Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's not the worst of it: Sorry for the late reply but I went to call my mum in the garden because of it and they locked me out. I had to climb through next door's fence and use their spare key. How low is that?! With the facebook situation: I put as my status that I wanted to go home and one of the girls sarcastically pressed the "like" button.

Need to go back to work now because I'm behind.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
That's not the worst of it: Sorry for the late reply but I went to call my mum in the garden because of it and they locked me out. I had to climb through next door's fence and use their spare key. How low is that?! With the facebook situation: I put as my status that I wanted to go home and one of the girls sarcastically pressed the "like" button.

Need to go back to work now because I'm behind.
:eek: They sound absolutely awful!

Can you not do something about them? I don't know what? Move out perhaps if they're being so nasty. You probably have a contract but if maybe you explain to the landlord that they're really hurting you he might let you off provided you fill the room?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
:eek: They sound absolutely awful!

Can you not do something about them? I don't know what? Move out perhaps if they're being so nasty. You probably have a contract but if maybe you explain to the landlord that they're really hurting you he might let you off provided you fill the room?
I was gonna speak to them but was in hysterics round the neighbours for a while. We decided that if I ignore it so they can't say that I swore at them or whatever, she'd phone the landlord and tell him in case it gets worse. If it carries on over the next week (I've got a month left but I've got these projects in for next Fri and exams) that I'll contact uni to see if they've got anywhere I can live and I'll pay the next 2 months rent and move out.

Really doesn't do a lot to help when you're relapsing!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
I was gonna speak to them but was in hysterics round the neighbours for a while. We decided that if I ignore it so they can't say that I swore at them or whatever, she'd phone the landlord and tell him in case it gets worse. If it carries on over the next week (I've got a month left but I've got these projects in for next Fri and exams) that I'll contact uni to see if they've got anywhere I can live and I'll pay the next 2 months rent and move out.

Really doesn't do a lot to help when you're relapsing!
Hannah, are your flatmates students at Aston as well? If so, then you should report them.

:hugs:
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sian_bedford)
Hi all. Well they sound like lovely people hannah_dru. I am sorry your in a horrible living situation. I'd just ignore it, it says more about them than it does about you.

My days just keep getting worse and worse. Usually at college I can bottle things up, but today I couldn't. I spent the entire day trying not to burst into tears. I can't really talk to anyone, because the few experiences I have had of talking to people they become really worried and scared.

I feel like a burden on people and that people may say they care but they actually don't. I am so scared to say how I really feel and what my thoughts etc are

My GP has been of no help at all so far, so I don't see much point in telling him just how bad I have become. I struggle to bring myself to close my eyes, let alone sleep.

I have just had enough!!
I know what that feels like. Could you change GP? It isn't right that he isn't helping you. Please try and stay stong hun, keep posting here every hour if you need to. Maybe try to get out of the house and go for a walk if you can face it? Please don't be alone when you feel the way you do.

hannah_dru, ****, that sounds awful. :console:
Why are they being so petty and unkind? Don't they realise they're making your depression worse? Don't they care? I'm not usually violent but people like that just need to be slapped imo. It's good that you have a plan and you know what you need to do. Don't let them break you, they aren't worth it.

Michal xx
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ARGH!!!!!!!! I am soooooo angry!!!!!!!

my cousin had the cheek to ask me to pick her up from her friend's house at 9pm. i said that was a bit late as im absolutely shattered but i said it was ok because i couldn't say no and she had no other way of getting home as i had her daughter's car seat. then she text me at 7.30pm and said could i pick her up then. so i went to her friend's house and she stands there and tells me that her friend, her friend's daughter and her friend's cat are going back to her house too. so i said firstly there isn't enough room in the car as i had my sister with me already and secondly i wasn't having animals in my car. then she got all annoyed with me saying that the cat is in labour and it will cost £800 for a vet but her friend could deliver the kittens if she got the cat to flitwick. i still said no as i couldn't fit everyone in the car so my cousin has ignored me the whole way home and has said that i've cost her friend £800 blah blah blah.

well i'm sorry, but i'm not prepared to overload my car as that invalidates my insurance and i could get fined, get to flitwick, wait around for these kittens to be born at **** knows what hour, drive her friend, her friend's daughter and the kittens back to her house in bedford and then go home. i have work to do, i feel really ill and just no :mad2:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Public transport perhaps? Trust me, if your cousin has to get the bus a few times she'll soon appreciate you picking her up.
The cat was in labour, it is not like her friend was in labour, I don't understand people's relationships with their pets. Surely there must have been another way for your cousins friend to get there. Your cousin will get over it, it was rather sly of her not to ask beforehand.
Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Thanks for the support That's cheered me up. I just keep saying to myself, had my cousin not been at her friend's house, the friend would have had to pay for a vet anyway. Plus I don't want a cat giving birth in my new car which I only cleaned today! It would distract me from driving. And the cost of my car insurance had anything happened to us would have gone sky high and I'd have lost my license and that's not something I'm willing to do.

