Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    . The contract is £5.5 million a year up to end of 2013/14 season. United get £20 million a year. Even if we have to pay early termination fees they won't amount to that. I doubt he would do it unless he had a deal worthwhile waiting in the wings.

Well they didn't have the control to buy out a sponsor until now did they?

If you want to believe Goal.com :rolleyes:
    Didn't you get £100m for a 15 yr stadium rights and shirt deal?

That's an awful deal, if true.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we've been crap with sponser deals. They were organised when we didn't have Ivan Gladis, so it wasn't very professionally done.

ReputationRep:
    I heard the crap deal was negotiated as you needed the money urgently to finish the stadium.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...senal-takeover

Scary stuff if you are an Arsenal fan. Ideally you want an owner who is going to be in it long term with no real intrest in turning profit, just enjoys being part of the club. You don't want someone like the Glazers who see the club as a cash cow which they can milk for profit.

ReputationRep:
    He COULD do many things. But he's said he won't. We have no reason to believe otherwise (despite media fear mongering).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I heard the crap deal was negotiated as you needed the money urgently to finish the stadium.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...senal-takeover

Scary stuff if you are an Arsenal fan. Ideally you want an owner who is going to be in it long term with no real intrest in turning profit, just enjoys being part of the club. You don't want someone like the Glazers who see the club as a cash cow which they can milk for profit.
    Not scared. I've read up on Kroenke and the American franchises he owns to know that they're in very stable conditions are doing well in their respective competitions.

Fact is he's a laissez-faire person, I for one am not expecting a great deal to change, pretty sure we'll have a similar squad in 3 years time, with the same manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Not scared. I've read up on Kroenke and the American franchises he owns to know that they're in very stable conditions are doing well in their respective competitions.

Fact is he's a laissez-faire person, I for one am not expecting a great deal to change, pretty sure we'll have a similar squad in 3 years time, with the same manager.
    Its not so much what ambitions he has for the team, not really interested in that. My intrest is how he intends to fiance this takeover. He hasn't sold any of his major assets recently, the fact he still owed money on the shares he previously had suggests he doesn't have £500m in high liquidity. They are suggesting he will secure these debts against other assest, but could still use Arsenal to service these debts, it depends how long he intends to do that which is scary.

ReputationRep:
    Its not so much what ambitions he has for the team, not really interested in that. My intrest is how he intends to fiance this takeover. He hasn't sold any of his major assets recently, the fact he still owed money on the shares he previously had suggests he doesn't have £500m in high liquidity. They are suggesting he will secure these debts against other assest, but could still use Arsenal to service these debts, it depends how long he intends to do that which is scary.
    The board has assured that he won't be borrowing anything from Arsenal at all, especially the finance that's required to pay off the debt.

He would be an absolute legend if a) brings back Dein b) doesn't borrow anything from Arsenal and c) rejuvenate the squad, it's much-needed.

As long as he doesn't do anything silly, we're in safe hands imo. And I'm not a very optimistic person!

ReputationRep:
    There will be no leveraged deal, like the Glazers one, it has been confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    I really really hope dein comes back ....

ReputationRep:
    About Dein even if he doesn't come back I do trust Kroenke to get the right people. Already the people he's got in have been beneficial to the club and I think Gazidis given that he will likely be the man in charge has what it takes.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone aching for Dein to come back? Let's move forward please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    Yeah we've been crap with sponser deals. They were organised when we didn't have Ivan Gladis, so it wasn't very professionally done.
    That is monumentally awful though.

£100m for 15 years is £6.6m a year.

We have a £20m a year shirt sponsorship.

You should be looking at £100m just for the name.

ReputationRep:
    If Dein does come back. How will he deal with not being the top dog? He already left once beacuse of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    If Dein does come back. How will he deal with not being the top dog? He already left once beacuse of this.
    That's not at all why he left. He left because he supported a takeover and the rest of the board didn't so differences meant he left.

(Original post by L18)
    That is monumentally awful though.

£100m for 15 years is £6.6m a year.

We have a £20m a year shirt sponsorship.

You should be looking at £100m just for the name.
    With a £5.5 million a year shirt sponsorship deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    That's not at all why he left. He left because he supported a takeover and the rest of the board didn't so differences meant he left.
    So he left because they didn't agree with him. This will likely happen again if he does return and probably much more frequently since Gazidis is now top dog.

I probably should make it clear that Iim in favour for Dein to return but not if it'll creast board room dissrest.

Anyone know what his opinion is of the current board room members and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Danny Fiszman has sadly passed away - RIP
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...zman-1945-2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    RIP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Saw this earlier. Obviously we knew he was seriously ill but still a shock. Arsenal man through and through made sure that the club was in safe hands in his last days alive. Not many people like him around at the top anymore. RIP

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame about Fiszman, he did a great deal in architechting the Emirates project and this club owes him a great deal.

Even in his last days he was thinking of Arsenal and our stability - a true fan.

RIP.

ReputationRep:
    RIP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.