Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    For those who've been asking: I've officially re-joined TSR Labour
    Well, Ray just dropped in my estimations somewhat, expected him to at the very least run a dupe check or more likely outright say go away

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Don't suppose the tories are offering £3 (well knowing them £30) votes?

Also to my disliking Galloway is putting in a good performance on question time considering it is Galloway
    Had to be a member before the process began, we aren't stupidly vulnerable to entryism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I honestly don't believe she is - if anything, she strikes me as more pro-EU than she lets on. My belief, perhaps misguided, is that most core Tory voters are in favour of leaving and hugely against free movement, but May and most senior Tory MPs will likely recognise that EFTA membership is necessary to protect our economy and attempt to sign up up and accept free movement (or a near-meaningless 'compromise') as such. This could lead to some of them turning on her administration feeling betrayed and give us a 2010-style situation were the third party, UKIP, picks up a lot of votes, except the fourth party would be bigger. I could see something like:

Labour 30%
    Conservatives 29%
    UKIP 19%
    Lib Dems 10%
    SNP 5%
    Green 3%

How that would translate to seats, whether on current (with an early election or a failure of the changes in Parliament) or new boundaries is anyone's guess.
    It would probably still lead to the Tories being the largest party, probably much more than the 29% you give and Labour would be much lower, maybe even behind UKIP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well, Ray just dropped in my estimations somewhat, expected him to at the very least run a dupe check or more likely outright say go away

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied to the party a while ago so that a decision could be made by the time I was able to return - they haven't just made an on-the-spot decision. There was a discussion within the party, as well as circumstances at play I don't intend to divulge publicly. That being said, I do apologise to the wider MHoC community for what I did, and assure you it won't be repeated.

Regarding dupe checking, there was an accusation made that I used a dupe to access the MHoC during my ban, but the CT have to use their own phrasing decided not to pursue it further - given the circumstances I can only take this to mean it was made by someone who didn't want me back and has no evidence whatsoever to support it, but in any case checks have already been run.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I applied to the party a while ago so that a decision could be made by the time I was able to return - they haven't just made an on-the-spot decision. There was a discussion within the party, as well as circumstances at play I don't intend to divulge publicly. That being said, I do apologise to the wider MHoC community for what I did, and assure you it won't be repeated.

Regarding dupe checking, there was an accusation made that I used a dupe to access the MHoC during my ban, but the CT have to use their own phrasing decided not to pursue it further - given the circumstances I can only take this to mean it was made by someone who didn't want me back and has no evidence whatsoever to support it, but in any case checks have already been run.
    Does not change the fact that Ray has fallen in my estimations for failing to make an executive decision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does not change the fact that Ray has fallen in my estimations for failing to make an executive decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or for making an executive decision you don't like. Oh well, doesn't matter much - not as though he's standing for Tory leader thankfully!

ReputationRep:
    Had to be a member before the process began, we aren't stupidly vulnerable to entryism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was joking to be clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well Ray did make an executive decision, which was to consult the membership of the party, and get their views, as obviously and I think saoirse will understand me saying this emotions were running high at the time, and did run high for a while afterwards. You may disagree with Ray's decision, but he did make one, and it is exactly the same one I would have made were I in his position.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how the members of the US Congress who opposed the gun controls proposed by their President feel about the deaths of four policemen in Dallas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I wonder how the members of the US Congress who opposed the gun controls proposed by their President feel about the deaths of four policemen in Dallas?
    Have you looked at the proposed gun control?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Have you looked at the proposed gun control?
    I expect not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/us-s...ampaign=social

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great, the Argies have no credible Air Force, let's invade.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Great, the Argies have no credible Air Force, let's invade.
    Nor navy nor army

It was mulled over briefly before the SoI

I can also announce that a further statement can be expected in the next week or two

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nor navy nor army

It was mulled over briefly before the SoI

I can also announce that a further statement can be expected in the next week or two

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure if war is serious or just bantz. :dontknow::dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, assuming they don't do anything silly regarding the Falklands why exactly would we want to invade Argentina?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hang on, assuming they don't do anything silly regarding the Falklands why exactly would we want to invade Argentina?
    Freedom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So they can't invade The Falklands agian.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not sure if war is serious or just bantz. :dontknow::dontknow:
    Why not both?

So they can't invade The Falklands agian.
    Not that they're doing that any time soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not both?

Not that they're doing that any time soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah my mate Santiago reckon he heard rumours that they were.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.