Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    Does anybody know what they mean when they say that you must stay until 10 o clock but may be required to stay until later that day? How late is later that day?
    What time should I book my flight?
    It means that you're absolutely needed until 10, but if you're invited for interview by another college or something, they may want you to stay after that time. The admission office at Wadham said it would be safe to book my train after 7:30pm on that day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Where's everyone hoping their second interview is at? I'm hoping Corpus Christi, Christ Church, Merton, Oriel, The Queen's or Magdalen if another college wants to interview me
    Haven't really thought about it, but I'd love Merton or Brasenose!

ReputationRep:
    What is RSVP?
    It's mentioned in my interview invitation:
    Please can you confirm you have received this information and plan to attend your interview by e-mailing an RSVP and a passport-sized photograph for ID purposes.

ReputationRep:
    How important are predicted grades, what are everyone's predicted grades for PPE applicants?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Keble for geography today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancy97)
    What is RSVP?
    It's mentioned in my interview invitation:
    Please can you confirm you have received this information and plan to attend your interview by e-mailing an RSVP and a passport-sized photograph for ID purposes.
    Réspondez s'il vous plait - 'please reply as soon as possible!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPEkeble)
    How important are predicted grades, what are everyone's predicted grades for PPE applicants?
    I assume you mean IB. I had 38/42, which isn't that great, but their requirements are 38/39 with core points, so I'm quite a bit above that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Haven't really thought about it, but I'd love Merton or Brasenose!
    I'd love Worcester or Brasenose, but honestly all the colleges are great. Right now I have received nothing from Oxford, neither a rejection nor an invitation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Where's everyone hoping their second interview is at? I'm hoping Corpus Christi, Christ Church, Merton, Oriel, The Queen's or Magdalen if another college wants to interview me
    I'd love Christ Church, New, St John's or Trinity Only because they're the only other ones I visited on the open day haha

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive their invitations today? Do you think that you could still be invited if you haven't received anything yet? And does anyone think that, being a non-UK applicant, I might still get it in the post? I'm traveling and get back tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll have a little letter in my mailbox, as all my friends have received theirs by email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bulbawill)
    Réspondez s'il vous plait - 'please reply as soon as possible!'
    Not so familiar with French! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alinakhan)
    Is anyone interviewing at St Benet's Hall?
    Yes, I am!!! I got reallocated there from Brasenose for PPE.. What's your subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vossari)
    Did anyone receive their invitations today? Do you think that you could still be invited if you haven't received anything yet? And does anyone think that, being a non-UK applicant, I might still get it in the post? I'm traveling and get back tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll have a little letter in my mailbox, as all my friends have received theirs by email!
    It appears that some colleges have not yet sent all their invitations. I, for one, have not seen one mention of anyone who applied to study the subject for which I applied to study at the college to which I applied to study that subject receiving his or her invitation, so I assume that that college has not yet sent all its invitations.

Out of curiosity: From where are you applying? I, too, am a non-U.K. applicant. I am from a town in the United States of America a short distance from New York City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    No!
    Thank you! All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mna_98)
    Nope I got the email inviting me to interview on November 18th
    I got my email on Saturday afternoon though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    Can't you go on the Oxford website and read that interview won't come out for Medicine until Dec 4.
    Yes I'm perfectly capable of reading that. However rjections for medicine have been reported to have gone out before the date interview invites had gone out in previous years which is why I was trying to talk to fellow medicine applicants here about this and see if l could gather info for this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    Does anybody know what they mean when they say that you must stay until 10 o clock but may be required to stay until later that day? How late is later that day?
    What time should I book my flight?
    Im interviewing at brasenose (you're ppe too, right?) and they said it was best if i booked a flight the next day, since last year interviews were held as late as 3pm on the last day. All i had to do was request an additional night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Yes I'm perfectly capable of reading that. However rjections for medicine have been reported to have gone out before the date interview invites had gone out in previous years which is why I was trying to talk to fellow medicine applicants here about this and see if l could gather info for this year.
    Oh, ah, which college? Dif college does things diferently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanieleZ)
    Im interviewing at brasenose (you're ppe too, right?) and they said it was best if i booked a flight the next day, since last year interviews were held as late as 3pm on the last day. All i had to do was request an additional night.
    Best to stay a day before and a day after to make sure you arent in a rush and in case of last minute interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what day medicine interviews come out?

I heard it was the 2nd December, but now I'm hearing something about the 4th?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.