Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If the Doctor can regenerate into any form of being, could he regenerate into a Dalek? :holmes:

Fan made trailer for episode 5 in spoiler. It's very good.

Spoiler:
Show
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I do miss the days of subtle hints and clues that were peppered around in various episodes (Bad Wolf in series 1, Torchwood in series 2 and Mr Saxon in series 3). Moffat's idea of that is zooming in on a big, glowing, white crack at the end of every episode whilst sinister music plays in the background.
I miss the days of Mr Saxon :daydreaming:

We should totally do the ultimate series thing!

And Dalek's final episode could end the series in a Sherlock kind of way where it seems that the doctor has died and there can't be any way out, but then there's some hint at the end that he actually survived.
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I wonder if he knows that his series has been poor but is basically committed to his vision or if he is actually blind and believes his series is as good as his RTD episodes!?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I honestly believe the simplistic story of the new episode was him realising that the last series had too much timey wimey stuff in it, so he tried to make it a lot easier to understand to try and bring some of the charm of the show back, I remember reading that he's said that the episodes will mainly be individual storylines rather than last series' crack in time plot. It's far from perfect but at least it shows he realises there's stuff that needs improving.
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Of course, there may have been plenty of subtle story arc clues that we've all been missing because we were focussing on the obvious crack in time stuff. No-one noticed Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Harold Saxon (or at least grasped what it meant) until it was pointed out!
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
Of course, there may have been plenty of subtle story arc clues that we've all been missing because we were focussing on the obvious crack in time stuff. No-one noticed Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Harold Saxon (or at least grasped what it meant) until it was pointed out!
That one for me. I noticed almost all of them as and when they came but didn't know what it meant until the finale. The oddest one was the Vote Saxon poster in New New York.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Speaking of our Ultimate series, my episode could give us a way back into the Time-War depending on how I end it. :ninja:
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
The comments after the article are... interesting.
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That just blew my mind (it's perfect).
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

The beauty of the internet :love: tbh, if it turned out that in reality it was the doctor, I doubt I'd be too bothered.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)

The beauty of the internet :love: tbh, if it turned out that in reality it was the doctor, I doubt I'd be too bothered.
PRSOM.

Dating the Doctor would be epic!
+ polarity -
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I don't understand. How was Oswin a Dalek? How did they get her in the box, and make her believe she wasn't one? It just hit me, I didn't understand that at all. :lol:

e: Oh.
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by + polarity -)
Spoiler:
Show
I don't understand. How was Oswin a Dalek? How did they get her in the box, and make her believe she wasn't one? It just hit me, I didn't understand that at all. :lol:

e: Oh.
Spoiler:
Show

I do find it a slight stretch of the imagination that they seem to be able to change a persons species - seemingly all the way down to the actual DNA (a human wouldn't fit in the Dalek shell, so we have to assume that she was turned into the Dalek-blob) - and they did this keeping memories and such electrical signals in the brain intact (although sometimes suppressed).
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mm.
Spoiler:
Show
The whole idea of a human dalek is problematic to me. Isn't the whole point of the daleks that they are obsessed with purity? Why would they sully their own race with humans? Especially the human-bodied ones. I think they were far too human to be realistic. They used facial expressions and human intonation - where would they get that from if their brains had been turned to dalek?
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
remember the episode with Christopher Ecelstone and rose where they were using humans to make daleks? didn't they say something like one cell in a million was fit for use? then the daleks made were kinda crazy because they hated themselves for being made out of humans
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amwazicles)
Mm.
Spoiler:
Show
The whole idea of a human dalek is problematic to me. Isn't the whole point of the daleks that they are obsessed with purity? Why would they sully their own race with humans? Especially the human-bodied ones. I think they were far too human to be realistic. They used facial expressions and human intonation - where would they get that from if their brains had been turned to dalek?
Yeah, that's a mix of bad writing and bad acting. However, I can believe that they would turn intruders into their prison planet into Daleks, but I don't think they'd use them in plans like at the begining of the episode.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I still prefer the idea that the Dalek was actually just truly crazy and was never the real Oswin at all. After all, it is located in the intensive care within intensive care!
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Yeah, that's a mix of bad writing and bad acting. However, I can believe that they would turn intruders into their prison planet into Daleks, but I don't think they'd use them in plans like at the begining of the episode.
I suppose so. Yes I agree I can't see them using human daleks as important members of the race, but more as slaves (like those pig hybrid things in the New York episode).

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I still prefer the idea that the Dalek was actually just truly crazy and was never the real Oswin at all. After all, it is located in the intensive care within intensive care!
That's interesting, but they did find the crashed ship and the rest of the crew - so how would the dalek have got the information about something that really happened in order to make itself believe it?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's interesting, but they did find the crashed ship and the rest of the crew - so how would the dalek have got the information about something that really happened in order to make itself believe it?
Easy, the Daleks must be able to control the people come Daleks. These can remember crucial pieces of information when required so it just got tapped into that and believed itself to be Oswin instead.
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I prefer the timey-wimey fanon as opposed to MasterKey's "not really Oswin" idea, but remember the telepathic network that was mentioned regarding the Daleks? The nanofield turns the humans on the ship into Daleks (perhaps Oswin was one of the skeletons), and the experience on the ship is picked up by the uber-crazy one over the telepathic network.

Biggest problem I see with that is that Oswin left the ship and did make her way to intensive care, where she encountered the actual Daleks. If the chained up one wasn't Oswin; what happened to her?
Akuma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Akuma)
I wonder. Was it a human that'd been turned into a dalek or just an insane dalek?

You look at those dalek human dildo head puppet things. The daleks didn't seem to have very much trouble getting them to stop asking human. With a "full conversion" you'd think that would also be the case. Plus since when do daleks convert people? The only times they've done that is when they've been unable to cultivate pure dalek. It looked to me like the doctor was playing along with the delusional dalek. If they were gonna start converting geniuses of other species wouldn't they have tried that on the doc? They wouldn't convert a smart human and then try to exterminate the doc as usual so even if they were just converting stuff because they were insane it still doesn't make sense.

We've had the whole conversion thing with the cybermen (also why didn't her head explode?) so I think an insane dalek would be better. Although we've kinda had that too with that guy who thought he was the doctor in that cyberking episode. What would be really cool is if Tennant 2 and rose ended up being evil in the other universe with rose taking to leather catsuits so then we'd have evil half doctor and evil rose vs good doctor and co. They could have this scheme to mind control the daleks and rule the universe and beat the doctor until davros appears and the doctor decides him the lesser threat and so helps him to regain control of the daleks.
I just notice in the parliament they say her signal is coming from the heart of the asylum. Seems like the place they'd put the place they'd put the most insane which figures as they got more insane closer to her. They wouldn't take their experiment from the surface to there.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.52%
No - but I will (63)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.38%

Watched Threads