Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9dobbo1)
    Okay guys can you help me out here.

I've applied for PPE at Exeter College and haven't heard anything. I phoned them on Friday and they said that successful applicants were emailed on Wednesday and that rejection letters were sent at the same time. I hadn't heard anything so I assumed I'd have a rejection letter that day or Saturday. However, I've received neither email nor a letter yet, and it's now less than a week till interview. It would see odd for a letter to take this long to get to me - is it at all possible that something's gone wrong? Thanks.
    I would call them tomorrow and tell them what's going on, they should be able to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bulbawill)
    I just got an interview from Wadham for PPE! Over the moon, I wouldn't have expected them to send out offers on a Sunday either!
    Congrats! I would expect the same as you, still haven't heard anything here!

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for Wadham PPE, the TSA was beyond **** so expected. Looks like it's Exeter then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to ComSci heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TANJUNN)
    They do send out both emails and letters by post
    Have you received an email and a letter? I'm a UK applicant, but I only received an interview letter through the post

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who sent their photo or answered their online form get any kind of acknowledgement for doing so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9dobbo1)
    Okay guys can you help me out here.

I've applied for PPE at Exeter College and haven't heard anything. I phoned them on Friday and they said that successful applicants were emailed on Wednesday and that rejection letters were sent at the same time. I hadn't heard anything so I assumed I'd have a rejection letter that day or Saturday. However, I've received neither email nor a letter yet, and it's now less than a week till interview. It would see odd for a letter to take this long to get to me - is it at all possible that something's gone wrong? Thanks.
    In the same boat applied for English and still haven't heard... Live nearby so would have assumed the letter would have reached me by now? So frustrating that we have been left waiting so late. Has anyone else not heard from Exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davies1)
    In the same boat applied for English and still haven't heard... Live nearby so would have assumed the letter would have reached me by now? So frustrating that we have been left waiting so late. Has anyone else not heard from Exeter?
    I applied Maths in Exeter and didn't hear anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sho111)
    Has anyone heard from Exeter college yet? I am applying for English

No, let me know when you do! So stressful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    Anyone who sent their photo or answered their online form get any kind of acknowledgement for doing so?
    Nah, didn't get a confirmation form and I don't really expect one either.
    How come you want to see it again?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anybody applying for mathematics in Oxford has been shortlisted and know your MAT results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketrascal)
    Well at the interview and this applies to all oxbridge applicants, the interviewer isnt necessarily trying to test you but is rathet trying to help you display your interest in said subject. For you specifically its important to analyse any extra material you have read or mentioned on your ps in more detail. So for me I talked about Ray Dalio's how the economic machine works and talked about my personal opinion about it and then talked about the infamous game theory. The game theory is infamous for eliminating oxford applicants before interview because as soon as people our age mention it they get it wrong. My interviewer liked that i talked about it anyway scoring a lot of bonus points. I also read a book called its economics stupid, try that. Mainly just read your ps stuff
    Thank you for your reply- it's really helpful, can I ask you about the maths involved in your interviews? And maybe what was asked in economics interviews? It sounds like the management interview is quite personal and very much about you- while the econ one is more standard?
    I literally decided to apply to Oxford the day before the deadline- very little to do with management in my statement 😅

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any responses for languages yet?? Or anything from Christ Church?/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichole199810)
    Has anyone got any responses for languages yet?? Or anything from Christ Church?/
    Still nothing It'll be next week but I hope early the week rather than Thurs or Fri

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davies1)
    Same, applied for English and modern languages and still nothing...literally hate the stress of waiting more than anything else

ReputationRep:
    I've got my interview invitation from Wadham today, and I'd like to ask whether I'm required to know Calculus in the economics interview. I didn't take any test which required calculus knowledge and we've just started learning calculus in the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichole199810)
    I received my interview for law at Christ Church on Nov 18th but I assume it's different timings for languages

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that leaving Oxford at 1 o'clock would be a problem considering I must stay until 10 and maybe later that day? I think on Wednesday they send the PPE applicants to other colleges, if needed and since I mentioned it on the reply form they could plan accordingly. Leaving later isnt really an option because I already arrive at home at midnight that day and have a big test on thursday morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saga1997)
    Still nothing It'll be next week but I hope early the week rather than Thurs or Fri
    Without a response I lack the motivation to do any preparation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallyyan22)
    Is there anybody applying for mathematics in Oxford has been shortlisted and know your MAT results?
    People who've been shortlisted for maths interviews have posted more details on their predicted MAT scores on the MAT thread if you haven't already seen it

Also, has anyone heard anything from Keble for Maths?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.