Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    If Mane is your marquee striker signing, there's no chance you're getting top 4. Klopp will have the same problems under this cursed transfer committee.
    As The Joker said, the credible journalists are reporting this as a 100% Klopp signing and not the committee. And Klopp is a close friend of Ralf Rangnick who was Salzburg's sporting director when they signed Mane. And I doubt he'll play striker, most Liverpool fans are happy with Sturridge, Origi and Ings as the strikers; Mane will probably directly replace Lallana in a 4-2-3-1.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Klopp's targeted Mane for a while, yeah. This is his signing. It's clear Dahoud (if it comes off), Matip and Karius are too.

Mane will fit comfortably in a 4-2-3-1, so that's obviously our formation. Klopp is clearly happy with his striking options. I wouldn't be surprised if we begin the season with Benteke still on our books, to be honest. We need pace and width in behind them, though, and with Ibe regressing in recent months, Mane is a welcome addition.

I wonder if there's a future for Markovic, too. I hope so.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    As The Joker said, the credible journalists are reporting this as a 100% Klopp signing and not the committee. And Klopp is a close friend of Ralf Rangnick who was Salzburg's sporting director when they signed Mane. And I doubt he'll play striker, most Liverpool fans are happy with Sturridge, Origi and Ings as the strikers; Mane will probably directly replace Lallana in a 4-2-3-1.
    Yeah, Mané will be like Firmino in the sense that he could play striker when required but generally won't do.

Our striker options next season look great though:

Sturridge
    Origi
    Ings
    Firmino (if needed)
    Mané (if needed)

I am extremely happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    Mane is a decent signing. He's got good pace and dribbling ability, he's not that far off being a top player, its really just a case of his shooting.

You are certainly are going to worry a lot of teams on the break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Mane is a decent signing. He's got good pace and dribbling ability, he's not that far off being a top player, its really just a case of his shooting.

Yeah I agree; he either has a game where everything he does turns to gold or he struggles in front of goal. Either way, he's getting himself in to the right positions which is a great sign.

There's no way Klopp would've bought his first big signing without being confident he'd be able to do something big.

Next season we can focus solely on the league; I expect us to be much better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Crystal Palace are interested in Benteke, we asking £30m for him. Would be nice if we can recoup that much for him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Yeah, Mané will be like Firmino in the sense that he could play striker when required but generally won't do.

Sturridge
    Origi
    Ings
    Firmino (if needed)
    Mané (if needed)

All fantastic options - and it's clear, when you take him out of the equation, that Mane is needed. He offers blistering pace. Firmino's isn't slow, but when he's the quickest of the three behind the striker, it's clear we're lacking on the pace front.

We'll likely still have Benteke too, to be honest.
    (Original post by Fizzel)

"On the break" is the key part of that post. Spot on. That's clearly when we're best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Crystal Palace are interested in Benteke, we asking £30m for him. Would be nice if we can recoup that much for him.
    Well Crystal Palace offered more than 30mil for Michy Batshuayi..

ReputationRep:
    Great, Crystal Palace are bad enough as our bogey team, giving them Benteke is a confirmation of our annual 6 point donation to Palace...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Great, Crystal Palace are bad enough as our bogey team, giving them Benteke is a confirmation of our annual 6 point donation to Palace...
    Look at it like this - we lose to Palace anyway so why not sell them Benteke for a very decent price (essentially making him a "swap" for Mané)?

I feel like Benteke would prosper at Palace and recreate his Villa form there. He was never gonna work here so I don't mind if he does well elsewhere tbh

ReputationRep:
    Looking back on all our big money signings, hardly any of them set the team on fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Haha wouldn't be surprising. But if the sale pretty much funds Mane then we've done well enough in that our squad is much improved.

(Original post by TaintedLight)
    Looking back on all our big money signings, hardly any of them set the team on fire.
    Tbh we've had a below par hit ratio of good transfers for a long time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dahoud set to stay in Germany for another season, in a bid to "continue his development".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Sturridge
    Origi
    Ings
    Firmino (if needed)
    Mané (if needed)

#ThrowbackThursday

(Original post by Lúcio)
    So now we have Sturridge and Balotelli with lambert and borini as back up.
    Damn that's good

Any arsenal fans wanna comment on their strikers?
    Didn't think so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    #ThrowbackThursday
    lol was gonna quote this the other day, Puke has said this every season

ReputationRep:
    Watford have signed out-of-contract Liverpool striker Jerome Sinclair on a five-year deal.

The clubs have come to an agreement which will see the Merseysiders receive about £4m in compensation as a development fee applies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    lol was gonna quote this the other day, Puke has said this every season
    brb next season "so our strikers are Origi and Cameron Jerome with Ings as back up? Damn that's good"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    brb next season "so our strikers are Origi and Cameron Jerome with Ings as back up? Damn that's good"
    "Any Barça fans wanna talk about their strikers? Didn't think so..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    #ThrowbackThursday
    Dat stalking game tho

Does FK teach you his skills when you go round to his after school? x

ReputationRep:
    lol

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.