Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaneovertheSea)
    Do you think that leaving Oxford at 1 o'clock would be a problem considering I must stay until 10 and maybe later that day? I think on Wednesday they send the PPE applicants to other colleges, if needed and since I mentioned it on the reply form they could plan accordingly. Leaving later isnt really an option because I already arrive at home at midnight that day and have a big test on thursday morning.
    They should let you know when you're allowed to leave. If you've indicated that you really would rather leave before 1PM then I'm sure they will attempt to accommodate that but there is always a chance that a later interview will be required and you definitely should not leave until you've been told that you can. I understand the problem that you've got but I'm guessing that your Oxford interview is more important than your test on Thursday morning and unless it's an external exam, your school ought to be able to be flexible in an emergency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    They should let you know when you're allowed to leave. If you've indicated that you really would rather leave before 1PM then I'm sure they will attempt to accommodate that but there is always a chance that a later interview will be required and you definitely should not leave until you've been told that you can. I understand the problem that you've got but I'm guessing that your Oxford interview is more important than your test on Thursday morning and unless it's an external exam, your school ought to be able to be flexible in an emergency.
    Well I know they should let me know but all Merton said was that I was needed until 10 am and maybe later - whatever that means.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Well I know they should let me know but all Merton said was that I was needed until 10 and maybe later - whatever that means.
    Yes, on the website it says all applicants must be there until 10 but possibly later - which means that most people will probably be able to leave at 10 but you have to check first. There should be a noticeboard in the JCR or somewhere else (they will show you) where interview updates are being posted. For instance, for my course, it said we had to be available until 6PM but a notice went up at lunchtime saying that everyone apart from a few people could go home at 2PM.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, on the website it says all applicants must be there until 10 but possibly later - which means that most people will probably be able to leave at 10 but you have to check first. There should be a noticeboard in the JCR or somewhere else (they will show you) where interview updates are being posted. For instance, for my course, it said we had to be available until 6PM but a notice went up at lunchtime saying that everyone apart from a few people could go home at 2PM.
    I will check it there and if they would really need me I'd probably find a way but I can't see the future either and without a more accurate time given I planned in a way that would allow a few extra hours without forcing me into other unpleasant situations like coming home in the middle of the night or missing my flight.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Lincoln and answered the form regarding accommodation, but there was nothing about submitting a photo and everyone else seems to have had to do this, has anyone else who applied to Lincoln had another email or was that it??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I will check it there and if they would really need me I'd probably find a way but I can't see the future either and without a more accurate time given I planned in a way that would allow a few extra hours without forcing me into other unpleasant situations like coming home in the middle of the night or missing my flight.
    Oh, it's a flight... well as I say, if you've informed them that you need to leave at 1 and they've acknowledged this then hopefully they will do that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's a flight... well as I say, if you've informed them that you need to leave at 1 and they've acknowledged this then hopefully they will do that.
    Oh sorry for not mentioning that.
    They will probbaly answer tomorrow and then I'll see
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahcharmaine)
    Has anybody got an interview for oriental studies; Arabic & Islamic studies??
    I have at Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Does anyone have an interview at Pembroke from 8-11 December?

(Original post by nichole199810)
      Has anyone got any responses for languages yet?? Or anything from Christ Church?/
      I heard back on Friday but I think it depends on the college as to when they will respond, there's still time!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArtilleryArthur)
      Nah, didn't get a confirmation form and I don't really expect one either.
      How come you want to see it again?
      Neither do I tbh! And I just wanted to make sure they had received it haha
      what course/college are you being interviewed for?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by vossari)
      I'm applying from Spain, but I'm Greek, and I actually used to live outside NYC, in Somers! Do you live anywhere nearby? I've applied for PPE at Trinity, where have you applied? Best of luck on your application!
      Oh, Somers! That's in Westchester County. My father works in White Plains, Westchester County. We live instead in nearby Fairfield County, Connecticut. I've applied to study Physics at Merton College. Best of luck to you, too!

ReputationRep:
      Still waiting to hear from St. Anne's Philosophy and Beginners Modern Greek. This wait is killing me

ReputationRep:
      Anyone got interview from Trinity ?

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone heard from St. Catz for Economics and Management?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jeteesha)
      Anyone got interview from Trinity ?
      No answer from trinity here, from what I've heard they're being quite slow

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by skylake)
      Yeah I was planning on brushing over books in my PS just to know the main ideas brought up in them. Then maybe ask my teachers if they've got any advice. Other than that not really sure. I wear a suit at my school as part of uniform so I'll probably wear a suit for my interview aha.
      Basically same regarding the prep. Hm my school uniform is an actual uniform of like skirt and jumper so I've no ideal! Probably something smart yet comfortable considering we're most likely sitting on sofas

ReputationRep:
      Do you think that leaving Oxford at 1 o'clock would be a problem considering I must stay until 10 and maybe later that day? I think on Wednesday they send the PPE applicants to other colleges, if needed and since I mentioned it on the reply form they could plan accordingly. Leaving later isnt really an option because I already arrive at home at midnight that day and have a big test on thursday morning.
      aha I saw your Facebook post

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mollysturew)
      I have an interview at Lincoln and answered the form regarding accommodation, but there was nothing about submitting a photo and everyone else seems to have had to do this, has anyone else who applied to Lincoln had another email or was that it??
      Same with me, I haven't been asked to send a photo. Which subject/when have you been asked to go?

(Original post by AC57)
        Master and Margarita!! That's another good one, but it's really long
        Yeah it does! The vocab is similar to Spanish but it sounds more nasal - a lot like French... so I think it's the perfect combination!
        I've heard that it's a good book. Oh that's really interesting! Good luck with everything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.