Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    I know I got in (yay!!!!!!). Can I get my grades on ucas or do I need to go to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)

So your firm has got an Unconditional Firm?

That means your in. What your insurance says doesn't matter
    no I actually applied to Oxford for a foundation year programme which was launched this year
    I got the offer from oxford but it wasnt through UCAS
    Oxford told me to ring them with my grades and the grades they asked me for are pretty similar to what my firm wanted.. all my offers were conditional both on and Off UCAS
    I dont even want to go to my firm, I was meant to take a gap year but the foundation year opportunity came

this is why i really need good grades so I can take up my Oxford offer

So that being said, does your insurance AUTOMATICALLY reject you if you got into your firm choice university?? or does this mean i got bad grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's really not a good idea to wait until lunch for applicants who have missed their offers. The wait til lunch thing is for people who have met their offers but not got an update.
    :yy:

I would +1 you, but I've apparently done that too many times recently :rolleyes: . Thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    I got into oxford ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats dude! Pretty surreal isn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    Wait up, the adjustment option ("find out about and register for adjustment" only appears if you meet and exceed your offer? So... UCL aren't just being nice, I actually got an A in history + I was probably right about my maths A* omg
    Yup, met and exceeded all conditions of your firm!

You'll need to call up any universities you're thinking of swapping to, and find out whether they have places available via UCAS Adjustment. If you're offered a place, have a think about it and then get back to them to confirm you'd like to take it. They will update your UCAS Track screen, which will show that you're now swapped onto the new course. If you want time to think about an Adjustment offer, it's important to make sure the uni offering you that place understands this, because once the uni has put the offer on your Track, your original firm will be automatically cancelled, and you won't be able to change your mind.

While you are looking for a place in Adjustment, you keep your existing uni place. If you try Adjustment but don't find anything, you keep the place you already have.

ReputationRep:
    Right guys, my all nighter is almost over, I'm gonna head off for a bit to shower, change and get to school ready for nine, after which i'll be visiting family which will either console me or be just as shocked as me. For everyone still waiting for AS or A2 results, best of luck and for those waiting for confirmation of uni places good luck too.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help me, I am seriously worrying. I met the conditions for my university, even exceeded them (offer AAA, got A*AAAB), yet got into my insurance? Could this be because I didn't send them my IELTS results yet?

ReputationRep:
    Oh balls it's today

Good luck to everyone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    Wait up, the adjustment option ("find out about and register for adjustment" only appears if you meet and exceed your offer? So... UCL aren't just being nice, I actually got an A in history + I was probably right about my maths A* omg
    Yes i believe so.

(Original post by melanin101)
    sorry guys for these constant questions.

if track hasn't updated and my results go badly, i call the uni right?
    Yes give them a call as soon as you've got your results.

ReputationRep:
    I have the button that says register for adjustment does this mean I exceeded my firm offer or is there for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Got into UCL Stats, Econ and Finance.

Quick question, UCAS is letting me register for adjustment, does that mean I've exceeded my offer? I don't get my results for another hour.

ReputationRep:
    hello when did the universities know our results and make decisions. my insurance accepted me 5 days ago, and my firm accept me 18 hours ago.

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I know I got in (yay!!!!!!). Can I get my grades on ucas or do I need to go to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Youll need to go to school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    Holy crap i got into imperial. I actually got in oh my god!!!!!!!!??????????????? It feels like a joke!!!!
    Congrats! I pick up my AS grades in 2 hours... haha i want to go imperial next year

ReputationRep:
    Got into medicine!!!!!AAAH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Someone please help me, I am seriously worrying. I met the conditions for my university, even exceeded them (offer AAA, got A*AAAB), yet got into my insurance? Could this be because I didn't send them my IELTS results yet?
    Yes that could be quite likely if it was one of your conditions, get onto the phone to them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so so happy right now, just got into medicine at Liverpool second time round!!

ReputationRep:
    Very confused at the moment.

My firm hasnt updated (still says conditional firmly accepted) but my insurance apparently updated on the 14th to an unconditional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bdotjelly)
    no I actually applied to Oxford for a foundation year programme which was launched this year
    I got the offer from oxford but it wasnt through UCAS
    Oxford told me to ring them with my grades and the grades they asked me for are pretty similar to what my firm wanted.. all my offers were conditional both on and Off UCAS
    I dont even want to go to my firm, I was meant to take a gap year but the foundation year opportunity came

this is why i really need good grades so I can take up my Oxford offer

So that being said, does your insurance AUTOMATICALLY reject you if you got into your firm choice university?? or does this mean i got bad grades?
    Oh. So you don't want to go to either your firm or your insurance because you have your offer from Oxford off UCAS? When are you going to get your results?

(Original post by lai812matthew)
    hello when did the universities know our results and make decisions. my insurance accepted me 5 days ago, and my firm accept me 18 hours ago.
    They will have got your results over last weekend.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.