Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    How is everyone going to spend their night? I'm probably gonna end up watching a lot of films till I fall asleep and I'm kinda upset that I will have to get up at 7:30 so I can get to college to collect my results last year it was later
    I will go to sleep if I'm tired but I doubt I will. I hate lying in bed awake so will probably end up watching films and rewatching GoT Get my results online at 6am so will have an alarm set for 5.50 regardless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirateprincess)
    Hey guys, I'm out of the country on holiday. Do you think that there might be a problem with the school not wanting to tell me the results over the phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite possibly. Best to nominate someone in writing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow will feel nearly as epic as when I got realm first kill of Ragnoras HC

*trust me I valued that kill more than my entire set of GCSE results, no wonder since quitting my grades have shot up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    The FP2 paper was easy but making the A grade higher than 100ums for C3 was stupid :dry: Also I was hoping for lower with FP3 because of the reaction I saw others :sad:
    I almost dropped Further Maths about a month before the exams because I was struggling so much, so I found both of them difficult I didn't finish FP3 though. I had a feeling FP2 was an alright paper (even though I know I made mistakes) so I'm not surprised by the grade boundaries, just disappointed I just really hope I got a B overall.

(Original post by kidomo)
    How do you define intelligence?
    Someone can that explain and communicate their subject effectively and has a wide vocabulary to go with it and knows what they're doing + passion for whatever it is they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    So what happens at midnight? Will all clearing places be up on show immediately?

ReputationRep:
    Garrrrr I've got butterflies in my stomach!!! Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladynova)
    So what happens at midnight? Will all clearing places be up on show immediately?
    Clearing places are already advertised from some unis.

(Original post by knowledgecorruptz)
    That's my point. An inflated vocabulary is in no way synonymous with a higher IQ or a deeper intelligence. It seems very odd to me that you would choose to measure intellect in such a fashion.
    It's not just an inflated vocabulary. It's being able to understand the words you're saying and explain that into simpler terms. Any idiot can read a dense piece of text, but only certain people can talk about the philosophy of [insert esoteric subject here].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    We're few and far between :erm:

It wouldn't surprise me, the questions were so sporadic as well over such a small part of the spec :erm:
    bloody welsh :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Someone can that explain and communicate their subject effectively and has a wide vocabulary to go with it and knows what they're doing + passion for whatever it is they're doing.

That's not intelligence at all lol, passion?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Does anyone wanna predict what hour this thread will reach 10k posts?

I'm guessing around tomorrow at 3am ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The nameless one)
    When can we access our result on resultsplus?
    If your sixth form/college signed upto it yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    I almost dropped Further Maths about a month before the exams because I was struggling so much, so I found both of them difficult I didn't finish FP3 though. I had a feeling FP2 was an alright paper (even though I know I made mistakes) so I'm not surprised by the grade boundaries, just disappointed I just really hope I got a B overall.
    The last question on FP2 destroyed my mark :lol: It was so difficult. I also went in FP3 unprepared (I knew very little) and the only things I knew were on the exam except for the vector question. I honestly came out ecstatic because there was no loci question. I got lucky

ReputationRep:
    holy fudge I'm nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)

I'm guessing around tomorrow at 3pm ??
    3pm? Nahhhhh I say 12pm around then everyone's got their results and boasting about their amazing ums on here -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)

I'm guessing around tomorrow at 3pm ??
    I was thinking before 8am, since a lot of people are saying they're doing an all-nighter

(Original post by ElChapo)
    That's not intelligence at all lol, passion?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can be clever all you like, if you're not passionate about it, it's worth jack ****.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    3pm? Nahhhhh I say 12pm around then everyone's got their results and boasting about their amazing ums on here -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SyedaK)
    I was thinking before 8am, since a lot of people are saying they're doing an all-nighter
    not 3pm, I meant 3am!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.