Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Townsend is on form, put him on.

ReputationRep:
    Why hasn't Townsend been brought on, would offer so much than walcott

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Is defoe in the squad? I bet woy prefers having someone to hold up the ball though :rolleyes:
    Young and defoe(if he's in the team) should come on. Welbeck is a big miss tbh. It's a shame that we didn't use our team 10 years ago to it's full potential.
    Sven Goran Eriksson the numpty thought it was best to play Scholes on the left

(Original post by SciFiRory)
    Carrick will at least give us some accurate passes and support the defenders, Young on for Milner wouldn't go a miss either imo, at least Young normally does something for England.
    Yeah I'd bring Young on for Milner, and Defoe for Lambert. Don't see Woy favouring Carrick over Gerrard in that sitter role, or 90% of England fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Defoe is on the bench. I'd give Townsend a shout instead of Young. I agree with the rest completely tho
    Townsend has been shining in walcotts position this season for spurs and last season for QPR where he cuts from the right and hits a shot/passes through the CB's so I'd say I'd rather have young on the left. If young attempts to get past his man with pace then he'd be a better option than townsend on the left.

Plus anyway it's a pretty tough match to be drafted in when you're so inexperienced.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't care about the national team. I just hope none of our players get injured. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Wilshere go down.

ReputationRep:
    This is so poor. Got a feeling unless England score soon, Woy will slip into midtable manager mode and go for the draw rather push for the win, which quite frankly if that is the mentality then qualification is irrelevant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    [Neville] Wilshere's playing like he's being controlled by a 10 year old on the playstation [/Neville]

Lots of running into the opposition and aimless pressing, needs to mature a bit and use his energy more wisely.

If we're altering the midfield i'd look at inverting the triangle. Carrick holding would give almost as much protecton as Gerrard and Lampard in the deeper roles, and would allow 2 midfield players to push on a bit instead of just Wilshere. Wilshere won't last the 90 mins so that change wouldn't surprise me.

Feel a bit sorry for Lambert, he doesn't suit this system at all. He needs old fashioned wingers, not a 2nd left back and an inside forward. Dunno what Defoe's fitness is like though.
    Good point, but I'd still think that we'd lack mobility in that case(assuming wilshere comes off). It'll potentially end up with us overcommiting if gerrard and lamps go box to box. If we did go 4-3-3 holding I'd put young on for milner though. we'd need an inside forward and walcott will stay on the right, I don't think townsend will do too great on the left in this case.

Daniel sturridge would have been perfect for this game. Can create chances by himself, got pace on the counter and has a good long shot if ukraine put their men behind the ball.

Defoe played europa league and has featured in all three of tottenhams PL games so far this season, he'll be fit for the match if he came on. Plus he's a run off the mill player anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    This is so poor. Got a feeling unless England score soon, Woy will slip into midtable manager mode and go for the draw rather push for the win, which quite frankly if that is the mentality then qualification is irrelevant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tbf key players are missing. If Rooney, Welbeck or Chamberlain were here we'd have a different game. I've never been a fan of Roy, he uses dull tactics imo. Harry should have got the job

ReputationRep:
    Can;t take this England that seriously when Cole is being played ahead of Baines.

ReputationRep:
    Ukraine goal coming I fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Can;t take this England that seriously when Cole is being played ahead of Baines.
    ...? o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    ...? o_O
    ...? 8n{o

ReputationRep:
    Whoopie, Ashley Young is coming on :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Young will be coming in. I think he could be a good option. You know exactly what he's going to give, nothing special but just good service into the box which Lambert should enjoy. That's probably a better option than Townsend all flash but perhaps no product.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of every player you can complain about that's one of the most pointless. Cole is one of the most consistent players I have ever seen. He needs to be phased out as soon as he stops performing, which hasn't happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    Really don't care about the national team. I just hope none of our players get injured. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Wilshere go down.
    How you feeling now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Out of every player you can complain about that's one of the most pointless. Cole is one of the most consistent players I have ever seen. He needs to be phased out as soon as he stops performing, which hasn't happened yet.
    You need to see more players, then.

Baines offers so much more than Cole, and if you were to pick players based on form (which is what you should be doing, Roy) then Baines HAS to be ahead of Cole.

ReputationRep:
    England should play to their strengths and get in a 4-4-2 formation and lump it up to a big striker who will head it in the net. Against teams like Ukraine it never fails. It only fails against top teams like Spain. But we are not playing Spain, we are playing a B-team in Ukraine. Stick on Defoe!

ReputationRep:
    You need to see more players, then.

Baines offers so much more than Cole, and if you were to pick players based on form (which is what you should be doing, Roy) then Baines HAS to be ahead of Cole.
    Cole is better than baines at defending. That's why he's picked over baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Cole is better than baines at defending. That's why he's picked over baines.
    So Roy is going for a draw against Ukraine?

A lot of people assume Baines is a poor/average defender, which just isn't the case.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.