Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
    Well done to everyone, you all seem to have pretty good grades
    I saw on the news that performance in GCSE's had gone down in the past year, I then read a status of which a year 11 had posted on facebook last night saying the following : "I don't care if I did ****, at least I had a social life ahaha", so I think it's people like that are the reason for that, not the TSR community, so once again well done, and good luck in A levels, if you are taking them, please note, there is a considerable jump in both work load and difficulty (for me at least) from GCSE to A level, so bare that in mind. Trust me, it's a lot better to try your best first time in AS than have retakes in A2, takes quite a lot of pressure off
    Most of us worked really hard and TSR was a big help for me The reason the GCSE results have gone down is that there's been a big increase in people being entered into GCSEs early, and they tend to get worse grades.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got 7a*'s, then 3a's (an A in maths (3 UMS off A* - let down only by my first exam (1st module) which I took when I was 14), then A in art, and A in English lang (which I plan to retake for A*). I also got full UMS on my r.s. exam, full ums on both French exams, and full ums on 1 module of my bio, chem and physics exams. I go to a private school for girls, and ive been there for 3 yrs, after coming from a public school. I REALLY want to study medicine, do you think my grades are enough to get in to Cambridge/Oxford? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got:
    English Lang - A*
    English Lit - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    History - A*
    Maths - A
    RE (short course) - A*
    Dida year 1 - B
    Dida year 2 - A
    Applied Business - B

I want to study medicine (preferably in Cardiff), but I am a bit concerned. This is because I know many universities don't accept applied business, nor my 2 Dida qualifications which replace ICT. In addition, I'm pleased with my RE result but it's a short course and yet again, I know lots of uni's, like Cardiff, don't accept short courses.
    Discarding my business,dida's and RE, have I got enough to work with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I received nine A* in English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double Award Science, RS, French, Latin and Music (:eek:). And an A in the FSMQ

Happy doesn't begin to cover it.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me? In my latin GCSE i was 1 UMS mark away from an A* (grrrr) and i want to only get 2 of my modules remarked. Is that allowed or when you remark do you have to get all papers remarked? Any replies appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I got my Maths results earlier this year, I did both Edexcel Linear and AQA Modular and achieved a C in both!. Does this mean I get two GCSE's or am I only allowed to use one?

Also they didn't show up on my results slip this results day and because I got the results in April I don't have anything to prove I got them! My edexcel one is on the results online thing but will I have to wait for my certificates to come to prove I got the C's? Or is there another way of proving I passed before hand?

Thanks for your help in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curcuitcities)
    Well done guys!

I managed to get 4A*s, 4As & 2Bs.
    A*s - Maths IGCSE, Physics, Stats, Religion
    As - Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Geography, German
    Bs - Business, I.T.

I was wondering - can you can remark I.T. controlled assessments? I'm 3 UMS away from an A. I got an A & A* in the exams, but the Bs in the coursework brought it down. If not, I'll just remark the A paper, and hope for the best.

Also are these on course to do Economics in Uni? Cheers
    Very well done, from my experience you can get IT controlled assessments remarked.

Which uni's were you thinking of studying Economics at ?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me? In my latin GCSE i was 1 UMS mark away from an A* (grrrr) and i want to only get 2 of my modules remarked. Is that allowed or when you remark do you have to get all papers remarked? Any replies appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    you just get individual papers remarked rather than the subject as a whole, so to answer your question yes you could just get 1 or 2 papers remarked

ReputationRep:
    Our school really screwed us over in regards to control assessments, I got 89,90 and 100 ums in my bio exams, and cos of my CA I only got an A overall :/, because our school decided to mark us 'extra harshly'. The same occurred with economics and spanish, and it really isnt fair :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Could you guys possibly check out this thread for me? I'd appreciate it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2441866

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Most of us worked really hard and TSR was a big help for me The reason the GCSE results have gone down is that there's been a big increase in people being entered into GCSEs early, and they tend to get worse grades.
    Yes, I did hear that, but I thought that that status represented some of attitudes of those taking GCSE's, in every generation. TSR was a big help through my A levels. Yes I can see, well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    Very well done, from my experience you can get IT controlled assessments remarked.

Which uni's were you thinking of studying Economics at ?
    Thanks man
    Of course, Cambridge if possible. That's if I manage to beast A-Level
    If not, I'm looking at London School of Econ & UCL.
    Btw for A-Levels, I'm doing Maths, Physics, Economics & History.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did hear that, but I thought that that status represented some of attitudes of those taking GCSE's, in every generation. TSR was a big help through my A levels. Yes I can see, well done!
    There are always some 'don't give a ****' people...my friend's one of them. I just hope their GCSEs give them enough of a shock that they'll get rid of their apathy before they wreck their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curcuitcities)
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/126278-...-june-2013.pdf According to this (pg 32), it is You might as well get one of your papers remarked then. It can't go down, surely.
    Omg Would they remark my controlled assessment?

ReputationRep:
    There are always some 'don't give a ****' people...my friend's one of them. I just hope their GCSEs give them enough of a shock that they'll get rid of their apathy before they wreck their lives.
    Same. What are you doing for A level then?

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in edexcel maths (Mathematics A (linear) option H) but haven't been told my ums marks? Is this just something that edexcel does, or should I have my mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same. What are you doing for A level then?
    Biology, Psychology, Philosophy, Maths and Lit you?

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Psychology, Philosophy, Maths and Lit you?
    I have completed my A levels, I am hopefully doing a BSc in Biomedical Science at Aston University
    5 subjects, that should be hefty but easily manageable if you're good at organisation i guess The only one i took out of the selection was Biology, which is awesome, but there is a very large volume of content to learn for the exams!

ReputationRep:
    I have completed my A levels, I am hopefully doing a BSc in Biomedical Science at Aston University
    5 subjects, that should be hefty but easily manageable if you're good at organisation i guess The only one i took out of the selection was Biology, which is awesome, but there is a very large volume of content to learn for the exams!
    Ah, that's awesome I know it'll be a big workload but I love the subjects and I've done well in them so I hope it'll turn out alright That's the one I'm most scared of! Good thing is, I have a photographic fact memory which should help

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.