Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Ah, that's awesome I know it'll be a big workload but I love the subjects and I've done well in them so I hope it'll turn out alright That's the one I'm most scared of! Good thing is, I have a photographic fact memory which should help
    Yes I am sure it will Photographic fact memories are great, I kind of have one, until you get to the How Science Works questions which are application which are really hard and completely out of the syllabus, but with biology the more work I have put in, the better I have come out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLI_mango)
    I got an A* in edexcel maths (Mathematics A (linear) option H) but haven't been told my ums marks? Is this just something that edexcel does, or should I have my mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This happened to me too and I am very curious!:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an a in Ocr business and am 1 ums off an a*, should I get it remarked?:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in edexcel maths (Mathematics A (linear) option H) but haven't been told my ums marks? Is this just something that edexcel does, or should I have my mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello, I took maths last year (year 10) and it was the same for me then, I think it is something that edexcel just do for maths, because other subjects have UMS, and I'm not really sure why sorry! However your teachers will definitely have your UMS, so you could ask them if you want to find out, hope that helps

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also got an A* in edexcel mathematics A linear higher, and was not given my mark. I think they just don't give them to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel5001)
    I also got an A* in edexcel mathematics A linear higher, and was not given my mark. I think they just don't give them to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel are *******s. I WANT TO KNOW MY SCIENCE AND MATHS UMS GODDAMMIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Edexcel are *******s. I WANT TO KNOW MY SCIENCE AND MATHS UMS GODDAMMIT
    I know right! I took Edxcel Maths IGCSE and got no mark too. But m and some mates went to ask our teacher for our results and he had them, so maybe you can try that. Apparently I just scraped an A* by like 2 marks, but hey-ho. It's the same thing

ReputationRep:
    I got A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang so overall: 2A*s 5As and 2Bs. Is that a good set of results because i feel disappointed . I want to go to UCL to study history or philosophy or maybe even classics. Are these results good enough for that? Any replies would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan Mc17)
    Guys,

Do you think it's worth remarking an OCR History B Paper? I am 2 UMS marks off of the A* Grade boundary and aiming to do it for A-Level.
    How do you know the grade boundaries as i can't them. I got 155 ums giving me a B. Am I near the A band?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkamy)
    I did CIE IGCSE triple science. I got an A* in biology, and an A in chemistry and physics. Im hoping to do medicine at cambridge in the near future. Should I consoder retaking my chemistry to get an A* as chem is a very foothold of medicine and im worried I may be penalised as I only got an A in chem and not an A* whereas many other candidates probably will have and entry into cambridge for med is very competitive. Thoughts and opinions please?
    Fantastic grades. Do you know the grade boundaries or when I can find them? I would probably redo the Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasmine.)
    Hello, I took maths last year (year 10) and it was the same for me then, I think it is something that edexcel just do for maths, because other subjects have UMS, and I'm not really sure why sorry! However your teachers will definitely have your UMS, so you could ask them if you want to find out, hope that helps
    Ok, thanks - just wanted to check that there wasn't something wrong as I'm in year 10, and am a bit overwhelmed by it all : )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motivated)
    Omg Would they remark my controlled assessment?
    I would also like to know if one does get controlled assessments remarked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel5001)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    : ( I really want to know - guess I'll just have to badger my teacher when I get back : )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    got 8a*s and 2a's!

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say congratulations to everyone here. Loads of people I see here with 5+ A*s, some even with 10+ (HOW?)!

Also particularly people who've exceeded they're expectations regardless of the grades themselves. That in itself is awesome. Your hard work has paid off.

Congrats again to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else do AQA Drama? I got much lower than my predicted grade and wondered if anybody else was similar?

ReputationRep:
    I got 4A's and 5B's is this okay for dentistry and what unis arent heavily based on Gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty)
    Fantastic grades. Do you know the grade boundaries or when I can find them? I would probably redo the Chemistry.
    Thanks! I have no idea what the grade boundaries are and I wasnt given my ums marks either, super annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curcuitcities)
    Thanks man
    Of course, Cambridge if possible. That's if I manage to beast A-Level
    If not, I'm looking at London School of Econ & UCL.
    Btw for A-Levels, I'm doing Maths, Physics, Economics & History.
    All I can advise is that you carry on the hard work into A-Level and you will stand a good chance

ReputationRep:
    I wish I got more "A"s but I managed to come away with 2A*, 3A, 7B, 1C.
    I was predicted all "C"s so when I got them (and they finally sunk in), I was just screaming "In your face" in my head.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.