Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    An interesting point was raised by Le Grove (not a fan of his myself) He suggested Gazidis went over Wenger's head in signing Welbeck, he deduced this from the fact Wenger hasn't commented on Welbeck transfer.

I'm pretty sure if that were true Wenger would resign.

Somebody else also said that Wenger wanted to sign Welbeck on loan but the board preferred a permanent deal and insisted on that
    That is good if he only he forced the move for Carvalho. Can you imagine it took our board to force the Welbeck move once again more dithering from Arsene. Can't seem to make up his mind, why would you want a loan? What if Welbeck does well, Man Utd suddenly want him back. I actually don't mind Welbeck but I'm just annoyed at the circumstance of the signing. Anyways enough complaining....just get behind the lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    That is good if he only he forced the move for Carvalho. Can you imagine it took our board to force the Welbeck move once again more dithering from Arsene. Can't seem to make up his mind, why would you want a loan? What if Welbeck does well, Man Utd suddenly want him back. I actually don't mind Welbeck but I'm just annoyed at the circumstance of the signing. Anyways enough complaining....just get behind the lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps Wenger wanted a stopgap until January or the next summer window?

I agree, though: there's no point in having Welbeck on loan, only for him to benefit from the club and return the Utd - either sign him or don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Carvalho would have been a excellent signing at around £20M-£25M. Very highly rated from what I read about him I honestly don't know went on with that deal I'm even sure about our interest in him was real as Arsenal generally stay away from players with third party owned players. Drop a £20M Schneiderlin in Jan? Then again I don't think Wenger is actually interested in a DM

I always thought Arteta at DM was going to a temporary solution for surprise Song leaving disappointed a proper DM hasn't been brought in. We are the Arsenal, We shouldn't have to graft in key positions. Judge Wenger in May I guess.

Yeah I agree let's get behind the lads and take it one game at a time. Looking forward to seeing Welbeck I hope he take his chance. We really need to step up on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    So Rabiot isn't even going to Roma....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    So Rabiot isn't even going to Roma....
    Lol I swear you didn't even want him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Lol I swear you didn't even want him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Initially no because I thought we were in for a real holding midfielder. Turns out we weren't and by deadline day I would have taken anyone
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge out, Welbeck may start tonight, gonna be hawk eyeing him like nobody's business. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Sturridge out, Welbeck may start tonight, gonna be hawk eyeing him like nobody's business. :cool:
    Welbeck will touch the ball and someone will do a two foot lung on him :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Welbeck will touch the ball and someone will do a two foot lung on him :rolleyes:.
    Still bitter about Agger injuring Wilshere?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    If anyone of Aoc/Wilsh/welbs gets injured I swear down Kruz, I'll go mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Still bitter about Agger injuring Wilshere?
    Nah lol, I'm just making a joke about the Arsenal injury curse. That was ages ago Wilsh has recovered anyway.

If anyone of Aoc/Wilsh/welbs gets injured I swear down Kruz, I'll go mad.
    Me too, I will cry that means Sanogo. Sanogo is so weird, because when you look at his record for the French youth teams he has a good record.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Nah lol, I'm just making a joke about the Arsenal injury curse. That was ages ago Wilsh has recovered anyway.

Me too, I will cry that means Sanogo. Sanogo is so weird, because when you look at his record for the French youth teams he has a good record.
    Exactly. When we were getting him I did the usual 'look at the YouTube clips' thing and he looked good. Different competition, different level I guess. He will get better I'm sure but right now we need the teacher not the student.

ReputationRep:
    The likes of Arturo Lupoli must be kicking himself looking at the opportunities a player of Sanogo's abilities is getting when they had to compete with quality players for a place in the Carling Cup sides...

ReputationRep:
    Reus out for 4 weeks. It's a shame such a class player is going to be missing but it's a good boost for us away at Dortmund barring we don't any injuries ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Reus miss the last fixtures, or..??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Didn't Reus miss the last fixtures, or..??
    I think he did, seriously January Arsene should just throw £48m at Dortmund for Reus. Test their resolve again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Gibbs going to be back for this weekend ?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Why are we the only club doing that gay promotion ad or whatever? It's embarrassing/cringy tbh, we're such a childish club sometimes especially when you hear the tone of the Arsenal twitter account. Why aren't Chelsea/manutd/city or lfc players doing it etc? And why is welbeck still on the twitter header it's been ages now, we get it, we've signed him.

ReputationRep:
    Why are we the only club doing that gay promotion ad or whatever? It's embarrassing/cringy tbh, we're such a childish club sometimes especially when you hear the tone of the Arsenal twitter account. Why aren't Chelsea/manutd/city players doing it etc? And why is welbeck still on the twitter header it's been ages now, we get it, we've signed him.
    Why is it embarrassing that our club is doing something to help kick homophobia out of football?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Pink)
    Why is it embarrassing that our club is doing something to help kick homophobia out of football?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not the context of the ad or the reason behind it but the way it's done. It's cringe. Why aren't other clubs participating? See the reaction on twitter and you'll see what I mean.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.