Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How can you hate 'bands' as a concept because of **** music?

Black Sabbath is different to Beach House is different to The Specials is different to War is different to The Roots (you get the point).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    How can you hate 'bands' as a concept because of **** music?
    It's not the music even per se it's just the connotations I have of them- waster hippies who need to be whipped back into conformation.

I do like Coldplay however.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    It's not the music even per se it's just the connotations I have of them- waster hippies who need to be whipped back into conformation.

I do like Coldplay however.
    If you mean the 'alternative' white British bands wearing top hats and playing acoustic guitars that the studenty artsy fartsy music types on this forum tend to cream themselves over then yeah I get you.

The Roots are a genuine Hip-Hop band though for example. Too much variety to say you don't like 'bands' imo.

ReputationRep:
    Teddy picker is such a good song

ReputationRep:
    If you mean the 'alternative' white British bands wearing top hats and playing acoustic guitars that the studenty artsy fartsy music types on this forum tend to cream themselves over then yeah I get you.
    Yup meant them. Also add in heavy metal ****s trashing hotel rooms and causing ear deficiencies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I like pop music, I am a bit of a big bodybuilding ponce tbh. IDGAF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I wouldn't like to rank them, because that would mean putting one at the bottom, but Star Wars is best for me. The original trilogy alone trumps anything else.

I felt Potter faded. First one was incredible, I can pretty much recite the whole film. By the 4th I lost a bit of interest.

I wouldn't really rank the 3 either but I grew up with Harry Potter where as I was too young to fully understand LOTR at the time. Star wars is good but tbh I only enjoyed the original 3, not the recent 3 made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)

I like pop music, I am a bit of a big bodybuilding ponce tbh. IDGAF.
    Same here. Will jam to Taylor Swift, Sam Smith and One Direction, don't care what people think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I wouldn't really rank the 3 either but I grew up with Harry Potter where as I was too young to fully understand LOTR at the time. Star wars is good but tbh I only enjoyed the original 3, not the recent 3 made.
    Rewatch LOTR. Also if you included the Hobbit there, that would be my favourite fairly easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I've never seen Star Wars, am I missing anything?

Only got around to watching the Harry Potter films last summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

They're pretty good. Not really the best movies ever made but if you're into sci fi then it's definitely worth a watch. If you do end up watching it though then watch the recent 3 first as they're the prequel to the original 3 which are technically chapters 4, 5 and 6

Rewatch LOTR. Also if you included the Hobbit there, that would be my favourite fairly easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still yet to watch Hobbit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

If you like it you'l love it, if you don't you'll most likely despise it (essentially it's like Marmite).

Anyone that hasn't seen Hobbits though would strongly recommend. Awesome movies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Will jam to Taylor Swift, Sam Smith and One Direction, don't care what people think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lawson > rest.

Honourable mention:

"Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human toooo? Marry that girl marry her anywayyyy!"

Be good , be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 3 years actually, they've recently made it mainstream though yeah.

I really despise bands as a concept anyway (personal taste), seems like a bunch of mugs wasting away their days playing ****ty music. Even more so do I hate Gary ****ing Barlow and take that, really want to punch the guy.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup meant them. Also add in heavy metal ****s trashing hotel rooms and causing ear deficiencies.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just no. That is some awful music. Best band of 2000's for UK is Rixton.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard The Libertines albums but if they're better than the first two Arctic Monkeys albums they must be superb.
    Artic Monkeys I would probably say is one of the best bands to come from the UK. Come on man, Rixton are way too recent to be considered the best of the 2000's and aren't they pop anyway.

That's quite a strong stereotype to hold over "bands" in general though. Agree that I generally hate your typical indie hipster teen that thinks he's special because he listens to the doors but the stereotype doesn't really hold true. Also a lot of heavy metal is more than just "trashing hotel rooms" and causing ear deficiency's. There are some god awful artists which just sound like noise but the same can be said about Grime, hip hop, RnB or any style.

You tell me, is this ****ing music?

People will listen to anything these days man.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here into Biffy Clyro?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been to the Koko in camden? What's it like? I've only been to Wembley Arena so far which is pretty good but some smaller bands I listen to are playing at smaller venues. Had a friend who recommended that I go to smaller venues because of a better atmosphere, and better sound?

ReputationRep:
    Old friend from school has bagged himself a worldy, they're living together. He has a very deformed hand. Respect where it is due.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Artic Monkeys I would probably say is one of the best bands to come from the UK. Come on man, Rixton are way too recent to be considered the best of the 2000's and aren't they pop anyway.

That's quite a strong stereotype to hold over "bands" in general though. Agree that I generally hate your typical indie hipster teen that thinks he's special because he listens to the doors but the stereotype doesn't really hold true. Also a lot of heavy metal is more than just "trashing hotel rooms" and causing ear deficiency's. There are some god awful artists which just sound like noise but the same can be said about Grime, hip hop, RnB or any style.

You tell me, is this ****ing music?

People will listen to anything these days man.
    Firstly let's clarify I said its my opinion, just as you hold yours.

I have never liked rock music and what it stands for. I see it as music of the devil, an evil unto the world that has brought nothing but weird people and death lovers. You could argue the same about rap I suppose but these things always existed on a wide scale.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why is it the music of the devil? Too broad a genre to claim stuff like that.

Are you religious?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it the music of the devil? Too broad a genre to claim stuff like that.

Are you religious?
    Please quote me or I miss your posts.

How do you mean? I don't think that's got much to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.