in the car park by the refs car after a game once?

Le classe

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about this then?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-referees.html
    "It was chucking it down with rain and Fergie pulled me aside and said “do me a favour, call the game off," Gallagher told*Sportlobster TV.
    'I asked why and he (Ferguson) said “there’s nowhere else to fit this game in and the Premier League will have to extend the season. We’ll have a better chance of winning the match and we’ll win the league at Old Trafford”.*

Sounds legit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The claims about refs make me laugh, if the PL refs were so easily swayed the team owned by the dodgy Russian would clean up every year. I'm sure Roman's paid a bribe or two in his time. The billionaire from nowhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Silvio has had big financial issues himself, he's not pumping anything in tbh.

Not that they'll necessarily sell Balotelli
    He has the money, but he just refuses to invest it in the club. They've pretty much phased out all of their high earners and are rebuilding on cut-price/bargain signings (Menez, Honda, Alex, Poli, etc.). If the rumors are easy to add up, it appears that Inzaghi wants Mandzukic and the only way to fund that is by selling Balotelli.

More rumors floating around just now saying that Balotelli's agents have flown to Brazil to get his future sorted. A lot of if's and but's in here though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

If its true I think we're looking at the wrong Mario, but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind you getting Balotelli at all. At all.

Explosively talented but he's ****e really. He wouldn't get into any of Liverpool, Chelsea, United, or City's teams.

I will concede that he'd be a good signing but I won't be quivering or anything.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...target-3707235

Cleverley instead of fabregas for you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Ballotelli at Arsenal......

You guys have to remember how much of a **** Suarez was and his he's transformed into the player he is today. Ballotelli is younger and still has time to improve plus I think he's boiled off recently.

Mandzukic would have been the safer option but one of the two would be supplementary as long as we get our defenders

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Draxler has confirmed we were in for him in January (as if it wasn't already known)

From Ornstein

Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler says he turned down the chance to join Arsenal in January and plans to remain with the Bundesliga club this summer.

"The 20-year-old Germany international was strongly linked with a move to the Gunners, but they ended up signing only Kim Kallstrom on loan from Spartak Moscow.

"Draxler told BBC Sport: 'In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay. I will do the same this summer. I want to play one year more in Schalke.'"
    The exciting thing is that it pretty much confirms that Wenger is looking for a LW. Given what he's been saying about Griezmann, commentating on French TV, and that we can use Vela as bait, I'd be surprised if we didn't go in for him this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    The claims about refs make me laugh, if the PL refs were so easily swayed the team owned by the dodgy Russian would clean up every year. I'm sure Roman's paid a bribe or two in his time. The billionaire from nowhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Roman is a man with integrity of the highest order...

Tbf if Roman was in Serie A around 2000 he'd have a field day.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you guys go for Higuain? He had a solid season last year and him and Giroud is sufficient depth imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ballotelli at Arsenal......

You guys have to remember how much of a **** Suarez was and his he's transformed into the player he is today. Ballotelli is younger and still has time to improve plus I think he's boiled off recently.

Mandzukic would have been the safer option but one of the two would be supplementary as long as we get our defenders

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Suarez was nothing like balotelli and even if he was you would put up with it because he's a far better player

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you guys go for Higuain? He had a solid season last year and him and Giroud is sufficient depth imo.
    Wouldn't mind him at all. Read that we were linked but don't trust the source yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Roman is a man with integrity of the highest order...

Tbf if Roman was ever in Serie A around 2000 he'd have a field day.
    Corrected.
    Match fixing in Italy isn't limited to a certain period.

Because he isn't available. Napoli denied it but that's unglamorous so people will continue to speculate.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's since come out that we were very far off from Schalke's valuation of Draxler anyway, so whether he wanted to leave is neither here nor there. It is an easy way to earn some respect from the Veltins Arena Nordkurve to say that he never wanted to leave however, I suspect he would have.

Just sign Greizmann using the Vela situation FFS. Greizmann is yet another French Arsenal fan who would no doubt jump at that chance and his value increases every single month now.

You could see how much better Ozil was for Germany with so much movement in front and you can imagine Greizmann being a great success in England for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Suarez was nothing like balotelli and even if he was you would put up with it because he's a far better player
    This. Balotelli's problems are very different to Suarez's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are Balotelli's antics even that bad? The English media embellishes quite a lot about him.

He had a row with Mancini on the training pitch once and did some wacky stuff in his free time but I wouldnt say it affected his on the pitch performances as such. Not like he's drinking and smoking every week like Wayne Rooney is...

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli: "If you have the money to buy a Maserati, buy a Maserati"

ReputationRep:
    The media hate Ballotelli

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Balotelli: "If you have the money to buy a Maserati, buy a Maserati"

“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.” – Zlatan when asked about Mario Balotelli setting fire to his own house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.” – Zlatan when asked about Mario Balotelli setting fire to his own house.
    Imagine Balotelli and Nicky B on a night out together. They would wreck the city tbf.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.