Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    This is so misleading!!!! I "only" achieved 2A*'s and 6A's at GCSE and yet have a place to study at Oxford in October. There is NO USE applying to a university based upon rumours which suggest that they look more closely at GCSEs... bear in mind that Oxford have the benefit of additional admissions tests so they look at much more than your GCSEs which are surpassed in the main by your A-Level results / predictions. Sorry for my tone but I really wouldn't limit yourself because of what you have heard! Goodluck!
    They do look at GCSEs more and obviously other stuff but they look at GCSEs more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    They do look at GCSEs more and obviously other stuff but they look at GCSEs more

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop with this "they look at your GCSE's"; they do but as a means of showing your overall performance/improvement. I spoke to one girl that studies at Oxford and she happened to get few D's and C's at GCSE level. If you happen to get A's at post secondary level - it is clearly a sign of improvement so your GCSE's become irrelevant. Your GCSE's are only likely to be used in cases whereby you have not done your AS, in such circumstances those will be correlated with your admission test performance and your predicted grades. Now, after giving youse this lecture, please refrain yourself from eliciting any "GCSE's are important" bs 😆😇

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neevadesai)
    Hey law interviewee here! Trinity college
    when did you get your interview email ?

ReputationRep:
    Have any non-UK applicants received their decisions by mail? I'm afraid I was rejected because some other Trinity applicants have received invitations. Any PPE candidates that received interviews at Trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Look,Yes,But,See)
    Wow that is really impressive - you must be one of the cleverest at Eton to get a place at Westminster 6th form. Well done. Amazing!

1st answer: I wasn't posing about me -
    but yes, tbh - I am considered by staff to be one of the cleverest.

2nd answer : In case you're just another loser try to be being sarcastic -
    f*** off and good luck with your tosspot - simple non-competitive going nowhere classics degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Stop with this "they look at your GCSE's"; they do but as a means of showing your overall performance/improvement. I spoke to one girl that studies at Oxford and she happened to get few D's and C's at GCSE level. If you happen to get A's at post secondary level - it is clearly a sign of improvement so your GCSE's become irrelevant. Your GCSE's are only likely to be used in cases whereby you have not done your AS, in such circumstances those will be correlated with your admission test performance and your predicted grades. Now, after giving youse this lecture, please refrain yourself from eliciting any "GCSE's are important" bs 😆😇
    You're not changing my mind haha I think they do and they are known to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to pay for the meals and accommodations provided during interview ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ulysses98)
    Do we have to pay for the meals and accommodations provided during interview ?
    No!

ReputationRep:
    I've received a PPE interview! I'd be highly grateful (as would others), if you could give any tips/hints on what to expect etc etc

Thank you and good luck to everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imaanc)
    I'm waiting for the same thing. They haven't let anyone for maths know yet (from their update page) but it looks like they'll let us know on Monday. Good luck!
    You too! So much tension waiting, just want it to be over

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone of Electrical Engineering(post PAT) got interview mail or rejection mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    You're not changing my mind haha I think they do and they are known to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, you guys will eventually find out when you get your decisions.

ReputationRep:
    My email said that I should need to be in the college for two days, but possibly four.

Would it only be 4 if I get pooled by another college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    when did you get your interview email ?
    21st November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    BMAT: 63.5%
    A-Levels (completed): 3A* 3A (A*s in Bio, Chem and Maths)
    IGCSEs: 7A* 2A 2B

I'm kind of worried about my IGCSE scores (which is why I've also been trolling to see if anyone's got a rejection) and I hope my A-Levels will save me there, but I guess whatever happens happens. You?
    Can't you go on the Oxford website and read that interview won't come out for Medicine until Dec 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vossari)
    You got an invitation from Trinity? Could you let me know for what subject and when you were invited? Not sure if they've only sent out invitations and not rejections... I've applied too but haven't heard anything. Thanks!
    I have an interview at the college to which you are referring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbybob12)
    Rejected for E&M with 10A*s GCSE, 5 As AS level and 4A* predictions. Done all practise TSA papers with an average of above 70 scaled, worked through Thinking Skills by John Butterworth and Geoff Braithwaite, done 10 practise essays. Had to guess a few on the real TSA and wasted time deciding which question to do for the essay and so didn't finish. I question whether judging candidates on one exam out of the 30 or so they have taken previously, is the best way considering exa can just go bad on the day.
    Sorry, but Oxford isn't the end. There are many other good universities out there.

ReputationRep:
    Where's everyone hoping their second interview is at? I'm hoping Corpus Christi, Christ Church, Merton, Oriel, The Queen's or Magdalen if another college wants to interview me

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what they mean when they say that you must stay until 10 o clock but may be required to stay until later that day? How late is later that day?
    What time should I book my flight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    Congrats.

Did you get email about interview today-I mean on Saturday?
    Nope I got the email inviting me to interview on November 18th

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.