How are you today? I'm Liz btw, don't think we've met! Hi :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel so so ****.
special1ne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel so so ****.
What's up?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi liz, I'm Sian. I am new to this group, and very pleased I found it.
See I never understand this, even when I am relly down I can cheer other people up but not myself
Yeah, it isn't worth stressing over. I think it would be rather disturbing seeing a cat in labour.
I have had another rough day, couldn't bottle stuff up at school and then people keep asking what is up etc and it gets too much. Only a few weeks left though, then exams, summer holidays, uni ahhh it is just one thing after another.
Well at least I helped a little :hugs:
I can understand that you're going through a rough time at the minute. Leaving school and going to uni was so so hard for me. I felt completely lost after I'd spent years thinking that it was all so exciting and then when it came to it, it was a huge anti-climax. The only thing I can say is that you're not alone. Thousands of others are going through the same thing and you won't be the only school leaver this June who is suffering from depression. Unfortunately, not all of them are on here so you may feel like you're on your own, but you're not. (I hope that comes across the right way...it's meant to make you feel less lonely, not as if I'm looking down on you. Sorry if it comes out wrong :o: ).

I also hate people asking how I am. I don't like burdening people with my problems. I end up feeling really open and scared.

What uni are you going to and what course are you taking? Are you going away over the summer?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel so so ****.
Saber my dear, long time no speak! :hugs: What is up sweetie? Last time we spoke you were feeling a little bit better. Have things gone downhill? :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am here if you want to talk? Feel free to PM me if you wish. Let it all out :hugs:
Thanks...but I don't even know what's wrong, I just keep crying, I had to leave a lecture today as I was crying, I wish I wasn't here, I keep thinking how few people would turn up at my funeral if I died compared to how many came to the funeral of someone I loved. Keep thinking it should have been me not him. Facebook annoys me, all them people from school who add you but then don't say anything ever and really don't give a **** about you just use you to boost their number of "friends". I'm a no one, I'll never achieve anything, just always failure, I'm about to fail university for the third time, I see absolutely no future I just don't know why I bother. I'm rambling now. I'm sorry. Now I'm crying again.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Saber my dear, long time no speak! :hugs: What is up sweetie? Last time we spoke you were feeling a little bit better. Have things gone downhill? :hugs:
Thanks for the hugs. Yeah, my "recovery" lasted about 3 or 4 weeks, best thing to ever happen to me, but now I'm back down and it's even worse because I've had that taste of freedom, stupid meds have stopped working I think. :mad: Everything's up.

You probably did the right thing today btw, not taking the cat and over loading your car, you acted really responsibly, sorry if this sounds patronising it's not meant to, don't blame yourself because like you say she would have had to take the cat anyway.

Kittens are so cute though...:o:
looosey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys,

Antidepressants have been helping, but the depression's still there, just suppressed. Been having quite strong urges to hurt myself for a couple of days. I've never done that, and I know it would only make things worse. I think I know how to stop myself doing it, I just don't know how to stop myself wanting to. I don't think I can tell anyone except my counsellor.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's okay :hugs: I almost had to leave lessons due to tears today. I have similar thoughts, today I was just at college and looking around thinking nothing would be different if I wasn't here, and life is so rubbish why don't I just go. Try to remember the few that do matter. Your true friends, the ones you can say anything to and they will always love you :hugs:
That's exactly it. I'm glad I'm not alone but I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat. I doubt anyone in my lectures would notice if I never turned up again, or if they did it'd be "where's that weirdo who always sits by herself, thank **** she's gone" and that's being generous.

That's part of the problem, I actually don't have any true friends. I'm completely useless socially, it's like I have a big sign on my forehead saying "does not mix well with others". I have a boyfriend (god only knows how) but he tends to get angry when I say what I truly feel so I don't but then I end up randomly bursting into tears like today.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can say how you truely feel to me. I know I am not a true friend, but I won't be angry at you. I have thought so many disturbing thoughts recently, that I have come to the conclusion that nothing can shock me anymore.
People at my college know me, so always ask if I am okay, I ended up yelling at one of my closest friends. "Everyone keeps asking if I am okay, you don't care about why and it is obvious I am not so why bother asking". I don't think she will ask again
Thanks, I might have to take you up on that offer some time.

That must be well frustrating having everyone ask after you when it's clear actually they don't care, I can see why you'd eventually shout. But if they're a friend they should understand, right?
special1ne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can say how you truely feel to me. I know I am not a true friend, but I won't be angry at you. I have thought so many disturbing thoughts recently, that I have come to the conclusion that nothing can shock me anymore.
Too right, disturbing thoughts are a norm for me to have (everyday without fail since I can remember). It's worse when people I know or friends get involved into those thoughts. To be honest, only one person actually cares about how I feel and helps me out and stuff. The rest are just pretending or they have no idea how it feels to be miserable all the time.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm struggling. Again. I have never hated anyone so much in my life.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
I'm struggling. Again. I have never hated anyone so much in my life.
Want to talk, NIY? :hugs:
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Want to talk, NIY? :hugs:
Thanks :hugs: but I think I'll just go to bed and sleep through it. Hopefully it'll be better in the morning.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads