This discussion is closed.
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Hey, what's up? :hugs:
hi Jonathan, I just cannot seem to get anything done.
I have so much to do if im to meet my uni offer and exams start in a couple of weeks. I have got my self in such a silly position.

I don't know how to work, I don't know how to get things done, then I feel bad about it. My sleep pattern is messed up so much,.

I want to email my firm choice uni to ask about what they are like if I were to miss my offer (and if they would consider the circumstances that have affected my college work over the last few years). But I just don't know what to ask/say to them

I just don't know what to do to feel better about things.
Sorry about the moaning, I'd rather post here than in a H+R thread.
How are you doing Jonathan? :hugs: thanks for replying to me.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
I adopted some gerbils on sunday, so suicide won't be an option until they die. That's the theory anyway.
Nice idea that you've got some bundles of fluff to look after (more info on them needed, including pics :p:), not sure I like the reasoning behind it but if you'll enjoy caring for them and loving them, then why not?
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I have so much to do if im to meet my uni offer and exams start in a couple of weeks. I have got my self in such a silly position.

I don't know how to work, I don't know how to get things done, then I feel bad about it. My sleep pattern is messed up so much,.

I want to email my firm choice uni to ask about what they are like if I were to miss my offer (and if they would consider the circumstances that have affected my college work over the last few years). But I just don't know what to ask/say to them

Hi

Have you told your uni choices about what's been happening over the last few years? They're usually quite understanding about things like this. You say exams start in a couple of weeks, but you can get a lot done in that time. Try not to feel bad about not doing enough work in the past - no-one ever does as much as they planned to do. Have you had a go at past exam papers and things like that?

Try and set a waking-up time and then stick to it, even if you're still feeling tired for a while, and then hopefully your sleep pattern should sort itself out on its own.

Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone ends up feeling like this before exams.

:hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry to not replying to people for a while, I've been quite down what with being back at college. Under 7 weeks to go now though.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Nice idea that you've got some bundles of fluff to look after (more info on them needed, including pics :p:), not sure I like the reasoning behind it but if you'll enjoy caring for them and loving them, then why not?
ah the reasoning was that I wanted some pets, but I was worried I might not be around for long to take care of them, then I realised that having to stay alive for them was a positive side of getting them.
plus they were going to be killed, which is why i decided to take them.

i took this pic for the what are you wearing thread so it's not close up at all but here they are in my gerbil dress!
Spoiler:
Show
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ah the reasoning was that I wanted some pets, but I was worried I might not be around for long to take care of them, then I realised that having to stay alive for them was a positive side of getting them.

i took this pic for the what are you wearing thread so it's not close up at all but here they are in my gerbil dress!
Spoiler:
Show
Exactly what pets were made for :yep: And damn, they are too cute in your little pockets! I reckon you should get a rabbit as well, then you can take it for walks and make it jump things (youtube Kanninchenhopp/Danish Rabbit jumping, so funny!) and stuffs

I bought my hamster when my sister left for uni, I'd love to say he helped but I soon grew to hate him when he bite me for the umpteenth time :o: He's a grumpy old fart, bless him!
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)

Oh, join my club :jumphug:
The only difference is, at least you're still going to do your exams, be proud of that. I chickened out :sad:
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
Oh My Gosh, you're so prettiful! :love:
Cute gerbils too (gerbils? Hamsters? Rats?) :rolleyes:
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Exactly what pets were made for :yep: And damn, they are too cute in your little pockets! I reckon you should get a rabbit as well, then you can take it for walks and make it jump things (youtube Kanninchenhopp/Danish Rabbit jumping, so funny!) and stuffs

I bought my hamster when my sister left for uni, I'd love to say he helped but I soon grew to hate him when he bite me for the umpteenth time :o: He's a grumpy old fart, bless him!
yeah i totally wanted a rabbit but you can't really keep one on it's own and I don't have room for two inside. loving the gerbillies though!

those videos are cute ^_^ shame about your grumpy hamster, does he have a suitably grumpy name?

(Original post by Antimatter)
Oh My Gosh, you're so prettiful! :love:
Cute gerbils too (gerbils? Hamsters? Rats?) :rolleyes:
aw thankyou :o:
they're gerbils, just the two
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah i totally wanted a rabbit but you can't really keep one on it's own and I don't have room for two inside. loving the gerbillies though!

those videos are cute ^_^ shame about your grumpy hamster, does he have a suitably grumpy name?

aw thankyou :o:
they're gerbils, just the two
He's called Itsa... Itsa Hamster. :o: My cousin has a house rabbit, she's lovely! Gerbils are a suitable alternative though. :yep:
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My housemates are actually bullying me on Facebook now. I'm actually shaking because of how upset I am.
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't know whether it'll work for anyone else on here, but I've discovered a new motivation for not self harming - getting tattoos! I got one done last week on my left arm, which I think I'm gonna get more added to next week. If I dont self harm I'll be able to get more tattoos are show them off *nods*

How is everyone today?
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
*and show them off
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
My housemates are actually bullying me on Facebook now. I'm actually shaking because of how upset I am.
Hi hannah :hugs:

Can you block them from contacting you on facebook?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fizz*****)
Don't know whether it'll work for anyone else on here, but I've discovered a new motivation for not self harming - getting tattoos! I got one done last week on my left arm, which I think I'm gonna get more added to next week. If I dont self harm I'll be able to get more tattoos are show them off *nods*

How is everyone today?
Sounds cool. Do you have any pictures of it? I have a bit of a fascination with people's tattoos, love looking at them.

I have scars on my arm and considered getting some kind of tattoo to cover them up, I think it'd look ace, my boyfriend doesn't agree, but I'm so indecisive I'd never be able to decide what to get :p:

hannah_dru: what are they doing? Why don't you just delete them from facebook? Internet bullying is pretty low.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
what are they doing? have you let them know how upset you are? if yes then i'd suggest blocking them.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
OMG that's so cute. What have you called them?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
OMG that's so cute What have you called them?
ah i'm stuck between loads of names but the two that seem to be sticking are whitey (because my brother always says "where's whitey?" in reference to the whiter one) and cracker (because i figure if we're being racist anyway we may as well be derogatory to both of them).
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ah i'm stuck between loads of names but the two that seem to be sticking are whitey (because my brother always says "where's whitey?" in reference to the whiter one) and cracker (because i figure if we're being racist anyway we may as well be derogatory to both of them).
lmao. Well, it's unusual :p:
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh Hannah, I'm so sorry. :console:

I hope this doesn't sound patronising or anything but I could report it for you, it's actually related to what I was gonna do a presentation on, I'm a senior cybermentor on the cyberbullying website and one of my 'roles' (I say 'roles' because I haven't actually got round to mentoring anyone) is to report bullying on social networking sites and stuff. Just another option. Of course you could just block them under settings on fb like Jonathan said and if they find a way to bypass that (don't see how they could though) then you could report them. I don't actually know what reporting does though tbh...

And death.drop, awww your gerbils are so cute. I used to have a cat but my mum gave it away It's nice to have something furry to stroke. But I totally understand the rationale behind it, do whatever you can to keep living.

Exams seem to be stressing everyone out. I'm really not ready for them. I think Psychology and English Lit are semi blaggable but Chemistry and Biology? I never learned anything in the first place. Everyone here who has done A levels through depression, how did you manage it? Everyday I feel a combination of 'this is too much for me' and 'I don't care, it's pointless anyway.'

I messed up my GCSEs and now I'm messing up my A levels and there's no chance of me going to university if I mess up again. I thought I'd care more but I don't. I've pretty much given up on my dream and that scares me because I've never really just thrown in the towel like that. My college has this system where they predict you your AS grades so I'm going to have to take a gap year anyway.

But realistically, why would any medical school take me? I can't look after myself let alone other people and my grades are **** already. I feel panicky at the prospect of picking up the phone and calling my voluntary placement so I can start and writing a letter so I can do work experience in summer seems so futile when I might not be around by then. There was a time when all I thought about was medicine but I just can't muster up any passion anymore.
My dad is trying to tell me I can't take a gap year. I'm NOT applying to university when I should because 4 rejections (which are inevitable) will break me and I need to take a break from everything. But then I also know, if I don't apply next year, I'll find it really hard to bother at all.

Sorry about the moaning. You guys are much nicer than the H+R peeps.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads