Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Ah right. Well I did English Literature in Year 9 and got a B, which would have made it 4 B's, but luckily I retook the whole course with a different and brilliant teacher (without it being classified as a retake) and I got an A! Only half a raw mark off an A on both my exams! Though that is a pisstake. What are you going to take for A-Levels?
    I'm taking Maths, Further Maths and all three sciences You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchellshazia)
    I'm taking Maths, Further Maths and all three sciences You?
    Wow! I'm only allowed to take 4, so I'm doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Psycho. I was wondering about self teaching. How do you go about doing that?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I'm only allowed to take 4, so I'm doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Psycho. I was wondering about self teaching. How do you go about doing that?
    Good choices
    I don't know exactly - you could buy the textbooks and enter yourself for the exams at another centre, but I don't really know how you would go about doing that. I self-taught AS Maths this year, but I was given the option by my school and took all the exams at school.

ReputationRep:
    Hey im going to take further maths and i was wondering if it is a good subject to take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terminator95)
    Hey im going to take further maths and i was wondering if it is a good subject to take
    Good if you're great at maths and want to do something maths related in the future

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyHoYolo)
    Yeah well I hope the remarks work for you, and yes for sure I know A-levels mean way more I just don't know how much GCSE matters - Out of my 6 A's I have some that are 4 or 5 ums off but I don't feel it's worth it I'm just really dissapointed with my C in Geography, I was on course for an A and then flopped my last exam, so may redo that to hopefully get an A what are you taking at A-level?
    me too i hope i wanted to do geography alevels but i have to wait now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchellshazia)
    Good choices
    I don't know exactly - you could buy the textbooks and enter yourself for the exams at another centre, but I don't really know how you would go about doing that. I self-taught AS Maths this year, but I was given the option by my school and took all the exams at school.
    Oh right! Thanks then. How would your self teach controlled assessments? And congratulations with your results! What are you planning to do?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got what I needed. Probably not very good to everyone here but its good for me.

4 C's
    1 A
    3 D's
    2 Merits
    1 Pass

ReputationRep:
    Dos anyone know how much OCR remarks cost?

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone, you all seem to have pretty good grades
    I saw on the news that performance in GCSE's had gone down in the past year, I then read a status of which a year 11 had posted on facebook last night saying the following : "I don't care if I did ****, at least I had a social life ahaha", so I think it's people like that are the reason for that, not the TSR community, so once again well done, and good luck in A levels, if you are taking them, please note, there is a considerable jump in both work load and difficulty (for me at least) from GCSE to A level, so bare that in mind. Trust me, it's a lot better to try your best first time in AS than have retakes in A2, takes quite a lot of pressure off

ReputationRep:
    Oh right! Thanks then. How would your self teach controlled assessments? And congratulations with your results! What are you planning to do?
    Hmm, I don't know, but I know people do self-teach A-levels so there must be a way - obviously there are none for Maths so I didn't have this problem. And thanks! I'm not sure exactly, but either Maths or Physics and University You?

ReputationRep:
    For OCR Additional Gateway Science B I got an A at 358 UMS points. I got a* in actual b4,c4,p4 exam at 160 UMS which I think is full UMS marks(?) but got really dragged down by the controlled assessment at 78 UMS and that was a B Is 360 UMS an A*? If it is I'm going to cry haha

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys!

I managed to get 4A*s, 4As & 2Bs.
    A*s - Maths IGCSE, Physics, Stats, Religion
    As - Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Geography, German
    Bs - Business, I.T.

I was wondering - can you can remark I.T. controlled assessments? I'm 3 UMS away from an A. I got an A & A* in the exams, but the Bs in the coursework brought it down. If not, I'll just remark the A paper, and hope for the best.

Also are these on course to do Economics in Uni? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone!

Got 10 A*s and an A in Additional Maths. So pleased and relieved!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motivated)
    For OCR Additional Gateway Science B I got an A at 358 UMS points. I got a* in actual b4,c4,p4 exam at 160 UMS which I think is full UMS marks(?) but got really dragged down by the controlled assessment at 78 UMS and that was a B Is 360 UMS an A*? If it is I'm going to cry haha
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/126278-...-june-2013.pdf According to this (pg 32), it is You might as well get one of your papers remarked then. It can't go down, surely.

ReputationRep:
    I did CIE IGCSE triple science. I got an A* in biology, and an A in chemistry and physics. Im hoping to do medicine at cambridge in the near future. Should I consoder retaking my chemistry to get an A* as chem is a very foothold of medicine and im worried I may be penalised as I only got an A in chem and not an A* whereas many other candidates probably will have and entry into cambridge for med is very competitive. Thoughts and opinions please?

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to see that so many people have done so well and are happy with their results after such a long wait, especially seen as the publicity surrounding this year's GCSE Results has been so negative.

Personally, I achieved 13 A*s! I achieved A*s in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths GCSE, Maths iGCSE, English Language, English Literature, German, Arabic, Computing, History, Religious Studies and Design and Technology: Resistant Materials.

ReputationRep:
    I got A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang so overall: 2A*s 5As and 2Bs. Is that a good set of results because i feel disappointed . I want to go to UCL to study history or philosophy or maybe even classics. Are these results good enough for that? Any replies would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I am over the moon with my results I achieved 1 A*, 4 A's, 4 B's, 2C's and a distinction in ICT. I was only predicted grade C's in everything and for most exceeded this so I am very happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    I got A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang so overall: 2A*s 5As and 2Bs. Is that a good set of results because i feel disappointed . I want to go to UCL to study history or philosophy or maybe even classics. Are these results good enough for that? Any replies would be appreciated
    Most Uni's really don't look at your GCSEs, so I wouldn't worry.

Congrats

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.