Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Crowley is like a more attacking-minded Wilshere with a decent technique on set pieces. Definitely not a winger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeHursty)
    Crowley is more of a wide CAM, like how Cazorla was being played at the start of the season, so could realistically played as a wide player in theory.

Agreed though, there still needs to be an exodus at the club, particularly with the likes of Diaby, Flamini, Sanogo etc.
    Diaby and Sanogo deserve a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I disagree, he's a CAM maybe but he has the attributes of a play maker not a winger, but yeah, he's still 3 or 4 years off at least so it doesn't really matter tbh
    I guess so, but still... no need to be overly frugal in areas we don't need to be... a DM and a CF is more required IMHO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Diaby and Sanogo deserve a chance.
    Diaby is done for Im afraid, a very long time ago in fact...

& Considering Sanogo cannot even start games for Crystal Palace, then why should he be good enough for us... If we're looking at him as a prospect, then Akpom is more of a prospect... Scores consistently for youth team

Also, shame Afobe's looking decent, albeit for Wolves, would have been interesting to see him get some games rather than Sanogo

ReputationRep:
    I guess so, but still... no need to be overly frugal in areas we don't need to be... a DM and a CF is more required IMHO

DM yes, but we haven't played with a CF all season, why would we change our system to encompass one now? GK, CDM and ST are all needed imo, realistically we'll get none as all the 1st choice options are "good enough"

ReputationRep:
    Diaby is done for Im afraid, a very long time ago in fact...
    He is my fave player
    & Considering Sanogo cannot even start games for Crystal Palace, then why should he be good enough for us... If we're looking at him as a prospect, then Akpom is more of a prospect... Scores consistently for youth team
    I thought Sanogo is injured. Also Coquelin went out on loan to Charlton but look at him now.
    Also, shame Afobe's looking decent, albeit for Wolves, would have been interesting to see him get some games rather than Sanogo
    Wenger obviously didn't rate Afobe and we should see how he does in the PL before we can really judge him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    DM yes, but we haven't played with a CF all season, why would we change our system to encompass one now? GK, CDM and ST are all needed imo, realistically we'll get none as all the 1st choice options are "good enough"
    When I said CF I meant ST haha
    To be honest, I think Ospina is capable, although if a high quality GK is available for £15m or less then it'd be hard to turn them down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    He is my fave player

I thought Sanogo is injured. Also Coquelin went out on loan to Charlton but look at him now.

Wenger obviously didn't rate Afobe and we should see how he does in the PL before we can really judge him
    No doubt Diaby has quality, but It's a waste having quality when you only play a handful of games per season... tbh, my nan has more chance of playing for Arsenal this season than Diaby

Nahh Sanogo's benched, Pardew keeps bringing him on in the dying minutes of the game though to replace Murray or Gayle as far as Im aware & you may think this is hindsight, but I always though Coquelin had potential, but that was being played as RB

True, but look at Kane... Manager took a risk on someone that was banging in goals at youth level and it paid off, so don't know why we haven't done similar when we've killed off a game e.g. 3-0 up at 60th minute

ReputationRep:
    Crowley has been playing as a winger this season btw, also seems to be coming along nicely but far from first team material or anything. Then again nobody in the youth team last year bar Bellerin was even close to breaking through.

ReputationRep:
    Every week Robbie Savage never fails to amaze me with his idiocy :eek:

ReputationRep:
    When I said CF I meant ST haha
    To be honest, I think Ospina is capable, although if a high quality GK is available for £15m or less then it'd be hard to turn them down
    When did CF stop meaning the same as ST anyway. Isn't it just from Fifa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    When did CF stop meaning the same as ST anyway. Isn't it just from Fifa
    That is what I thought hence why I put CF, but the fact I was corrected made me think I may have been wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Every week Robbie Savage never fails to amaze me with his idiocy :eek:
    He's such a tool, literally said Fabregas' penalty decision could have been a penalty and a booking for a dive. You know you're bad when you get schooled by Alan Shearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    He's such a tool, literally said Fabregas' penalty decision could have been a penalty and a booking for a dive. You know you're bad when you get schooled by Alan Shearer.
    Imagine a punditry team consisting of Savage, Michael Owen and Stan Collymore, with the ITV team on commentary. Stuff of nightmares :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If we're looking at him as a prospect, then Akpom is more of a prospect... Scores consistently for youth team
    Akpom hasn't scored a single goal in 25 odd games, and Sanogo has a brilliant youth team record as well (for club and country). People just love to hate Sanogo, when he shows just as much promise if not more than Akpom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Wenger's a wasteman. Surprised anyone listens to him anymore on these points. Can see a handball from 50 yards away but not a total wipeout after an opponent wins the ball.
    Mou isnt any better lets be honest here. "We came to win, we tried to win" lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Imagine a punditry team consisting of Savage, Michael Owen and Stan Collymore, with the ITV team on commentary. Stuff of nightmares :lol:
    Savage talking *******s, Owen sending everyone to sleep and Collymore accusing everyone of racism and threatening to punch em. All the while presented by Adrian Chiles and broadcast on ITV1 with ad breaks every 5 minutes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A lot of people suggest Wenger should have plumped for a Fabregas return, but he clearly isn't the player you need. You saw that today. He's bypassed too many times in a game, in truth.

On the plus side, despite not managing to get a victory, you looked far less vulnerable to the counter-attack than I've seen in games gone by, and Bellerin was excelling during his one-to-one defending against Hazard, who is POTY, and Willian. Coquelin again impressed me, and he seems to grow in stature by the week.

Koscielny can count himself extremely unlucky not to be in the team of the year, too.

ReputationRep:
    I like Coq.

Spoiler:
    Show
    No homo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    I like Coq.

Spoiler:
    Show
    No homo.
    Same here bro:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.