Order placed for AC3.

edit: :rofl:

*absinthe*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
I can't believe they're still offering 10gb a month, it's pathetic! Go with O2, they're really awesome...and despite all the BS that Talktalk come out with (which lets face it, if there was a BSing event in the Olympics they would take gold easily), O2 has the lowest complaints per 1000 out of all the providers...and it's so cheap
we're with 02 at home and on the maximum tariff yet get regular emails saying that we're using more than the fair usage policy and that if we carry on we'll get cut off so we're switching probably to bt as we can't get virgin in our area yet.
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Osama Bin Laden (PSNID: OBLTehSnipez) should have changed his address after PSN got hacked...
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
Osama Bin Laden (PSNID: OBLTehSnipez) should have changed his address after PSN got hacked...
:rofl: glad they got him in the end, thogh i wanted him alive!
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hahaha. Just read this on my mate's facebook status:

See what the American army are capable of when the PSN is down!
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
is anyone here to offer me some ebay help please
AugustWestie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *absinthe*)
we're with 02 at home and on the maximum tariff yet get regular emails saying that we're using more than the fair usage policy and that if we carry on we'll get cut off so we're switching probably to bt as we can't get virgin in our area yet.
If you're struggling with O2's fair usage policy, BT is the last company you want to switch to.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AugustWestie)
If you're struggling with O2's fair usage policy, BT is the last company you want to switch to.
do you know much abut selling on ebay
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
do you know much abut selling on ebay

What do you need?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i listed this item last night - admittidley a little drunk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

someone has messaged me who has 100% positive feedback with a score of 815 saying

now they're either taking the piss because i put it up for too much money or are trying to scam me right
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i listed this item last night - admittidley a little drunk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

someone has messaged me who has 100% positive feedback with a score of 815 saying

now they're either taking the piss because i put it up for too much money or are trying to scam me right
Yes, definitely ignore him or reply with an equally smart-ass answer, "Are you sure you can afford that kind of money?". Speaking as someone who has lost their powerseller badge due to inactivity I never, ever pull the item from an auction if I haven't spoken to them on the phone. He's definitely taking the piss or an idiot given that it's £189.99 on Play.com

But yeah, for future notice, it's best not to do deals with anyone until you've spoken with them on the phone, only sell it cash-in-hand and pull the item from auction en-route to meeting place (or after exchange).

There's my two cents
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Never trade via email on ebay, you get no seller's protection. Fine if you go through the sell/buy through a listing.

Edit:
Is that who I think it is thats bidded on your listing? :rofl:

jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spikeymike)
Never trade via email on ebay, you get no seller's protection. Fine if you go through the sell/buy through a listing.

Edit:
:shh: lol! they were offering ridiculous money tbh so i new they were taking the piss in some fashion
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hedger)
Yes, definitely ignore him or reply with an equally smart-ass answer, "Are you sure you can afford that kind of money?". Speaking as someone who has lost their powerseller badge due to inactivity I never, ever pull the item from an auction if I haven't spoken to them on the phone. He's definitely taking the piss or an idiot given that it's £189.99 on Play.com

But yeah, for future notice, it's best not to do deals with anyone until you've spoken with them on the phone, only sell it cash-in-hand and pull the item from auction en-route to meeting place (or after exchange).

There's my two cents

Edit:
they just replied saying

Lol Check my feedback score. i have bought and sold on eBay for years now. i am sure to send Payment as soon as you get back to me with your PayPal email
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they just replied saying
i've done this before however, we agreed a price i then changed the listing to buy it now at the price we agreed and did it that way so it was still under ebay and the seller protection.
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AugustWestie)
don't know which one tbh cos we've had major problems with 02. When we were on AOL we never got anything like that it was just too damn slow.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *absinthe*)
i've done this before however, we agreed a price i then changed the listing to buy it now at the price we agreed and did it that way so it was still under ebay and the seller protection.
thats what i just suggested, if they agree to this then i am really confused - why would you offer me > twice the price

first people on here with bodmas
now someone on ebay - am i loosing the plot :dontknow:
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they just replied saying

Haha, I still don't believe him.

In fact, to entertain him, ask for a few extra quid and you'll set up a new buy-it-now listing for that amount. Then he can purchase it through eBay, you'll end the other listing early and it's happy days. Of course, don't actually do it if he agrees... but that's your call. You're covered under seller protection but of course if he doesn't buy it, you've lost the listing fee!

spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
thats what i just suggested, if they agree to this then i am really confused - why would you offer me > twice the price

first people on here with bodmas
now someone on ebay - am i loosing the plot :dontknow:
Yes because you spelt losing wrong! :mad::p::o::confused::eek:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes because you spelt losing wrong! :mad::p::o::confused::eek:
:pierre:

bin laden is dead - "i didn't realise they took bins out on a bank holiday"

:rofl:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (75)
13.86%
Yes - a food allergy (58)
10.72%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.77%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.77%
No (378)
69.87%

Watched Threads