Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    50m for Torress is highly admirable I must admit. Easily a GOAT transfer. And thieving players from other clubs as well. I probably should apologise for doubting your faultess opinion.
    They've just sold luiz for 50m mata for 38 de bruyne for 22

We sold nasri 22, fabregas 29, van persie 24

They put us to shame they've bought brilliantly this window as well they took a punt on world class talent like Torres that's why they compete at the highest level and we don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    3.5 years ago. Since that fiasco we've been pretty good in transfer dealings, the past year in particular we've done better transfer dealings than Arsenal personally.

You dithered about for 3 months and bought a luxury signing that you didn't need while we've actually bought players that were required for the team. So I agree with BaconButty.
    I must've forgotten the striker you bought last summer and how you didn't dither about either and steal players from the nose of others.

That luxury signing wasn't done in a day btw.

But of course, we are only ever allowed to pick a timescale to **** on arsenal and ignore everything else. Wouldn't help with the arsenal circle jerk otherwise.

Haram meat is never wrong. I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Baconbutty clearly the dupe of a Chelsea supporter. Always thought it was Jam, but now he's having a conversation with himself if so..I don't know what to believe :pierre:
    BaconButty is quite clearly an Arsenal fan, may have a soft spot for City since a lot of his favourite players play for them.

Why would anybody think I'm BaconButty? I don't even troll Arsenal fans any more as it's clearly a case of kicking them while they're down if I'm winding them up so to say that I deliberately have another account just to pretend I'm an Arsenal supporter is quite shocking to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Dam it Arsene. Why can't you splash out your oil money on transfers like the all mighty Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Admiration for Chelsea? Devaluing Arsenal's FA cup win? baconbutty is obviously not an Arsenal supporter. I honestly don't know is more stupid baconbutty himself or the people who agree with him and his anti Arsenal drivel
    I'm an idiot for saying we need to show ambition and improve. This moron here is why we will never achieve greatness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Dam it Arsene. Why can't you splash out your oil money on transfers like the all mighty Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or maybe just some of that 160m in the bank would do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I must've forgotten the striker you bought last summer and how you didn't dither about either and steal players from the nose of others.

That luxury signing wasn't done in a day btw.

But of course, we are only ever allowed to pick a timescale to **** on arsenal and ignore everything else. Wouldn't help with the arsenal circle jerk otherwise.

Haram meat is never wrong. I agree.
    You know that signing that was free and because there was no value in the market for a world class striker at the time(Higuain not good enough, Cavani 50M, Falcao 47M). :yy:

We didn't dither in the summer window, we asked for Wayne Rooney, they didn't budge so we went for Eto'o for free.

Always the victim
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I'm an idiot for saying we need to show ambition and improve. This moron here is why we will never achieve greatness
    The way I see it as a fan of football is that Wenger needs to stop being this idealist that trusting players and youth will pay off in the trophy haul. There were excuses until last season, he won a trophy so fair enough but he could have won the PL with a striker in Jan and this year all the other teams are stronger.

You'll come top 4 no doubt though. Arsene said himself that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe just some of that 160m in the bank would do
    Nonsense spend the whole 160m and sell off 5 of our starting players then maybe we will have 200m to spend and can buy a squad like City's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They've just sold luiz for 50m mata for 38 de bruyne for 22

We sold nasri 22, fabregas 29, van persie 24.
    They put us to shame they've bought brilliantly this window as well they took a punt on world class talent like Torres that's why they compete at the highest level and we don't
    Nasri £24m, Fabregas ended up as £34m this very week after Barca payed up remaining conditional clauses.And if you want to talk about selling well then just run through some of Wenger's greatest hits from Overmars, through to Adebayor all the way to Song. He's mugged off so many clubs :laugh:

Put us to shame? You mean picking up a player who we rejected and who continues to wistfully talk about Arsenal in press conferences :laugh:

Diego Costa is at least as likely to flop as he is to succeed.

That David Luiz transfer isnt any kind of genius anyway, either Chelsea/PSG are cooking the books or its just a case of getting lucky. Newcastle got £35m for Carroll but I wouldnt say it was through any particular genius :laugh:

We cant compare ourselves to the plastic clubs, they dont have to behave like proper clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Nonsense spend the whole 160m and sell off 5 of our starting players then maybe we will have 200m to spend and can buy a squad like City's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What? Stop posting complete and utter drivel. We have 160m in the bank. More than every single premier league club combined it's an absolute ****ing joke that it never gets spent and don't let your agenda towards me convince you otherwise

ReputationRep:
    You know that signing that was free and because there was no value in the market for a world class striker at the time(Higuain not good enough, Cavani 50M, Falcao 47M). :yy:

We didn't dither in the summer window, we asked for Wayne Rooney, they didn't budge so we went for Eto'o for free.

Always the victim
    Isn't it ADM.

Lol at the bold part though. Suarez anyone?

ReputationRep:
    What? Stop posting complete and utter drivel. We have 160m in the bank. More than every single premier league club combined it's an absolute ****ing joke that it never gets spent and don't let your agenda towards me convince you otherwise
    Here we go again with the victim card

For the record I don't deny that we should be spending a lot more of the 160m.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Nasri £24m, Fabregas ended up as £34m this very week after Barca payed up remaining conditional clauses.

Put us to shame? You mean picking up a player who we rejected and who continues to wistfully talk about Arsenal in press conferences :laugh:

Diego Costa is at least as likely to flop as he is to succeed.

That David Luiz transfer isnt any kind of genius anyway, either Chelsea/PSG are cooking the books or its just a case of getting lucky. Newcastle got £35m for Carroll but I wouldnt say it was through any particular genius :laugh:

We cant compare ourselves to the plastic clubs, they dont have to behave like proper clubs.
    Fabregas was a 50m player absolute joke.

Nasri at least 30

Don't try and ****ing devalue costa he's twice the player giroud is and bragging about rejecting fabregas? Let's see the smirk on your face next season when arteta is putting in championship performances next season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Isn't it ADM.

Lol at the bold part though. Suarez anyone?
    Here's the thing though. You didn't actually attempt to buy a striker and decided to turn your attentions to Nicky B.

We went and bought a striker because he was clearly needed.

But I guess it's the same thing just because it suits your point. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas was a 50m player absolute joke.

Nasri at least 30

Don't try and ****ing devalue costa he's twice the player giroud is and bragging about rejecting fabregas? Let's see the smirk on your face next season when arteta is putting in championship performances next season
    You'll be laughing though?

KTBFFH innit mate

And if Cesc is a £50m player, how come his last 2 transfers have been for just over half that? And how come there was a whopping 1 club in for him at £27m? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Here's the thing though. You didn't actually attempt to buy a striker and decided to turn your attentions to Nicky B.

We did buy a striker in fairness to wenger he just hasn't actually scored a goal yet

ReputationRep:
    It's actually amazing how a club that's so terrible was the only one to know about Suarez's clause.

ReputationRep:
    **** almost at 500 pages

This thread has burned through quick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What's the better babyjet track? Do do dance or african girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    It's actually amazing how a club that's so terrible was the only one to know about Suarez's clause.
    How can you know about Suarez' clause and still not get your man?

Don't talk about john Henry blah blah, if you wanted to you could have taken them to court for them not respecting the release clause but Arsene decided not to.

Essentially you managed to actually get the money for your man and still not manage to get him. :lol:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.