Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Is it overpriced as hell?

Tbh I find the best value for money place in terms of being qualitative and quantitative that's not the asian chicken and chips shop to be burger king. Get big tasty burgers for a decent price and I'm always full from a large meal, can't say the same for McDs.
    It's incredibly overpriced, almost as if they've kept the American prices and just changed $ to £.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Puts everything into perspective really. I thought I had problems with university deadlines and career applications then I read about this.
    Same with me man, today I doubled my work output- realised there's bigger problems than Academia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it overpriced as hell?
    Overpriced has reference to quality. I'd say its simple not a cheap eat.

Tbh I find the best value for money place in terms of being qualitative and quantitative that's not the asian chicken and chips shop to be burger king. Get big tasty burgers for a decent price and I'm always full from a large meal, can't say the same for McDs.
    I went last week with fam, 3 burgers, 3 drinks and 2 fries, £30. Nearly wrote £30m there, in FF mode. But yeah, its not a cheap meal.

Quality is good though. Actual bun, not that weird sponge **** you get at McD/BK. Proper mince burger beautiful fat content too. Fresh veggies, like you would prepare at home. The ones I've been too have open kitchens too, which is always reassuring. Free peanuts, bonus. Also stupid number of drinks to choose from, a selection that boggles the mind, random flavours of Fanta and such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Terrible tragedy, but I don't see how it is different to any sudden sporting death? Many times in football footballers have dropped down and died on the pitch. People die all of the time.
    I think it is also due to the rear freak nature of the incident, IIRC the same injury has only ever happened once in cricket ever and since the introduction of better helmets from the 1980s onwards, the less injuries have occured on the head, not knocks though. While in football, heart attacks are a little more common unfortunately and there have been multiple examples of this in the past.

I feel awful for Sean Abbott though, I seen him play a few times and has looked like a really decent bowler and I think the psychological scarring of causing a death could effectively lead to him not playing again.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Sad news about the dearly departed Phillip Hughes. I don't know about cricket at all but I saw the news on SSN yesterday I think it was, that a batsman had been struck on the head/neck area and had to be taken to hospital. Didn't think much of it, thought it was just one of those things. How devastating.

ReputationRep:
    Ok folks, debate of the day, which is better: Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

ReputationRep:
    Harry pothead Fo sho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Harry pothead Fo sho
    I wouldn't like to rank them, because that would mean putting one at the bottom, but Star Wars is best for me. The original trilogy alone trumps anything else.

I felt Potter faded. First one was incredible, I can pretty much recite the whole film. By the 4th I lost a bit of interest.

ReputationRep:
    M&S whole chicken is 4 quid **** I'm gone. Hold it fam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Ok folks, debate of the day, which is better: Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
    Such a tough question! For me though would have to say LOTR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    M&S whole chicken is 4 quid **** I'm gone. Hold it fam.
    Three for a tenner a while back.

Get one that has the brown sugar and honey on it. .

Lemon juice, chopped garlic, mixed herbs and melted butter (mix together) and smear under the skin (slice the meat/breasts and push the garlic into it) on the plain ones. Bit of butter and herbage on the skin to finish it off.

Quality. Sometimes I save the juices and use them in a gravy (with Lea & Perrins & onions).

ReputationRep:
    The Libertines were such a good band, probably the best British band of the 2000s.

Saw them live at the Forum back in the day and it was nuts, just the right band for their time and place really.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter is overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    The Libertines were such a good band, probably the best British band of the 2000s.

Saw them live at the Forum back in the day and it was nuts, just the right band for their time and place really.

Just no. That is some awful music. Best band of 2000's for UK is Rixton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard The Libertines albums but if they're better than the first two Arctic Monkeys albums they must be superb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Just no. That is some awful music. Best band of 2000's for UK is Rixton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    swear they've been around for about a year?

And anyway they just do generic pop, **** that

The Libertines were good because they had an old school energy to them

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't think of many decent British bands of the 00's decade. My memory has gone blank.

Objectively speaking it's probably Coldplay or AM. I only rate AM.

ReputationRep:
    The Streets were a very clever outfit as well from that era, first album I ever bought was Original Pirate Material.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have mentioned him but it's not really a band is it? It's Mike Skinner. First two albums are more interesting for me than anything Coldplay or AM have done.

Went downhill a bit from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    swear they've been around for about a year?

And anyway they just do generic pop, **** that

The Libertines were good because they had an old school energy to them
    Nearly 3 years actually, they've recently made it mainstream though yeah.

I really despise bands as a concept anyway (personal taste), seems like a bunch of mugs wasting away their days playing ****ty music. Even more so do I hate Gary ****ing Barlow and take that, really want to punch the guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.